ADVERTISEMENT

The Mallard Creek Tap Dancer

MP is loaded, but just as Vance is trying to do... getting over the hump is very very hard. The best part about Vance this year will be the coaching staff. They will put us in great situations to win. Everything else is a wait and see type of thing. Lots of new pieces.. 11th graders who didn't get a lot of playing time last year expected to be the man this year.

Myers Park is not getting over the hump anytime soon. Hit them in the mouth and they will quit on the spot.

Vance will have to replace some strong leadership and very bright young man on and off the field. Which makes a huge difference. Their problem will be getting the new guys to step up and depth. They have the coaching.

What do Vance and Myers Park have coming back

If you want to get a good look come out to Memorial that first Saturday of the season. Both teams are playing in what should be an excellent day of football.

Myers Park has a ton coming back and is loaded at the skill positions but they lost a couple big time players and leaders in the QB and MLB last year. The good news is there schedule is pretty soft and if they are who everyone thinks they are they should be undefeated headed into Butler. That game will be a good one but the memory I have etched in my head from last year is just how badly Butler beat them up front on both sides of the ball. Does that get better in one year?? Maybe.

Vance lost probably the 3 of the best kids in the history of the program but Aldridge is a huge upgrade as a defensive play caller and I expect they will be much better on defense. They always have kids who can run and catch so it comes down to the learning curve on the new QB and the Oline and injuries. They have a much tougher schedule in the early part than last year. 4 of the first 5 will be very good teams and if theycan come out of that 4-1 or better than they would be in pretty good shape.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Myers Park is not getting over the hump anytime soon. Hit them in the mouth and they will quit on the spot.

Vance will have to replace some strong leadership and very bright young man on and off the field. Which makes a huge difference. Their problem will be getting the new guys to step up and depth. They have the coaching.
Butler hit Myers Park in the mouth last year. But I think they may have learned from that. They've lost some talent but gained some in other areas.

Butler hit Myers Park in the mouth last year. But I think they may have learned from that. They've lost some talent but gained some in other areas.

There are progression's that teams went through before they got over the hump in Charlotte. Butler went through it, and MC did the same. It was not something that happened overnight. Took MC 5 years and they never lost more than 2 games a season. Butler had more talent than Indy a couple of years, but could not put them away. The thought of guys believing we have talent and we're loaded, now watch us win. It's just not happening. Out East It took WF 8 years with the same coach to win it all. 2011 MC had over 10 D1 guys. It sounds real simple on a football thread, but old boy! Now it's time for a few teams to back it up. Hough had more talent than WM & Harding combined. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Listen my MC faithful, y'all so worried about other teams. In Charlotte when your biggest concern. Should be that you dont start your season 1-5. Its a strong possibility that could happen. Scots, Butler, Harding, Vance. All 4 of those teams can beat you.

It's not all about getting over the hump. Sometimes teams have the best players. But coaching is the reason. Look at Butler last year, best 2 way player in the state. Plus the best WR in the state last year. But blew it came playoff time.

Listen my MC faithful, y'all so worried about other teams. In Charlotte when your biggest concern. Should be that you dont start your season 1-5. Its a strong possibility that could happen. Scots, Butler, Harding, Vance. All 4 of those teams can beat you.

Now your telling us what we should be worried about. LOL. I just asked a question. 1-5?? Sure it could happen. Wanna bet?

I love late July. Lots of predictions and everybody is a title contender. LOL. The teams change but largely the results stay the same. Some years its Ardrey Kell, then its the South Meck fans. Now the flavor of the month is Harding, Myers Park and West meck.

Tell ya what...Lets see if you can back your commentary. Creek goes 1-5 in its first 6 I will ban myself from NCpreps. They dont and you ban yourself and then you will be off two sites. Deal?

Still curious what Myers Park learned from their epic whipping by Butler.

Now your telling us what we should be worried about. LOL. I just asked a question. 1-5?? Sure it could happen. Wanna bet?

I love late July. Lots of predictions and everybody is a title contender. LOL. The teams change but largely the results stay the same. Some years its Ardrey Kell, then its the South Meck fans. Now the flavor of the month is Harding, Myers Park and West meck.

Tell ya what...Lets see if you can back your commentary. Creek goes 1-5 in its first 6 I will ban myself from NCpreps. They dont and you ban yourself and then you will be off two sites. Deal?

Still curious what Myers Park learned from their epic whipping by Butler.
Im here brother, ol Rich is here to stay. If MC is dominate I'll tell it like it is. But I believe their best days are behind them. To answer your question what did Myers park learn. Hopefully it was to keep there chin tucked when fighting a heavyweight, like Butler.

Im here brother, ol Rich is here to stay. If MC is dominate I'll tell it like it is. But I believe their best days are behind them. To answer your question what did Myers park learn. Hopefully it was to keep there chin tucked when fighting a heavyweight, like Butler.

Thats what I thought....Lotta noise. Wont back his play

It's not all about getting over the hump. Sometimes teams have the best players. But coaching is the reason. Look at Butler last year, best 2 way player in the state. Plus the best WR in the state last year. But blew it came playoff time.

How would you know what it takes? You have got to just stop making crazy statements. Butler did not have the best 2 way player in the state, or the best Wr in the State.

You guys keep bringing up banning. For one this is a paid site. A non-bias site, I brought more traffic to that site. Than anyone, almost 19k views on a single thread. When ol Rich speaks the truth people tend to get emotional. Soon as you dont like my point of view your run telling. Last time I checked football was a gladiator sport. For guys to get in their feelings behind football chatter. Is ridiculous, this isnt dances moms. Football Friday night is closer everyday. Buckle up your chin strap and put away you Kleenex. I'm excited about HS football.

How would you know what it takes? You have got to just stop making crazy statements. Butler did not have the best 2 way player in the state, or the best Wr in the State.
Who was better than #3 from Butler honestly. Only reason he wasn't a big time recruit. Is cause he was 5'7, fyi the kid started QB on varsity. At West Charlotte his freshman year. Their WR # 10 compare his stats. You seen him against y'all, he killed your Oklahoma and Ncst recruits.

Who was better than #3 from Butler honestly. Only reason he wasn't a big time recruit. Is cause he was 5'7, fyi the kid started QB on varsity. At West Charlotte his freshman year. Their WR # 10 compare his stats. You seen him against y'all, he killed your Oklahoma and Ncst recruits.

Stop! You're embarrassing yourself!

Stop! You're embarrassing yourself!
So your saying #10 from Butler didnt destroy Mallard Creek.? Go watch the highlights. Your Oklahoma recruit was manned up with him. And got caught lunging forward several times.

Last edited:
I'm saying when it comes to High School Football in NC, you're bar none one of the all time least informed posters of the history of the sight.
Call it what you want, butlet #10 vs your #23. Was a big reason you got your Xmas done early. #he's making a list and checking it twice

MC was done long before the Butler game, for reasons you would never be able to understand.We don't divert and make up excuses. We are very familiar with what it takes. This team will be hard to beat.

Last edited:

Darrious Hodge #44 Wake forest. Impact LB, devasting blocker from the H-back position and great special teams player. Blocked like 5 punts last year. Two in the final. And he has a ring and played in 2 title games.

I liked both #3 and #10. I would put Kusegi on the list of the best WR I saw last year. Not a great year for wideouts statewide but he was certainly underrated. Helped by playing in a great offense with a great QB. They were hardly wasted. Just got beat by a better team in RD 3. Happens and yes. He killed MC last year. No question.

You guys keep bringing up banning. For one this is a paid site. A non-bias site, I brought more traffic to that site. Than anyone, almost 19k views on a single thread. When ol Rich speaks the truth people tend to get emotional. Soon as you dont like my point of view your run telling. Last time I checked football was a gladiator sport. For guys to get in their feelings behind football chatter. Is ridiculous, this isnt dances moms. Football Friday night is closer everyday. Buckle up your chin strap and put away you Kleenex. I'm excited about HS football.

I dont want you banned. I find you entertaining. Its why you had so many views. People laugh at you. All I am saying is back your play Mr. Gladiator. You like to make up lies about coaches and players and you enjoy throwing out predictions. Man up and put something on the line.....otherwise its just more laughable stuff from you. There is a new one of you EVERY year on these boards. Always with the big mouth and the outrageous predictions. Promises to be around when it unravels but then its silent.....Happens every year.

I dont want you banned. I find you entertaining. Its why you had so many views. People laugh at you. All I am saying is back your play Mr. Gladiator. You like to make up lies about coaches and players and you enjoy throwing out predictions. Man up and put something on the line.....otherwise its just more laughable stuff from you. There is a new one of you EVERY year on these boards. Always with the big mouth and the outrageous predictions. Promises to be around when it unravels but then its silent.....Happens every year.
Ol Rich has been around, now I'm giving 4-A views. You see me, I just tell it like it is. If M.C returns to form I'll let the folks know. If WM ,Harding, or M.P underachieves. I'll be the 1st to point it out.

Again wrong!! Teams with the best players often never get there. WHY?? Because getting 16 and 17 year olds to bring A level efforts and focus 3 or 4 weeks in a row in November and December is tough. This is especially true in Charlotte where you typically have to run the gauntlet starting in RD 2. The two most talented teams at MC couldn't get it done. 2011 wasn't ready because they were never challenged during the season and when they were they didn't respond well. Players or coaches . A lot like Myers PArk. Undefeated and feeling good. All of a sudden Butler shuts down some go to plays and MP turns it over. No answer.....fold up the chairs and go home.

Last years playoffs. Perfect example. Butler gets the monkey off its back by beating The Creek. Couldn't bring that same level of intensity against Vance. Vance taken to OT by MP, come back and beat Butler in a very intense game but cant bring it in the regional final and get smoked. PAge gets to the final, playing a team the handled easily in 2015. Not focused and get killed.

Winning 4 tough games in a row. Especially if you have to go on the road takes more than talented players.

Yes but even they had some dog years. Some are throwing dirt on a team that lost 3 games playing BY FAR the toughest schedule in the state.

Dog years? Meh.....only one losing season in the last 65 years.

That's debatable...if any 4A school had this schedule...then yes its the toughest:
Week 1 @ 5A school
Week 2 5A school
Week 3 5A school
Week 4 5A school
Week 5 @ 5A school
Week 6 @ 6A school
Week 7 Bye
Week 8 @ 4A school
Week 9 4A school
Week 10 @ 4A school
Week 11 4A school
Week 12 @ 4A school

If they are not playing up at all or only 1 or 2 games then you can not say they have the toughest schedule in the state. I'm sorry, that is just illogical. Would be like a D2 school only playing tough D2 schools and claiming their schedule is tougher than a D2 school with a couple D1 schools on its schedule.

Not gonna make this another Shelby is the greatest in the world thread. There is a 2a board for that unless you want to get kicked off....AGAIN.

Three years in a row with 6 losses in this decade are dog years by Shelby standards and you know it.

As far as the schedule we have done this a million times. Cant play what do esnt exists and currently there isnt a 5a or 6a school in NC. FYI- just having more kids does not make it a good school. Plenty of crappy programs at every level. 4a included. Beating Garinger doesnt make your schedule tough.

If you want an arbitrator give me a rating system-

Simmons which is who this site uses.

Mallard Creek- #1
Shelby -#124

End of the debate.

Not gonna make this another Shelby is the greatest in the world thread. There is a 2a board for that unless you want to get kicked off....AGAIN.

Three years in a row with 6 losses in this decade are dog years by Shelby standards and you know it.

As far as the schedule we have done this a million times. Cant play what do esnt exists and currently there isnt a 5a or 6a school in NC. FYI- just having more kids does not make it a good school. Plenty of crappy programs at every level. 4a included. Beating Garinger doesnt make your schedule tough.

If you want an arbitrator give me a rating system-

Simmons which is who this site uses.

Mallard Creek- #1
Shelby -#124

End of the debate.

No one was going there. You said MC has the toughest "BY FAR" schedule and that is just incorrect. You can't claim the toughest if you aren't truly playing the toughest schedule. Playing within your class or lower does not trump someone playing up against larger classifications. This is true for any sport at any level. Simmons doesn't factor in classifications. If a 4A schools plays nothing but 4A schools and a 3A school loads there schedule with 4A schools, the 3A's schedule is tougher. Ray Charles could see that. A 1A school playing nothing but 2A, 3A and 4A opponents would make their schedule the toughest. This is why classifications exist....to "try to" create parity among similar sized schools. If not...why even have classes?

And they do exist....you just have to go out of the state to find them.

(Oh yeah....and two of those 6 loss seasons that team went to the western finals.....once the parity part of the schedule kicked in.)

No one was going there. You said MC has the toughest "BY FAR" schedule and that is just incorrect. You can't claim the toughest if you aren't truly playing the toughest schedule. Playing within your class or lower does not trump someone playing up against larger classifications. This is true for any sport at any level. Simmons doesn't factor in classifications. If a 4A schools plays nothing but 4A schools and a 3A school loads there schedule with 4A schools, the 3A's schedule is tougher. Ray Charles could see that. A 1A school playing nothing but 2A, 3A and 4A opponents would make their schedule the toughest. This is why classifications exist....to "try to" create parity among similar sized schools. If not...why even have classes?

And they do exist....you just have to go out of the state to find them.

(Oh yeah....and two of those 6 loss seasons that team went to the western finals.....once the parity part of the schedule kicked in.)
Hey 72 Champ these M.C guys get all bent outta shape. If your not cheering for the Creek. The fact is the Creek will not be dominate as before. But they hate the truth, they barley beat. Lower classification Dillion team who had em on the ropes.

'72 you're having a different discussion. To me there's a difference between the toughest schedule and the relative toughest schedule. I think what B&G is saying is that MC had the toughest schedule and that's relative to every team in the state. '72 you're saying that Shelby has the toughest schedule "for a 2A team". And you may be right but I'd argue

I'd argue that 2A Carver has a tougher schedule. But If MC had Shelbys schedule they would have a weaker schedule than the one they had. Surely you'd agree to that, right? If MC told Shelbys schedule they wouldn't have a tougher schedule. B&G is right in saying MC has the toughest schedule and the metrics support his argument. But relativity speaking Shelby has a tough schedule but MC doesn't need a quantifier!!!!

So if you're a 2A school and you load your non conference with 4A schools it's tougher? Even if the 4A schools are lets say 0-4, 1-3, 1-4, 2-2, and 3-1? Even Ray could see that you didn't really schedule "tough" 4A schools but winnable 4A schools? The MaxPreps system doesn't care about class. In the football meetings if your 2A school played a high level 1A school, it would be better than playing a low level 3A or 4A school. Now...back to your discussion about the Creek please....

With all this Shelby/ Creek talk. Why don't the school's schedule a game for next year. Kickoff Classic!!

'72 you're having a different discussion. To me there's a difference between the toughest schedule and the relative toughest schedule. I think what B&G is saying is that MC had the toughest schedule and that's relative to every team in the state. '72 you're saying that Shelby has the toughest schedule "for a 2A team". And you may be right but I'd argue

No, that's not what I am saying. I didn't even say Shelby's was the toughest.
If MC had Shelby's, yes their's would be weaker as they would be playing down every game. If Shelby had MC's, they would be playing up every single game thus yes it would be tougher.

Throw names, Mallard Creek, Butler, Crest, Shelby, Carver....throw all the names out and lists teams as a number instead 1 2 3 4 5 6.

Teams 1 only schedules similar or smaller size schools as does teams 2 and 3.

Team 4 and 5 plays similar sized schools and a couple schools a little larger.

Teams 6 plays similar sized schools, a couple teams a little larger, and a couple teams 3 to 4 times its size.

Who has the toughest schedule? (and the larger opponents are average to great within their size) Do I need to get Ray?

72 buyout logic it's impossible for a 4A team to even have a tough schedule in this state!! Because they're the highest division it's IMPOSSIBLE to play nothing but a similar class or down. So is it possible for any 4A team to have a tough schedule? Again you're speaking tough relative schedule because you're including the team that has the schedule. Where B&G is talking about the schedule standing alone irregardless of who plays it. MC schedule stands alone and whether a 1A or 4A school plays it, it'll be the toughest schedule in the state. (I hate when you make me defend Meck Co 72!!!!!)

With all this Shelby/ Creek talk. Why don't the school's schedule a game for next year. Kickoff Classic!!

Would love that game but Shelby has had no interest in playing that. Now.....with the Southpointe game being scheduled maybe that thought process has changed.

No, that's not what I am saying. I didn't even say Shelby's was the toughest.
If MC had Shelby's, yes their's would be weaker as they would be playing down every game. If Shelby had MC's, they would be playing up every single game thus yes it would be tougher.

Throw names, Mallard Creek, Butler, Crest, Shelby, Carver....throw all the names out and lists teams as a number instead 1 2 3 4 5 6.

Teams 1 only schedules similar or smaller size schools as does teams 2 and 3.

Team 4 and 5 plays similar sized schools and a couple schools a little larger.

Teams 6 plays similar sized schools, a couple teams a little larger, and a couple teams 3 to 4 times its size.

Who has the toughest schedule? (and the larger opponents are average to great within their size) Do I need to get Ray?

Lets make thos simple. This is the 4a board which is currently the largest division in this state. If you want to debate playing up go talk about it on the 2a board.

If you want to play on the 4a board i am gonna consider nothing but who you play. You look at any ranking service and MC schedule is MUCH tougher than Shelby

Lets make thos simple. This is the 4a board which is currently the largest division in this state. If you want to debate playing up go talk about it on the 2a board.

If you want to play on the 4a board i am gonna consider nothing but who you play. You look at any ranking service and MC schedule is MUCH tougher than Shelby

This is like beating a dead horse.....

Leave Shelby out of it....leave every existing team out of it. When someone makes an inaccurate statement I am going to chime in and correct you. Relative to who they play, MC does not have the toughest schedule in the state. They don't play up. There are teams that do play up against good schools 2 and 3 times their size. MC only plays schools their size or lower.

For the debate's sake.....that would be like saying (if no 3A or 4a existed) Shelby has the toughest schedule but we only have 2A or 1A schools on our schedule. That would be inaccurate as we are supposed to beat those teams if we are "the best". How many years would Shelby go undefeated if we only played 2A or 1A schools. (BTW, it takes Shelby 3 years to lose to a 2A school. Any 4A schools only lose 3 games a DECADE?) That schedule would be a cakewalk. If there was a 1A school that played up against tough competition, their schedule would be "tougher".

You refer to Brian's ratings but twist them to try and support your argument.

If you click on 3A, Weddington has the #3 toughest schedule ranked against schools similar to their size. They are #71 in the overall ranking. 2A has Shelby as the #4 toughest schedule ranked against schools similar to their size. Yet they are ranked #124 overall. In 1A WRH has the #2 schedule ranked against similar sized schools. Yet are 205 overall. In his overall rankings classification is not taken into consideration, only power rankings of opponents. He needs to modify his SS formula to include "classifications" and the difficulty in playing up.

Yep! You're beating a dead horse. You're the Wisconsin-Whitewater (Division 3 power in College football) of High School Football. How do you think it would turn out if they went on The SEC or ACC Football forum, and told them how great they are? Pretty much like you're getting here. Just Stop!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT