ADVERTISEMENT

The Mallard Creek Tap Dancer

RichBlackman

Jul 27, 2017
Does Mallard Creek become just another team from Charlotte? My thoughts are yes. Lack of talented skill players makes the Creek. Just an above average team, the writing is on the wall. Indy's dominate ended once skill players. Stopped flocking in, now the big "I" is just another. Friday night whipping boy. It's like watching Ja'rules career just fade away. # what would I be without you.:rolleyes::D:Do_O

Mallard creek is a top Charlotte team and top team in the state. Will they become just another team from Charlotte? I mean to think a team could win the state championship forever is ludicrous. Mallard creek, butler and other schools will have good programs for a while. Good years and bad years for every program.

Does Mallard Creek become just another team from Charlotte? My thoughts are yes. Lack of talented skill players makes the Creek. Just an above average team, the writing is on the wall. Indy's dominate ended once skill players. Stopped flocking in, now the big "I" is just another. Friday night whipping boy. It's like watching Ja'rules career just fade away. # what would I be without you.:rolleyes::D:Do_O

You're going to get kicked off of this sight quicker than you did @ Carolinapreps!

TROLLING!

You're going to get kicked off of this sight quicker than you did @ Carolinapreps!
Hey work7 calm down its just a thread. Why are you so sensitive is the ship sinking or naw? When you speak the truth people tend to get offended. Maybe Im wrong but highly unlikely. Good luck to you guys anyways.;);)

wow....were did this guy come from. If you had any knowledge of the Indy program you would realize the decline was not tied to lack of skill players but unstable coaching, administration, rezoning & a new school being built. You take TK away fro that program along with the stability of the coaching and developing you have change in a program. Last time I look Mike Palmieri is still there and the administration supports him along with a strong core of parents past and present that support the program. The same can be said of Butler & Newsome/Hales....continuity is what keeps a program viable..

wow....were did this guy come from. If you had any knowledge of the Indy program you would realize the decline was not tied to lack of skill players but unstable coaching, administration, rezoning & a new school being built. You take TK away fro that program along with the stability of the coaching and developing you have change in a program. Last time I look Mike Palmieri is still there and the administration supports him along with a strong core of parents past and present that support the program. The same can be said of Butler & Newsome/Hales....continuity is what keeps a program viable..
What is Indy now a whipping boy. Grainger was a must win last season. For Indy and skill guys they did have. Got outta there like the building's on fire.

And Indys decline wasn't drastic, wasn't it less than 2yrs ago they had 10 wins? I'm not sure and do not feel like googling the info. Creeks gonna b good for yrs 2 come as long as the AD and head coach is in place.

What is Indy now a whipping boy. Grainger was a must win last season. For Indy and skill guys they did have. Got outta there like the building's on fire.

You are a bit incoherent......must be a young kid. Yes Indy is in a downturn but it looks like you were not able to comprehend my post. I will try bullet points

Indy Downfall
*Coaching Change (TK...HOF Coach)
*Lack of Admin Support
*Rezoning of boundaries
*New High School built (Rocky River)

Ms. King runs a great non- bias site. Which real football fans are thankful for. Back to the topic the Creek is on a down spiral. Im not saying they'll be terrible at all. All im saying is there becoming just another team from Charlotte. Above average at best, but hey what do I know.

Ms. King runs a great non- bias site. Which real football fans are thankful for. Back to the topic the Creek is on a down spiral. Im not saying they'll be terrible at all. All im saying is there becoming just another team from Charlotte. Above average at best, but hey what do I know.
Yeah and she runs such a great site by keeping people like you off of here.

The title and content of this thread you started is meant to "Flame" the board and has little redeeming value. The passive aggressive post by you does not hide that.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
You are a bit incoherent......must be a young kid. Yes Indy is in a downturn but it looks like you were not able to comprehend my post. I will try bullet points

Indy Downfall
*Coaching Change (TK...HOF Coach)
*Lack of Admin Support
*Rezoning of boundaries
*New High School built (Rocky River)
Indy still has a fan base. But when guys can't brag no more. You see who the real fans are. I saw Indy play in two 7 on 7's this summer. Let's just say the Big "I" want be packing the house this year either.

Flame? Dude I'm just comparing 2 similar elite programs. In there prime ,similarities between the two. Didnt mean to offend you tdl. Wasn't my intentions at all, I'm just here for football talk.

Reactions: Doc Holliday-JB
Let me help you out-

2013 undefeated state title team had Emir Scaife as a starter at QB to begin the year but then he was injured and a little known 155lb sophomore JV RB took over mid season. This kid who nobody had ever heard of went on to have one of the most prolific careers of any HS QB in the history of the state. Winning 3 state titles.

Wideouts were Senior Kenzi Presswood and two little known juniors named Kyle Horton and Vernon Grier. TE was mainly a blocker who caught maybe 10 balls all year in Zane TAlly. Collectively this group maybe caught 100 balls all year.

RB and Hback ( Ran a lot of Wing T stuff) was Jaylen Samuels a little known 2 star kid whose biggest accomplishment before the season was dropping two TD's in the Regional final against Butler in 2012. He had zero D1 offers before season started and ended up having one of the greatest seasons ever by a NC HS football player. He scored 59 touchdowns and scored a TD every 2.8 times he touched the ball. Lawernce Pittman was the TB and he was a transfer from East Meck. Zero offers to start the year he still holds the single game rushing record for MC at 313 yards against Butler in the 2013 regional final.

My point is this.. Outside of maybe Jaylen nobody knew much about any of those kids just like you know nothing about the 2017 skill players. Mallard Creek is a football program......kids who don't do anything as juniors break records as seniors and go on to have prolific college careers.

Like you said....just talking football

It is the same deal at NC Preps, post factual information. Indy was still loaded up with skill players in 2009, the issues were on the line of scrimmage. 2008 they lost five defensive starters from day one of practice until the last game. Knotts retired at end of 2009-2010 school year as had been planned since he returned. Rocky River opened 2010-2011 school year.

Facts.

Let me help you out-

2013 undefeated state title team had Emir Scaife as a starter at QB to begin the year but then he was injured and a little known 155lb sophomore JV RB took over mid season. This kid who nobody had ever heard of went on to have one of the most prolific careers of any HS QB in the history of the state. Winning 3 state titles.

Wideouts were Senior Kenzi Presswood and two little known juniors named Kyle Horton and Vernon Grier. TE was mainly a blocker who caught maybe 10 balls all year in Zane TAlly. Collectively this group maybe caught 100 balls all year.

RB and Hback ( Ran a lot of Wing T stuff) was Jaylen Samuels a little known 2 star kid whose biggest accomplishment before the season was dropping two TD's in the Regional final against Butler in 2012. He had zero D1 offers before season started and ended up having one of the greatest seasons ever by a NC HS football player. He scored 59 touchdowns and scored a TD every 2.8 times he touched the ball. Lawernce Pittman was the TB and he was a transfer from East Meck. Zero offers to start the year he still holds the single game rushing record for MC at 313 yards against Butler in the 2013 regional final.

My point is this.. Outside of maybe Jaylen nobody knew much about any of those kids just like you know nothing about the 2017 skill players. Mallard Creek is a football program......kids who don't do anything as juniors break records as seniors and go on to have prolific college careers.

Like you said....just talking football
Why this history Wikipedia facts on MC. I dont know ,I never said MC didnt accomplish nothing. I'm speaking on the direction there heading now. As of what I seen at the Powerade. MC is just another team from Charlotte. I didnt see a high powered offense, you guys are getting all worked up. Prove me wrong then, win and I'll be the 1st to admit I was wrong.

Why this history Wikipedia facts on MC. I dont know ,I never said MC didnt accomplish nothing. I'm speaking on the direction there heading now. As of what I seen at the Powerade. MC is just another team from Charlotte. I didnt see a high powered offense, you guys are getting all worked up. Prove me wrong then, win and I'll be the 1st to admit I was wrong.

Worked up?? Nope. I am just " talking football". The difference is I like to back my opinions up with facts. You like to make up stuff. The fact that you base your analysis on 7 on 7 football tells me all I need to know about your football acumen but since you brought up the average skill players and 7 on 7. Your forgetting to mention the Cam Newton 7 on 7 the week prior where those average and below average skill guys beat Myers PArk, Dutch Fork ( Defending SC 5a champs) and Southpointe ( Defending 4a champs) before losing in the final to Wake Forest ( Defending NC 4aa champ)

How about some more facts since we are just " talking football". You seem to be enamored with high powered skill guys. The 3 most highly recruited skill guys in the history of Mallard Creek were Marquise Williams ( UNC) , Marquez North ( Tenn) and Ryan Jones( Oklahoma). The 3 combined got only one ring and at best Ryan Jones was option #3 on the 2015 team as a junior. If I had to rank these high powered guys in terms of production in their senior years comparative to every other skill guy in the history of Mallard Creek only Williams would be in the top 10.

High powered skill guys are VERY overrated in terms of actual wins and losses. Give me the bigs and a bunch of kids like the Harbison brothers or Vernon Grier and Kyle Horton or Chauncery Bowman and I smoke your high powered skill guys all day and night.

Wanna talk some more football?? LOL

Reactions: nepsy7
Worked up?? Nope. I am just " talking football". The difference is I like to back my opinions up with facts. You like to make up stuff. The fact that you base your analysis on 7 on 7 football tells me all I need to know about your football acumen but since you brought up the average skill players and 7 on 7. Your forgetting to mention the Cam Newton 7 on 7 the week prior where those average and below average skill guys beat Myers PArk, Dutch Fork ( Defending SC 5a champs) and Southpointe ( Defending 4a champs) before losing in the final to Wake Forest ( Defending NC 4aa champ)

How about some more facts since we are just " talking football". You seem to be enamored with high powered skill guys. The 3 most highly recruited skill guys in the history of Mallard Creek were Marquise Williams ( UNC) , Marquez North ( Tenn) and Ryan Jones( Oklahoma). The 3 combined got only one ring and at best Ryan Jones was option #3 on the 2015 team as a junior. If I had to rank these high powered guys in terms of production in their senior years comparative to every other skill guy in the history of Mallard Creek only Williams would be in the top 10.

High powered skill guys are VERY overrated in terms of actual wins and losses. Give me the bigs and a bunch of kids like the Harbison brothers or Vernon Grier and Kyle Horton or Chauncery Bowman and I smoke your high powered skill guys all day and night.

Wanna talk some more football?? LOL
Geez well nicely put my friend. But again lets see how MC fares this year. Do y'all continue to be great. Football season kicks off in 2.5 weeks. Again if I'm proved wrong ill admit it. Again these are my opinions. But remember your starting a JV QB. On a big opening stage alot of people will be there. Will he be the stud your posters have bragged on? Only time will tell, good luck to you guys. :):);)

Strange post... 7 on 7 is worthless is regards to judging how a real game would go... MC still has loads of talent... Everyone knows about the circumstances of Indy's downfall and the administration problems... Seems like a real reach here.

richblackmans opinions do seem a little out of the box
but just because it seems to be a little different he may
offer it, the ignore button works really great if you do not
wish to read..

Last edited:
Geez well nicely put my friend. But again lets see how MC fares this year. Do y'all continue to be great. Football season kicks off in 2.5 weeks. Again if I'm proved wrong ill admit it. Again these are my opinions. But remember your starting a JV QB. On a big opening stage alot of people will be there. Will he be the stud your posters have bragged on? Only time will tell, good luck to you guys. :):);)

This will be a very good team. Better at QB than last year. Much better in the back end on defense. Good enough to beat Scotland opening night? Not sure . Very big task. Good enough to be right there in late Nov. You bet.

You said they would lose 5 games on CP. I will bet you a nice new MICS Raptors jersey that doesnt happen. We on?

This will be a very good team. Better at QB than last year. Much better in the back end on defense. Good enough to beat Scotland opening night? Not sure . Very big task. Good enough to be right there in late Nov. You bet.

You said they would lose 5 games on CP. I will bet you a nice new MICS Raptors jersey that doesnt happen. We on?
When Rich Blackman speaks people listen. I'm the I told you so guy. 5 games in the L column is going to happen. Let's make it a nice West Meck Jersey.

Will MC lose 5 games this year.. I seriously doubt it but I Think Richblackman is saying the gap between MC and some Charlotte teams is closing. I think it is closing not because the Creek is getting bad, but more because other teams are hitting that weight room hard and getting better. AND... other teams are getting their fare share of incoming talent. NC as a whole is putting kids in college and an alarming rate..... major D1 type of schools. You have....
Georgia, Texas, Florida( in any order)... and after that I would put our top public school teams vs any other state's top team. Man you guys are giving Rich a hard time but he hanging in there. lol.
#LavarBallish.
Let's play some football!!!!

Will MC lose 5 games this year.. I seriously doubt it but I Think Richblackman is saying the gap between MC and some Charlotte teams is closing. I think it is closing not because the Creek is getting bad, but more because other teams are hitting that weight room hard and getting better. AND... other teams are getting their fare share of incoming talent. NC as a whole is putting kids in college and an alarming rate..... major D1 type of schools. You have....
Georgia, Texas, Florida( in any order)... and after that I would put our top public school teams vs any other state's top team. Man you guys are giving Rich a hard time but he hanging in there. lol.
#LavarBallish.
Let's play some football!!!!
Well spoken my friend thats exactly what I'm saying. They can hate me cause I speak the truth. They say the truth hurts. I never said that M.C was never good. But your strong hold is over. I'll even get MC a compliment. Your weight room hardwork was a blue print. That other teams started to implement. Look at Harding for example, look how that blue print. Propelled that program, there not a team you can just circle as a win no more. Now everyone is getting bigger faster stronger. The playing field is evening up. But yall dont wanna to hear that I know.

I think Rich is just attempting to spice up some good convo. It does get boring in the summer time so i kinda feel ya Rich. Question though. Who do you think is the top tesm in Charlotte?

Yes and no. The Mecka is much more competitive the last 3 years. Better coaching, better year around effort to be sure. In regards to players i think that is vastly over rated. Creek got just as many as they usually do this year. The difference is there has been very little noise about it. 4 of those kids will be impact players.

While there have been better teams other than Catholic and Butler havent been able to sustain it year over year. Hough 3rd rd 2014, 2nd rd 2015, 1st round out 2016. Same with your guys. 2014 and 16 great. 15 disappointing.

Top team in Charlotte. It's no clear favorite I would say a sleeper. Myers Park they just picked up the East Meck RB. We'll have to see if the RB is a true back. And not just a systems guy out of the scheme Shufford ran at east meck. The famous "G" formation a bunched in wing-t. I saw most of Myers Park skill guys played on a traveling 7 on 7 team. With Dre Bly coaching, so there skill guys have alot of reps. I think there success will come down to coaching. Cause the kids can flat out play.

I5 is one that we would love to have back. Lol. Injuries are part of the game and we lost some key players that year. We are very please with where Brand has taken the program in his 3 years. Being consistently good year in and year out is all you can ask for and then hope you catch breaks and hit a hot streak during the playoffs

Think its interesting that everyone is so quick to write the final chapter on The Creek. Reminds a little of Vance at the start of last year. Came off a bad year. Injuries, maybe not a great group. Lots of drama on the sidelines in 15 and everyone started whispering that Brand couldnt keep it together. A year later they are in the regional final and he is a genius. Now I am hearing about West Meck, Harding, Myers Park blah,blah,blah. You got one playoff win between the 3 of them in the last 4 or 5 years.

Lets not kid ourselves. That wasnt a great MC group last year. Very little discipline and they didnt have the QB to bail them out. You take away half the penalties and its a different outcome. Until someone other than MC or Catholic takes down a ring its hard to say the champ is dead.

Mr. Blackmann- You called them just another Charlotte school and they will have 5 losses. Last time they had 5 losses on the field was the first year of existence with no senior class. Already getting excited about my West meck jersey.

Reactions: Champ_24 and nepsy7
Think its interesting that everyone is so quick to write the final chapter on The Creek. Reminds a little of Vance at the start of last year. Came off a bad year. Injuries, maybe not a great group. Lots of drama on the sidelines in 15 and everyone started whispering that Brand couldnt keep it together. A year later they are in the regional final and he is a genius. Now I am hearing about West Meck, Harding, Myers Park blah,blah,blah. You got one playoff win between the 3 of them in the last 4 or 5 years.

Lets not kid ourselves. That wasnt a great MC group last year. Very little discipline and they didnt have the QB to bail them out. You take away half the penalties and its a different outcome. Until someone other than MC or Catholic takes down a ring its hard to say the champ is dead.

Mr. Blackmann- You called them just another Charlotte school and they will have 5 losses. Last time they had 5 losses on the field was the first year of existence with no senior class. Already getting excited about my West meck jersey.
Wowerz now your either in your feelings or real passionate. The champs not dead at all, they reside in Wake Forest. 1 playoff win you say, gotta start somewhere. So why not this year. Now don't get so excited and lose your Creek Dad shirt. Just swing it around your head like a helicopter. It's not about the Creek no more. Y'all had a great run, it's someone else's turn. Thanks for the memories.:rolleyes:o_O

Never been a Creek Dad so cant help you there. No shirt to swing. By Champ I am referring to Charlotte. Charlotte champs win titles or their not the champs. Been a while since the West side has won anything so maybe you just didnt know.

5 losses huh.....Now dont you go hiding like most of the preseason posters do come November. You guys can sometimes be hard to find.

Never been a Creek Dad so cant help you there. No shirt to swing. By Champ I am referring to Charlotte. Charlotte champs win titles or their not the champs. Been a while since the West side has won anything so maybe you just didnt know.

5 losses huh.....Now dont you go hiding like most of the preseason posters do come November. You guys can sometimes be hard to find.
Naw Ol Rich doesn't hide. I give it out and I can take it. If im wrong of my predictions I'll admit it. But I seen this story play out before. KRS ONE said the bridge is over. Ol Rich is saying the Creek is over. My opinion my thoughts

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT