ADVERTISEMENT

The Main Question for 2020 Football

Just to talk about football with no football, I looked up two 3rd-week local game from 2019.
This week the 3rd game of the 2019 season was Sept. 4th and Mount Airy vs Elkin with Mount Airy winning 34-22... What was your 3rd-week game and score ?
Q1 MA. 21 Elk. 00
Q2 MA. 06 Elk. 15
Q3 MA. 00 Elk. 00
Q4 MA. 07 Elk. 07
Final - MA. 34 - Elk. 22

Also Sept. 6th East Surry vs North Surry
Q1 ES. 37 NS. 00
Q2 ES. 21 NS. 00
Q3 ES. 07 NS. 00
Q4 ES. 00 NS. 00
Final - ES. 65 - NS. 00
What was your 3rd-week game and score ?

Last edited:
Reactions: realjoejr
To the ones sending prayers and well wishes. It is much appreciated. The last 2 days have been 100% better.

With that said, it's obvious who on here are decent humans and who aren't.

Even though I disagree often with many of you, know I appreciate you. The hateful among the group, I'll pray for you.

Hard to believe this Friday night we would be playing the 4th game of the season and the first game of the 2020 - 2021 season is just over 5 months away meaning it will be over a year from the 2019 State Championship game until the first game of the 2020 -2021 season starts, just a lot of BS with states all around us playing already playing.

Sure felt like football weather today.
Yes, it did and with being depressed and worried about getting COVID-19, Friday night is really depressing with no desire to do anything but work my 16 hours a week, wear my masks and maintain 6 feet from everyone and stay at home alone when not at work. My first time on here since a week ago Sunday. Just no desire. This time of year, I lived for Friday Night Football This is not life anymore.......

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$ and Mhsneer
Any chance people of NC put pressure on the Governor to reverse the order and play football like Michigan did?

Reactions: UNC91
Any chance people of NC put pressure on the Governor to reverse the order and play football like Michigan did?

I can ride one county over in Ga or Tn on any Friday night and watch high school football with the stands packed just 15 minutes down the road. Absolutely ridiculous.

Looks like the Big10 is getting ready to reverse their decision and start October 17. There’s no reason that we couldn’t start around the same time. With the modified schedule we would still be done mid December.

Doubtful, considering Cooper wouldn't budge on allowing college players parents in stadiums. I know petitions were started, and evidently those were a waste of time.

Only 2 NWC Schools 2021 Games Listed So Far

2021 South Stokes Football Schedule

Schedule Sat Feb 20 vs West Stokes (Site and time TBA) *Scrimmage*
Fri Feb 26 @ Trinity
Fri Mar 5 vs South Davidson
Thur Mar 11 vs WS Prep (@ Atkins)
Fri Mar 19 @ Mt Airy
Fri Mar 26 vs Bishop McGuinness
Fri April 2 @ East Surry
Fri April 9 @ North Stokes

2021 East Surry Football Schedule
No *Scrimmage* listed
Fri Feb 26 @ N.Davidson
Fri Mar 5 vs Reidsville
Thur Mar 12 @ Bishop
Fri Mar 19 vs WSPrep
Fri Mar 26 vs N.Stokes
Fri April 2 vs S.Stokes
Fri April 9 @ Mount Airy

I just wish and Prey all this crape would go away. Hopefully, they get a vaccine that works in October or November. The sooner the better.

The sooner the better yes. Still a ways to go but good progress has been made. Looking like mid to late next year before capability to deploy nationwide happens. Good chance healthcare workers, elderly, and immunocompromised will start getting access early in the year if the trails stay on track.

The promise to deploy before the election is just a distraction.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Only 2 NWC Schools 2021 Games Listed So Far

2021 South Stokes Football Schedule

Schedule Sat Feb 20 vs West Stokes (Site and time TBA) *Scrimmage*
Fri Feb 26 @ Trinity
Fri Mar 5 vs South Davidson
Thur Mar 11 vs WS Prep (@ Atkins)
Fri Mar 19 @ Mt Airy
Fri Mar 26 vs Bishop McGuinness
Fri April 2 @ East Surry
Fri April 9 @ North Stokes

2021 East Surry Football Schedule
No *Scrimmage* listed
Fri Feb 26 @ N.Davidson
Fri Mar 5 vs Reidsville
Thur Mar 12 @ Bishop
Fri Mar 19 vs WSPrep
Fri Mar 26 vs N.Stokes
Fri April 2 vs S.Stokes
Fri April 9 @ Mount Airy

Be a good game with North Davidson.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Wild Guess on Mount Airy's Schedule
Mount Airy vs N. Surry SCRIMMAGE Sat Feb. 20th; Time/seating capacity TBD.
Fri Feb 26 @ North Surry
Fri Mar 5 vs Reidsville
Thur Mar 12 @ North Stokes
Fri Mar 19 vs South Stokes
Fri Mar 26 vs WSPrep
Fri April 2 @ Bishop
Fri April 9 East Surry
As I said this is speculation but the last 5 conference
games & scrimmage should be right. Maybe ?s on a couple of dates

Last edited:
I probably dont taking it but I dont believe the tracking device thing

Glad you don't. Several do. Pretty disturbing.

The thing with this is, it's going to go through the proper channels. I trust the companies making it, the FDA, and CDC will not approve this until they know it's safe. We should be concerned with poltical pressure from all sides though to rush it.

I'm going to trust the medical experts with this one. I hope they aren't pushed to rush it improperly.

Wild Guess on Mount Airy's Schedule
Mount Airy vs N. Surry SCRIMMAGE Sat Feb. 20th; Time/seating capacity TBD.
Fri Feb 26 @ North Surry
Fri Mar 5 vs Reidsville
Thur Mar 12 @ North Stokes
Fri Mar 19 vs South Stokes
Fri Mar 26 vs WSPrep
Fri April 2 @ Bishop
Fri April 9 East Surry
As I said this is speculation but the last 5 conference
games & scrimmage should be right. Maybe ?s on a couple of dates
I just found out Mount Airy was having a problem scheduling some nonconference games. So this may look totally different by February. As I posted it was my speculation.

Last edited:
I just found out Mount Airy was having a problem scheduling some nonconference games. So this may look totally different by February. As I posted it was speculation.

Going to be difficult sadly. Esp since the MVAC and WP will play conference only and that takes up the whole scheudle for each. If I was Mount Airy and East Surry I'd play twice just for the gate.

Going to be difficult sadly. Esp since the MVAC and WP will play conference only and that takes up the whole schedule for each. If I was Mount Airy and East Surry I'd play twice just for the gate.
Yes, that makes sense now. I guess this is why Mount Airy vs N. Surry in a SCRIMMAGE Sat Feb. 20th; Time/seating capacity TBD. They have never missed playing each other since North Surry became a High School in 1959.

This is not the first state I have heard crap like this. It is all mostly political by one political party!
Thousands of North Carolina residents incorrectly told they had coronavirus

Last edited:
Reactions: Mhsneer and BK13T-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT