ADVERTISEMENT

The Main Question for 2020 Football

Oh you really think there isn’t more to a story than they just killed her and nothing else happened? Don’t be that ignorant.

Dude they were in the wrong house. No knock warrant. The fact they went into the wrong house says it all.

What would you do if someone busted into your house at night unannounced?

Last edited:
Reactions: ocdavis31
Id say the cops weren't to blame. They can read the address. Makes more sense that dispatch gave them the wrong address.

Id say the cops weren't to blame. They can read the address. Makes more sense that dispatch gave them the wrong address.

The cops shot a women sleeping in the bed of the wrong house. The cops aren't to blame????? This is what is wrong with the world today, not sure if you live under a rock man open your damn eyes. If my daughter or grandkid was murdered like this, you are going to have to kill me, beacuse im coming for every last one of them cops. Cops are here to protect, not hunt and kill.....

The cops might of went into the address they was giving.
From the info i seen the cops didnt fire until fired upon. Im just looking at it from all angles.
Im sure the cops announced they was cops because that would be their best chance of not getting shot.

What does this shooting have to do with the upcoming football season or COVID-19 . Not anything so please get back to football and leave the shooting topic off this thread !
I see that as a political conversation that is no appropriate for this or any thread but differently leave it off this thread.

And what do we do when playing sports and it starts lightening? Or when it's lightening in general? Don't we take precautions.
For someone who considers themselves "enlightened" you are remarkably incapable of accepting any view other than yours. I have a son who will be a junior at Murphy this fall. To put it in perspective, I let him get his license three weeks ago even though 2.364 teenage driver's driver's were killed in car crashes in 2019. Does that mean I don't love him or don't value his life? No, it means that life has risks and you weigh the risk against enjoy and making the most of life.

I would sign a waiver and let him play TODAY. Again, does that mean I don't love him? No. It means that I'm not willing to take something away from him that I can't give back because of something that poses virtually zero risk to his life. Fatalities in kids in general are less than 1 year old, or just like adults, kids who have risk factors ... Which would more than likely keep them from passing a physical and playing anyway. I've looked for recent stats on teens but could find none newer than May 23. As of that date, zero fatalities. I'm sure that's incorrect now but the point is, kids aren't the ones at risk. Don't out their lives on hold and let things pass them by. If you don't want your kid to play, don't. If you or your parents don't want to be in public, don't. Every person has an option to restrict their own movement based on their own situation.

The principal of the year in Halifax County died today from Covid. A man that looked to be in his 40s. Yeah let's go back and play ball! Let it spread like wildfire.

As I said, the elephant in the room that no one wants to discuss is that school children haven't been in a building, a building with hundreds of other kids, with mold, and mildew since early March.

And btw, I am openly accepting of other views. But you better have the data and research to back it up. I will not listen or accept unfounded claims that are taking points of people more concerned with making a buck over safety.

I have no issue playing if people want to sign a waiver. But what happens when a beloved coach contracts this and dies? Or take it home to his pregnant wife and she dies?

A waiver won’t absolve anyone from liability if there is gross negligence. That would likely be defined as intentionally not following recommended protocols, or perhaps ignoring symptoms that should initiate testing. So the coach who puts winning before the health and safety of his players could really jeopardize his school district and himself. A waiver in that case wouldn’t be worth the paper it’s written on.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
The principal of the year in Halifax County died today from Covid. A man that looked to be in his 40s. Yeah let's go back and play ball! Let it spread like wildfire.

As I said, the elephant in the room that no one wants to discuss is that school children haven't been in a building, a building with hundreds of other kids, with mold, and mildew since early March.

And btw, I am openly accepting of other views. But you better have the data and research to back it up. I will not listen or accept unfounded claims that are taking points of people more concerned with making a buck over safety.
Again ... Not a kid. Not saying adults can't fall victim to it. But, unlike others, I won't argue with you. You have an opinion, which intrudes on everyone. I have an opinion that leaves it up to individual rights. Agree to disagree.

I have grave concerns about coaches neglecting and ignoring symptoms in the name of winning. I've seen coaches put winning over health before as well as grades. What makes this time any different?

But if a waiver makes people feel better, whatever. As I said, this will all be nothing to people until it hits them.

Question Thunder .... Schools go to virtual learning, "in the name of safety". Mom and Dad still have to work, so kids are sent to daycare. What's the difference? Kids in school versus kids in daycare. Daycares have been open for months. Same kids. Danger in one, no danger in other.

Question Thunder .... Schools go to virtual learning, "in the name of safety". Mom and Dad still have to work, so kids are sent to daycare. What's the difference? Kids in school versus kids in daycare. Daycares have been open for months. Same kids. Danger in one, no danger in other.

There have actually been quite a few outbreaks in daycares.

"I have grave concerns about coaches neglecting and ignoring symptoms in the name of winning. I've seen coaches put winning over health before as well as grades. What makes this time any different?"

Sounds like the definition of a good coach to me... Just win baby

"I have grave concerns about coaches neglecting and ignoring symptoms in the name of winning. I've seen coaches put winning over health before as well as grades. What makes this time any different?"

Uh no. A good coach does not put winning in front of a kids health or grades. A good coach doesn't go bully a teacher into changing a grade so a kid can play. A good coach doesn't tell a kid that is sick or injured to play if it's dangerous for their health.

A good coach tells his best player to get his crap together in the classroom and fix his grades or he doesn't play. A good coach gives guidance to that player. A good coach puts his players health and future in front of any game.

Correct. Just win

Not hardly. I just had a coach that made sure our academics were in check and he would never put us at risk if we had a health concern nor if we showed up with the flu would he let us play for risk of exposing other players.

I think we have established a fundamental flaw in society here. When we value winning a game over the player himself.

I played for two Hall of Fame coaches....George Cushwa and Allen Brown. I guarantee you that neither would have jeopardized my health or safety to win a football game. And they taught us that there are far more important things in life.

Uh no. A good coach does not put winning in front of a kids health or grades. A good coach doesn't go bully a teacher into changing a grade so a kid can play. A good coach doesn't tell a kid that is sick or injured to play if it's dangerous for their health.

A good coach tells his best player to get his crap together in the classroom and fix his grades or he doesn't play. A good coach gives guidance to that player. A good coach puts his players health and future in front of any game.

Good opinion. Coming from a very poor childhood. It was preached into me WIN AT ALL COST. You must be lovint I will never teach my kid to live in fear like all you guys are doing today.
Just win over academics and health?

Yes this is reality. Not something i think should go on, but it does. In highschool star QB failed English with a 67 on a thrusday, he was one of my closest classmate, so knew this First hand, Friday he had passed with 75. Coaches have pull in many ways promise you this. If these coaches cared about health, football wouldnt be a sport ha. They wont even admit what concussions do to the human mind. Playing in college, recieved two concussions in one half of football. At halftime trainers told coach NO WAY he goes back in. Coach laughs and said suite up boy, lets go. Played the whole 2nd half seeing only out of one eye. Had a headache for 4 weeks straight. These coaches making millions of dollars will win at ALLLL COST.

Do you not think that is a fundamental issue though?

If a coach bullies a teacher or admin into changing grades, what type of message does that send to the kid? I've seen a lot of good athletes that get looked after a little too much fail in life.

Yes win! We all want to win! But somewhere a line has to be drawn at winning at all cost. Especially if it deals with something like a concussion.

I think this is a conversation that has been avoided far too long.

Also I am not living in fear, but I am living wise, trying not to spread a virus to others that it may harm.

Reactions: therealsquid
If folks stop commenting and replying to this nut he will go away..let him talk with himself a few days

Reactions: KW23
Do you not think that is a fundamental issue though?

If a coach bullies a teacher or admin into changing grades, what type of message does that send to the kid? I've seen a lot of good athletes that get looked after a little too much fail in life.

Yes win! We all want to win! But somewhere a line has to be drawn at winning at all cost. Especially if it deals with something like a concussion.

I think this is a conversation that has been avoided far too long.

Also I am not living in fear, but I am living wise, trying not to spread a virus to others that it may harm.

This day and age I believe it has calmed down a ton. Stoped around 2000 win at alllll costtttt

If folks stop commenting and replying to this nut he will go away..let him talk with himself a few days

What is so nutty about what I said? Do you want a kid playing with a concussion? Do you want a football coach bullying a teacher into changing a grade, while your kid that struggles with math, barely makes it by?

If so, then you sir, are the nut.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT