ADVERTISEMENT

The Main Question for 2020 Football

In late June I went to my Dr. for my lab work on a Tuesday and back to see my Dr. on Thursday. Other than a long wait in our cars or 6 foot apart outside waiting for them to call our phone to come in getting our temperature checked to go in, the only difference was everyone including Doctors, staff and patents wore masks, no face shields or dividers to separate Dr. & patent.

Last edited:
I'm not loving it one bit. I'm just not dumb enough to fall into the everything needs to be back to normal side of things.

Talked to several people in the medical field about this today, no joke, most of them said they suspect this will all go away come November. They also stated they have never seen such a reaction over a virus.....
This reminds me, I seen my family MD walking in town the other day around lunch time and I was sort of shocked that he did not have a mask on. Made me look twice.

13 Bones I am getting a free meal this spring and meeting a good person paying for it. Fingers crossed since I can't afford to eat there but will horner my bet. It will be nice to meet a new friend an worth it... :rolleyes::):):):D:D

Last edited:
13 Bones I am getting a free meal this spring and meeting a good person paying for it. Fingers crossed since I can't afford to eat there but will horner my bet. It will be nice to meet a new friend an worth it... :rolleyes::):):):D:D
I don’t know what you are talking about, but I am all in for 13 bones. Even if it is an hour drive for me. And if it’s free that’s even better.

TD and I have a bet on another post. He bet me that if baseball and football happen at the same time that East Surry football wouldn't lose a starter to baseball.

Meanwhile TD, don't want to bankrupt ya, so I'd settle for Cookout.

TD and I have a bet on another post. He bet me that if baseball and football happen at the same time that East Surry football wouldn't lose a starter to baseball.

East Surry football would def lose 1 starter, and probably 2. After that, not so much but 2 kids I know for sure would choose baseball.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712

If I am allowed to join, I will pick up the difference between cook out and 13 bones. Or we can go a little further down to Pilot Mtn and see Coach Upchurch at his restaurant.

NCHSAA has delayed start of fall sports until at least September 1st. Workouts can continue. First week of school will be a dead period.

For what it’s worth Virginia has already announced they will not play football this fall. They will decide on July 27 between 3 options:

Option 1: only cross country and golf in the fall
Option 2: swap spring sports (except lacrosse) with fall sports
Option 3: winter sports run Dec.14-Feb.20 (Dec.28 first playing date); fall sports run Feb.15-May.1 (Mar.1 first playing date); spring sports run Apr.12-June26 (Apr.26 first playing date).

No word on what the shortened seasons would look like - playoffs, no playoffs, number of games, etc. My money says Virginia goes with Option 3 or 2. I also think NC will do something similar.

For what it’s worth Virginia has already announced they will not play football this fall. They will decide on July 27 between 3 options:

Option 1: only cross country and golf in the fall
Option 2: swap spring sports (except lacrosse) with fall sports
Option 3: winter sports run Dec.14-Feb.20 (Dec.28 first playing date); fall sports run Feb.15-May.1 (Mar.1 first playing date); spring sports run Apr.12-June26 (Apr.26 first playing date).

No word on what the shortened seasons would look like - playoffs, no playoffs, number of games, etc. My money says Virginia goes with Option 3 or 2. I also think NC will do something similar.

NC and Virginia have stayed in line with things it seems.

Sometimes life is fair and sometimes it isn't and we have to sacrifice for the better good of all. Even when sports were postponed in the spring we didn't give up on them until the end. We tried to give students as much of a fair shot as we could. We shouldn't give up now until we see what happens.

This is bs period. Kids will not die from the covid.

It’s not the Covid per se that is affecting football it’s the liability. If something happens to a kid because of Covid the lawsuits will fly. Don’t even bring up signing a waiver. Not worth the paper they are written on.

A 1/3 of kids tested in Florida have tested positive.

I'm afraid we are about to see a wildfire set off in our petri dish schools.

Another big question, football starts in September and after 2 or 3 games and maybe a couple of players or more get COVID-19, does the season stop, period for this year or do they pick up where they left off in March and finish the season with playoff included or no playoffs. Also is the 2020 - 2021 school year going to be a year with no sports. I say they get a cure by January and everyone gets a shot, Well a shot and no break in sports is what I am praying.

Afraid? No

If I was, I would never leave my home. But you can guarantee that I am very cautious when I do. And we will be here for a while if others don't heed advice.

This is nothing like any other virus. There are vaccines for TB. How hard of a concept is that to grasp?

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
1600 deaths in N.C. from covid. That includes people in nursing homes with terminal illness to begin with. We are being really misled and ignorant about the fatalities rates. The numbers do not support a pandemic. They’re inflated and used for political propaganda.

186 flu deaths this year and 203 last year.

So compared to 1600. I think that number would be much higher had we of not taken precautions. And might get much higher if people keep thinking it's a hoax. I guess we need 10,000 deaths.

Reactions: Kylar2018
I have no idea what football games may look like, if they’re played. But let’s use Virginia’s current rules as a guideline, for the sake of discussion.
Let’s say that your school could have 50% of your stadium’s capacity, or 250 fans, whichever is less.
Would your school play games with those restrictions?

Everybody keeps talking as if this were a yes or no proposition without recognizing the limits that may be placed on attendance, including masks.
Not asking if you would agree with the restrictions. Would you support playing with them?

I would but people show their butt at Walmart over being asked to wear a mask. I can't imagine it would be any better at a football or basketball game.

Of all the deaths from Wuhan virus nationwide......only 9 per cent were under the age of 55...............91 per cent were much older and most had secondary conditions...............We are being played....kids need to be in the classroom.............and sports definitely need to be played...............

If EVERYONE would wear a mask for the next 6 weeks this COVID-19 would be gone or really under our Doctor's control. I have said it for months now and some major Doctors are saying the same thing now. If you want life to get back to normal then do this for your Moms, Dads, and all the people you care about. What do we have to lose by wearing a mask? I have worn one for 3 months now and it has not bothered or hurt me but, at my age and any age now we have a lot to lose, Loved ones, Friends, and Neighbors also the things we love to do. movies, dining sports. on and on and on ! !
Save A Life, It may be your own, WEAR A MASK.....

Of all the deaths from Wuhan virus nationwide......only 9 per cent were under the age of 55...............91 per cent were much older and most had secondary conditions...............We are being played....kids need to be in the classroom.............and sports definitely need to be played...............
Well, I am almost 70 so as I read your post, people my age don't matter as long as the teens who are getting it now play sports. I want football as bad as anyone but I am not ready to die and don't want the teens to get it either. A baby died this week and a few of all ages have died of COVID-19. Maybe and maybe they're not posting higher numbers but I know this is the worse virus in my 69 years. Praying for a cure is all I can say and I hope you don't get it and have to think about your post !

Last edited:
Well, I am almost 70 so as I read your post, people my age don't matter as long as the teens who are getting it now play sports. I want football as bad as anyone but I am not ready to die and don't want the teens to get it either. A baby died this week and a few of all ages have died of COVID-19. Maybe and maybe they're not posting higher numbers but I know this is the worse virus in my 69 years. Praying for a cure is all I can say and I hope you don't get it and have to think about your post !
Sorry rambbq that was not totally meant for you. It was for all that want to think there is nothing to this virus. I try myself to think it is overblown but it is a worldwide virus and not just in the USA, that should tell everyone something. Don't take it personally.just caught me at a bad time.

Another big question, football starts in September and after 2 or 3 games and maybe a couple of players or more get COVID-19, does the season stop, period for this year or do they pick up where they left off in March and finish the season with playoff included or no playoffs. Also is the 2020 - 2021 school year going to be a year with no sports. I say they get a cure by January and everyone gets a shot, Well a shot and no break in sports is what I am praying.
Well what are your thoughts on these scenarios ? What happens ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT