ADVERTISEMENT

The Main Question for 2020 Football

Fauci is a has-been and this Covid-19 has been more than he can handle along with many others. It is more different than anything anyone has faced so they don't know how to predict it's progress. Lots more testing needed.
How would we know? Not enough people are following his advice. When is the last time you saw him at a briefing? The attempts to silence or marginalize him haven’t worked with most people.

If anything this has shown that our response to this has sucked. Everyday someone from the administration of the person that will remain unnamned says something that contradicts what someone else has said. And for some reason people want to believe what the non medical experts say.

So you're going to listen to far leaning news and politicians instead?

Personally I think Fauci has handled things well considering what he has to deal with from a person that will remain unnamed.

But there is so much more info out there that isn't from Fauci.

what Fauci done that’s helped the situation. Pretty much all are a bunch of talking heads

Play ball! If only a few kids and teachers/coaches die from Covid who cares right? The sacrifices that should be made so people can watch football.

Prove it.
Truth is we dont know how it would playout.
People are dying now.
Let ppl choose.
I know alot of kids that are practicing football, playing aau basketball, and wrestling.

You need to change your name to thumb suck. Thunder Struck is to good of a song for you. Lol.

Im inside lowes with alot of ppl daily. the parking lot is full.
People rioting by the 1,000s.
Churches going strong.

Do you see my point.
If we was all hunkered down I'd agree with you but we're not.

Perhaps you should talk to a doctor in Houston.
From Texas Congressman Dan Crenshaw:
‪A few key stats today as we are facing COVID-19 in Houston‬

‪Daily hospital growth rate is just .2% down from 5.2%, just a week ago ‬

‪We are still in “Phase 2” of our ICU surge capacity plan. ‬

‪Just 9% of our Phase 2 capacity is full‬

‪Phase 3 is not expected in the next two weeks‬

‪This means the hospitals can surge another 842 beds -- at minimum-- if needed. It is worth noting that hospitals regularly operate at 95% ICU capacity this time of year.‬

‪Texas still has one of the lowest death rates in the entire country. Our case fatality rate is just 1.23%‬

‪New York has 10x the COVID-19 deaths of Texas. 164 deaths per 100,000 vs 11 deaths per 100,000‬

‪CA’s spike in cases is as bad as Texas, even though their lockdown was longer‬

‪We CANNOT lock down again as we look for solutions to combat this public health crisis.‬

‪We should continue to strengthen our health care system so that it can continue to handle the uptick in cases.‬

‪And we can take personal precautions like wearing masks and social distancing.‬

‪All of this will help prevent us from making the critical mistake of locking down again. The economic, educational, and other public health impacts of lockdowns are unacceptable.‬

‪Texans are stepping up to confront this challenge together. We can do this.‬

Reactions: Mhsneer and rambbq
If anything this has shown that our response to this has sucked. Everyday someone from the administration of the person that will remain unnamned says something that contradicts what someone else has said. And for some reason people want to believe what the non medical experts say.

would you say the same about Cooper? Pelosi? Biden? Just to name a few.. I’m just curious.

would you say the same about Cooper? Pelosi? Biden? Just to name a few.. I’m just curious.

They've been pretty consistent with their messages. Especially Cooper. He has stayed on course and not been bullied into making a Florida mistake.

You need to change your name to thumb suck. Thunder Struck is to good of a song for you. Lol.

Im inside lowes with alot of ppl daily. the parking lot is full.
People rioting by the 1,000s.
Churches going strong.

Do you see my point.
If we was all hunkered down I'd agree with you but we're not.

Only if you'll turn the BK into Burger King.

People are going about their daily lives, but so many aren't taking the needed restrictions seriously in order to slow things down. Which is why I don't think we'll be back in school full capacity if at all.

We have to remember our kids where the first to get locked down and removed from the situation when this started spreading. So to be honest we don't really know how it will spread amongst kids.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Id say the chances are much greater a football player dies with a heat stroke rather than covid

How many football players would dying would be enough? 1 football player gets this and then 20 teammates get it, then 20 from Murphy get it from coming in contact with the kid during the game. Those 40 take it home and give it to their parents, grandparents, etc.

A heat stroke isn't contagious.

We have precautions to try and prevent heat stroke. How do you put precautions for a virus into a contact sport?

I have a friend that's son plays D1 football they have had several players test positive nobody has even come close to dying. This virus is going to be here until it runs its course! Everyone could sit in there house a month and when we came back out people would still get it . If you don't feel safe for your child to play football don't let him play if you don't feel safe going to a game don't go. This is not going away sitting at home when a lot of places are out of business they want be coming back. It takes money to do everything and when local business are gone to help support schools it will be a very sad time.

I have a friend that's son plays D1 football they have had several players test positive nobody has even come close to dying. This virus is going to be here until it runs its course! Everyone could sit in there house a month and when we came back out people would still get it . If you don't feel safe for your child to play football don't let him play if you don't feel safe going to a game don't go. This is not going away sitting at home when a lot of places are out of business they want be coming back. It takes money to do everything and when local business are gone to help support schools it will be a very sad time.
This..Amen

One issue people don't seem to understand is, when a player gets it, that player will be forced to quarantine. They won't be in the building or able to practice/play. There is also a good chance anyone exposed will have to quarantine. It is going to be nothing but a disruption. As Pisgah said, at best we can hope for spring football.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
One issue people don't seem to understand is, when a player gets it, that player will be forced to quarantine. They won't be in the building or able to practice/play. There is also a good chance anyone exposed will have to quarantine. It is going to be nothing but a disruption. As Pisgah said, at best we can hope for spring football.
Here is what happened in Wilmington.

https://www.wect.com/2020/07/13/student-athlete-ashley-high-school-tests-positive-covid-/

One of my concerns is this. There are some crappy individuals that coach. We can't deny that. Some that will do whatever it takes to win ballgames, if that includes pressuring teachers and admin to adjust grades for certain players. So what happens when the QB goes to coach with mild symptoms? Coach brushes it off or encoruages kid to keep going. Kid keeps playing or just sits out a day or 2. Kid plays Friday night and all of a sudden we have a major outbreak amongst 2 schools.

Either way fall athletics will be put on hold today I expect.

These numbers reflect total cases (not active cases) as well as deaths per county.

Georgia:
Towns: 70 cases, 1 death
Union: 109 cases, 4 deaths

North Carolina:
Cherokee (County): 92 cases, 2 deaths
Clay: 18 cases, 0 deaths
Graham: 10 cases, 0 deaths
Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians: 86 cases, 2 deaths
Swain: 69 cases, 1 death
Macon: 329 cases, 1 death
Jackson: 198, 1 death

Tennessee:
Polk: 55 cases, 0 deaths

Given these numbers from WKRK for our WNC/North Ga/ East TN area. I'm no doctor but I believe Hayesville and Robbinsville could play eachother no problem

These numbers reflect total cases (not active cases) as well as deaths per county.

Georgia:
Towns: 70 cases, 1 death
Union: 109 cases, 4 deaths

North Carolina:
Cherokee (County): 92 cases, 2 deaths
Clay: 18 cases, 0 deaths
Graham: 10 cases, 0 deaths
Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians: 86 cases, 2 deaths
Swain: 69 cases, 1 death
Macon: 329 cases, 1 death
Jackson: 198, 1 death

Tennessee:
Polk: 55 cases, 0 deaths

Given these numbers from WKRK for our WNC/North Ga/ East TN area. I'm no doctor but I believe Hayesville and Robbinsville could play each other no problem
Surry County: 592 cases with 3 deaths.. Cases in the Mount Airy Zip Code: 283. Mount Airy Zip Code does cover parts of the County that goes to County schools outside the City limits.
High School Football in Surry County.
City

Elkin
Mount Airy
County
East Surry
North Surry
Surry Central
Here is a list of Zip Codes in Surry County.
https://namecensus.com/igapo/zip_codes/counties/alpha/Surry%20County-North%20Carolina1.html

You know what, I hope it does disappear somehow. I don't care if it happens November 4th, Christmas 2021, or tomorrow. But yes by all means a world wide pandemic is just going to disappear after the US election. Italy, China, Brazil, England, and Australia are all in on the conspiracy.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT