ADVERTISEMENT

The Main Question for 2020 Football

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
When do you think we will have a football season Fall 2020 Spring 2021. Will it start on time in August 2020 or sometime in September 2020. I have even seen spring 2021. Does anyone really know or just some ideas from one or all.

Have you not seen whats happening in South Carolina and now Florida? I want high school football just as much as anyone but we have to be realistic here. To be honest the state should have flipped spring and fall seasons.

If not having football is what fires the south up, then they really do have their priorities out of line.

No it’s time to start calling Cooper out Two border states around us have been open longer than us with less problems. You can’t say a lot of this crap isn’t just politics. If this mess cancels football college and high school I predict you will see monumental protests especially in south

Cooper is just like all the other democratic leaders. He think of us as people he can rule over. All these liberal leaders are acquiring power that they not entitled to. Nowhere in the constitution does it say he can shut any business entity down on his whim. If we dont drop this nonsense soon there will not be anything left to come back to.

Now back to football. Will the season be played??? Unless there is a change of policy by our leaders there will not be a season.

Yet the courts haven't stopped anyone.
Cooper is just like all the other democratic leaders. He think of us as people he can rule over. All these liberal leaders are acquiring power that they not entitled to. Nowhere in the constitution does it say he can shut any business entity down on his whim. If we dont drop this nonsense soon there will not be anything left to come back to.

Now back to football. Will the season be played??? Unless there is a change of policy by our leaders there will not be a season.

Wrong. The 10th amendment gives powers not granted in the constitution to the states, which then turns to the governors power during a state of emergency.

Simple question, if team A plays team B on Friday night and Team A has a player to test positive for the virus on Saturday, do both A and B teams quarantine for the next two weeks? And does that mean their next two opponents lose games?

I have a friend that's brother is a coach and they were told when they start back up if there is one case of Covid, the whole county will shut it down.

If you want football start doing what you are asked to do.

Meanwhile unless kids are back in the building 100% in August there will not be sports. Right now it doesn't look good.

Exactly. Our Cheeto in chief has mismanaged this virus completely and deserves at minimum just as much blame as any constituent is placing on uh “liberal leaders”.

Over 100,000 people have died since March in America.

Combining this with a very important movement in our country right now, I can’t see how football is anyone’s first priority.

Simple question, if team A plays team B on Friday night and Team A has a player to test positive for the virus on Saturday, do both A and B teams quarantine for the next two weeks? And does that mean their next two opponents lose games?

That could be the reality of it.

Exactly. Our Cheeto in chief has mismanaged this virus completely and deserves at minimum just as much blame as any constituent is placing on uh “liberal leaders”.

Over 100,000 people have died since March in America.

Combining this with a very important movement in our country right now, I can’t see how football is anyone’s first priority.

Well first our priorities are way out of line. That has become painfully obvious in recent months. Next so many leaders including the one you mentioned(I say leaders lightly) haven't taken this serious from the start because they're more concerned with the dollar and elections. Sadly that mentality has trickled down to their constituents. If it tells you anything about how this virus is, when was the last time anyone saw a flu spike in June?

Like I said, I want football as much as anyone but we have to be realistic here.

Reactions: ocdavis31
The median age of the people that die from covid is 81. What are we doing ? PLAY BALL

Over 100,000 people have died in America. Since March. That’s more than all Americans that died in WW1. What are we doing? Certainly not taking the “greatest generations” lives seriously.

Wear your mask, limit unnecessary trips out in public, and don’t gather with a lot of people. If society would have followed these simple steps for the past few months, high school football would be a realistic and viable option right now.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Over 100,000 people have died in America. Since March. That’s more than all Americans that died in WW1. What are we doing? Certainly not taking the “greatest generations” lives seriously.

Wear your mask, limit unnecessary trips out in public, and don’t gather with a lot of people. If society would have followed these simple steps for the past few months, high school football would be a realistic and viable option right now.
How many of those 100,000 would have died anyway without the covid is the question that should be considered.

Exactly but people are selfish and believe every conspiracy theory that they see.

On a bright side of the possibility of football, I did attend, virtually our first football officiating meeting last night. No real info that has not already been discussed about start of season. As of now planning normal start date. My own opinion is that we will not start on time. As someone stated, what happens when the first positive test happens? Our school system has delayed start till July 6, mostly because the system was not prepared or ready to adhere to the restrictions that are in place to start.

But I certainly hope that for the sake of the kids that a plan comes up for a safe return to all fall activities.
This not only affects football but many others.

Last edited:
Just read that University of Texas has 15 football players who came back onto campus to workout now on quarantine!

On a bright side of the possibility of football, I did attend, virtually our first football officiating meeting last night. No real info that has not already been discussed about start of season. As of now planning normal start date. My own opinion is that we will not start on time. As someone stated, what happens when the first positive test happens? Our school system has delayed start till July 6, mostly because the system was not prepared or ready to adhere to the restrictions that are in place to start.

But I certainly hope that for the sake of the kids that a plan comes up for a safe return to all fall activities.
This not only affects football but many others.

I think they should go ahead and push it back. Shorten the seasons and plan for conference play only. I know money is tight for some but increase gate prices a dollar or 2 for the year.

I think they should go ahead and push it back. Shorten the seasons and plan for conference play only. I know money is tight for some but increase gate prices a dollar or 2 for the year.
Probably a logical suggestion, but last year our system raised their ticket prices and visiting counties thought we were highway robbers.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Probably a logical suggestion, but last year our system raised their ticket prices and visiting counties thought we were highway robbers.

I remember when the MVAC did that. People went crazy but it's just part of it. People don't understand how much it cost to run a bus and pay officials. You know the officials that each individual school hires?

Perhaps time to slow the spread again if the state adopts a mask policy. Medical breakthrough. More time for research.
The media has got people thinking that it's a death sentence to get the covid, the truth is far from that. 32 people have had it here 1 has died, and that one might have died within the timeframe anyway

The media has got people thinking that it's a death sentence to get the covid, the truth is far from that. 32 people have had it here 1 has died, and that one might have died within the timeframe anyway

You do realize that N.C is just now seeing the highest numbers of cases,deaths and hospitalizations since the virus started.?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT