ADVERTISEMENT

The Main Question for 2020 Football

I’m interested to see what happens with the October High Point furniture market. Largest economic generating event in North Carolina. Cancelled in April.
As of now, it’s on. I really can’t see tens of thousands of folks from all over the world congregating in showrooms. The usual 75,000 plus won’t be there, but I still can’t see it.

One of the most egregiously ignorant, misguided, and uneducated statements I've ever seen on here. Yet once again, from you. Surprise surprise! Lol. Everybody please do not judge the entire Pisgah community based off of anything this guy says! I'm starting to think Asheville might suite you better Pisgah Bear.

Oh and if you couldn't tell, I'm a Republican. How freakin' dare you insinuate that I don't care about my kid, my friends kids or other kids. I hope that you're the obnoxious tailgater at the Pisgah games that I think you are...
You know something I could care less what you think about me.I knew you was a Republicans many posts ago and I don't care about that either.I think Alabama or Mississippi would be better for you.
I didn't know you represented the entire Pisgah community either?

Reactions: UNC91
WNC is heavy Republican.

giphy.gif

The Main Question for 2020 Football
Is the thread subject and if you keep on you are going to get it locked. I hope they just block y'all or delete your posts instead. I started the thread and it was not about the Pisgah community alone but the whole statewide football restarting and not the political parties. Also, don't make it personal for any 2 posters or schools. That's all I ask !

Dumb ?? here ... does what nc high school sports assoc when they determine what high schools do for fall ball which i think wont happen ... does that determine what elementary schools fall ball do as well ??

More than likely it will trickle down. The NCHSAA and DPI who oversees middle school will at least be on the same page more than likely.

Robbinsville doesn't have middle school ball.
Our rec league cancelled but our Junior high is still working out.

Yes 9th grade can go straight to varsity but once they participate with HS I don’t think they can move back down.
Kinda true..they can only play the ENTIRE varsity season with an invitation from the head coach..Its not very common in the SMC..The last player to play varsity as a freshman at Robbinsville was record breaking back Rylee Anderson..Before Rylee came Spencer McCoy and possibly Austin Hedrick..In other words ,you have to be a stud to play varsity as a 9th grader in the SMC. After jv season ends then all freshman that would like to move up has that option . BTW, Walsh has invited 2 freshman to play varsity this year..And yes,they are 2 stud running backs.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Cruz, Skylar and the kicker all played as freshman.

I think they started.

Last edited:
Which organization oversees the middle school programs? I would assume the DPI since 7th and 8th are involved.
Not sure who oversees it. I think its a great setup for small schools and conferences that have a hard time filling a true JV team. 7th graders that have not aged out of rec ball can play rec or on the JH team. The teams are limited on games and only play in conference schools. They cannot play a team with 10th graders.

Rylee Anderson didnt move up until the JH season ended.

C. Wesley was the last freshman to move up at beginning of season

Virginia has suspended athletics until December.

Wonder why? The most liberal governor in the South siding with keeping the economy shut down? Say it ain't so....isn't he also the one that got a pass from the Social Justice Warriors when he appeared in black face standing next to a person dressed in a klan outfit? Yeah...he was. The hypocrisy of the left knows ZERO bounds. Imagine had that been ANY GOP member and their careers would have been cancelled. If you have the magic "D" beside your name you can just rattle off a "I'm sorry", "my bad" and all is forgiven. Wait an see... his lap dog Cooper will follow suit. Football ain't happening boys...thanks to the liberal left. Any thing to defeat the "big bad orange man." Sooner or later people will wise up and realize that what liberalism touches turns to turds hot, fast and in a hurry. Enjoy.....

Wonder why? The most liberal governor in the South siding with keeping the economy shut down? Say it ain't so....isn't he also the one that got a pass from the Social Justice Warriors when he appeared in black face standing next to a person dressed in a klan outfit? Yeah...he was. The hypocrisy of the left knows ZERO bounds. Imagine had that been ANY GOP member and their careers would have been cancelled. If you have the magic "D" beside your name you can just rattle off a "I'm sorry", "my bad" and all is forgiven. Wait an see... his lap dog Cooper will follow suit. Football ain't happening boys...thanks to the liberal left. Any thing to defeat the "big bad orange man." Sooner or later people will wise up and realize that what liberalism touches turns to turds hot, fast and in a hurry. Enjoy.....

Just stop dude.

What has happened with the Miami Marlins is a sign of things to come.

With that said, Virginia won't be the only one. The states that are going full throttle will be following soon enough.

Iowa was successfully with their summer baseball and softball seasons. They play during the summer months. 21 of their 338 teams had to shut down during the season. Several articles on this for those that want to read them. It appears they will be going with this same model for football and feel good about it after success with baseball and softball.

Reactions: KW23
I just heard Graham County ( Robbinsville) schools are going back to school..Plan B...High school still attend school in person 4 days a week

Over 600,000 die every year with cancer, what are we doing to stop that?

Cancer isn't a highly contagious virus and in many cases people are predisposed to cancer.

Totally different animal than a virus. So not a good comparison.

There are several things people do to limit their chances of getting cancer.

There are so many things we don't know about this virus yet and things we learn everyday. I don't understand why people have such a hard time with understanding that.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Over 600,000 die every year with cancer, what are we doing to stop that?
I am sure a large part of those deaths this year were reported as CORVID-19 deaths as many death that wasn't COVID-19 got reported as CORVID-19 deaths. That has been reported in newspapers and TV..
But your post was also true in the years before CORVID-19....

Iowa was successfully with their summer baseball and softball seasons. They play during the summer months. 21 of their 338 teams had to shut down during the season. Several articles on this for those that want to read them. It appears they will be going with this same model for football and feel good about it after success with baseball and softball.

Wish I lived closer to Iowa so I could watch some football!

River Mill Academy has opted out of fall sports for the year. They are the first NCHSAA member school to do so.

WSFC and Brunswick will resume optional workouts August 3rd.

i think if we dont play football & soccer is still allowed to go & so far it is .. its another attempt to reduce the # of kids wanting to play football ......... if our region soccer is scheduled to start practice this coming Saturday .....another thing why has travel softball & baseball not been stopped from playing since this crap started ...$$ .... if you going to shut down 1 sport shut em all down

Reactions: Mhsneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT