ADVERTISEMENT

The good, the bad and the ugly

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
I named this topic, the good , the bad and the ugly concerning the things that we seen that’s happen during the HS football seasons. Seems here lately we witnessed some strange things that happened. Go back to 2016 during the football season we seen the wild fires in the mountains that even the air was smoke like even down in the piedmont area. Go back to 2018 we witnessed hurricane Florence that brought devastation to the eastern part of state that caused games to be canceled and delayed to another time. Go back last year we seen blazing hot temperatures in Oct. that temps reach in the upper 90’s at times. I don’t remember seeing temps like that in Oct. Now we are experiencing the COVID 19 that has shut down HS football. I can go back to the ‘70s and up until here as of lately, and don’t remember a time like we’ve seen. Maybe someone else has witnessed some crazy things like we seen before my time. Now I seen multiple HS football games down through the years and seen some great games. I just hope things will get back on track. Maybe next year we will experience a great football season.

In 2004 WNC was effected with back to back hurricanes that flooded Asheville by the Biltmore house very bad and Macon county (Franklin) had really bad mudslides. Games were cancelled that Friday. Tons of power outages

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
In 2004 WNC was effected with back to back hurricanes that flooded Asheville by the Biltmore house very bad and Macon county (Franklin) had really bad mudslides. Games were cancelled that Friday. Tons of power outages
Yeah, that was crazy! It destroyed the town of Canton including our football field/stadium. We ended up playing our home games at WCU after that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT