EAST REGIONAL FINAL:
#1 South Granville Vikings (30-0)

vs.
#3 Farmville Central Jaguars (28-2)

WEST REGIONAL FINAL:
#1 Forest Hills Yellow Jackets (29-0)
vs.
Shelby Golden Lions (25-3)

Well....... who's going to make it to the finals and win it all? Four great teams remaining. I think the east may be more talented, but you never know who may win come tournament time. Good luck to every team and safe travels for everyone this weekend.........and GO YELLOW JACKETS!!!!

Last edited:
Here is my overview and I hope no one gets mad.
I have seen all these teams up close.
I was at the Anson/South Granville Nov 17th scrimmage.
Anson won by 5. That was before all the attrition.
South Granville probably got the best set of guards in the state 6. I count they can all shoot the three well. But they are a very flawed team. They reach a lot, turn it over and don't rebound well. But when that machine gets going it is hard to stop. They play off intensity well.
Shelby may be the most discipline team for the style of play. They can press and are very physical.
Forest Hills saw them once against Anson at Forest Hills. Very Fundamental team, they are not the most athletic team, They are sporadic when shooting Jumpers. They are well freakin coached and can be beaten on the drive. To me, #21 the transfer from Piedmont is the Key, they spread him out against your 5 and run sets through him.
Farmville- They are like South Granville, very talented but so undisciplined. But their style play turns people over. I think this will be a game because Bobby P can play Baby T even. #2 From South Granville is a tremendous athlete and can match 5. But I think South Granville Shooters are deeper and Farmville is bigger. That may be the key---> rebounding. South likes to leak a lot and not rebound. I can see it going either way.

My Picks
Farmville- because of Experience.. But South Granville scares me. They are so explosive, and I think Farmville hasn't seen a team that will match them with Bravado and depth. But rebounding may bite south in the rear.

Shelby- I think they are too physical for Forest Hills, and Forest Hills has an issue with traps this year. Also, #3 gets out of control sometimes. I think Shelby wears Forest Hills down and pulls away in the Fourth. But if the refs got quick Whistles... Shelby may be in trouble.

Shelby- I think they are too physical for Forest Hills, and Forest Hills has an issue with traps this year. I think Shelby wears Forest Hills down and pulls away in the Fourth. But if the refs got quick Whistles... Shelby may be in trouble.
Good call there, buddy.:)

Greensboro Convention Center is where it is played not the arena and the floor has dead spots all over it, also no shooting depth perception. Have been there many times and never saw what I would term as a good quality basketball game. Saw some close games but lots of turn overs and very poor shooting and not just from the Shelby teams as I have seen us win and loose there. Just my Realville opinion, I know it's not worth anything. Also I don't know the seating numbers but I would think LR has as many seats as Greensboro Convention Center. Now the parking is much better at Greensboro as it was a bit confusing navigating to the parking lots around they gym at LR. Also the ticket both was hidden, everyone was having to ask where to buy tickets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT