ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Murphy seniors

NC nole fan

Sep 22, 2001
Just wanted to congratulate you guys (especially my nephew, love you buddy!) on an awesome career and to thank you for the many great times and memories. It was pure joy watching you guys over the years from youth league on up and I enjoyed every minute of it! I know it hurts worse than words can say right now, but in time you guys will look back and appreciate everything you accomplished! Two state titles, three straight state title appearances, a JV championship, etc. The list goes on and on. So hold your heads high. You definitely have nothing to be ashamed of. I would also like to thank all the coaches for their hard work and dedication and a special shout out to coach Campana, who coached his final game tonight. I've never met you but my nephew thinks the world of you and I appreciate you being an excellent influence in his life. He thinks the world of all his coaches and I appreciate all of you. I hate it that the season and this great run is over but I'm happy for the accomplishments! It's like the old saying goes, "Don't cry because it's over, but smile because it happened". Thank you all again and good luck in your futures!

Congrats on a hard fought season for the dogs but What JV Championship are you talking about?

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
Congrats on a hard fought season for the dogs but What JV Championship are you talking about?
2011. I know rville won the last game that year but both teams beat each other one time and ended up with the same record. I know Murphy has a JV SMC trophy for that season and the knights should too.

Okay. I didnt know if that was the year you was talking about or if Murphy won it the year before.

Absolutly a huge congrats to what this senior class brought to the Murphy Bulldogs! ONE HELLOFA run you guys had. Ain't many high school athletes got to do what you guys did over 4 years.

Yeah that's the one I was talking about bk. Congrats to your knights and to you. I know I give you a hard time on here and sometimes I go a little too far with it and I apologize for anything I've ever done to offend you. Man this one hurts a little more tonight. Not so much because Murphy lost but because it was my nephew's last game. I'm probably taking it worse than he is lol! It flew by.

I got thick skin. Do worry about it. I have been trying to keep it toned down alittle this year. Good luck and cant wait to make the trip to Murphy next year.

As an Eastern poster I didn't have a dog in the fight, but have had a lot of experience with the bulldogs. I've had the pleasure of doing the radio broadcast of the Plymouth Vikings for many years and have met many of those young men from Murphy. Sad to see you guys lose tonight, but keep your heads high. Like someone said earlier you accomplished much more than most high school athletes even get a chance to do. I hope if Plymouth is fortunate enough to make it to Raleigh in a couple weeks, we can feed off your example of what a program should be. Good luck in you future endeavours, and coach Gentry another job well done. Haven't had any dealings with the Black Knights since 1982 and the State Championship vs. Bath. Looks like the program is back at least for this season. Maybe we will get a chance to meet each other in the capital in 2 weeks. Good luck all.

Nothing but respect to the Plymouth program. 2 classic state championship games between Murphy and Plymouth the last 2 years. Should be a dandy in 2 weeks with the Black Knights.

Originally posted by NC nole fan:
Just wanted to congratulate you guys (especially my nephew, love you buddy!) on an awesome career and to thank you for the many great times and memories. It was pure joy watching you guys over the years from youth league on up and I enjoyed every minute of it! I know it hurts worse than words can say right now, but in time you guys will look back and appreciate everything you accomplished! Two state titles, three straight state title appearances, a JV championship, etc. The list goes on and on. So hold your heads high. You definitely have nothing to be ashamed of. I would also like to thank all the coaches for their hard work and dedication and a special shout out to coach Campana, who coached his final game tonight. I've never met you but my nephew thinks the world of you and I appreciate you being an excellent influence in his life. He thinks the world of all his coaches and I appreciate all of you. I hate it that the season and this great run is over but I'm happy for the accomplishments! It's like the old saying goes, "Don't cry because it's over, but smile because it happened". Thank you all again and good luck in your futures!
Just wanted to say how tough this year's BullDawgs are! After so many young men being hurt, it was Next Man Up! And the wins continued, even over my Beloved Devils. A state title isn't in the cards tonight, but ya'll played like champions, you played like true SMC football is known for, ya'll have nothing to hang your heads about, just polish that Ring you do have and think about all those young men in this state that will NEVER have one!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT