ADVERTISEMENT

Teams you would like to see that use to play against each other

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Here is one matchup that I would like to see that use to play against each other. One would be Shelby n Gaffney. Anyone else have a pick of teams.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Pisgah vs Shelby... I know they would kill us most years but nobody travels as well and supports their teams like these two. The atmosphere alone would make it worthwhile.

A few others would be...

Greenville, TN vs Shelby.
Charlotte Catholic vs Shelby.
Reidsville vs Shelby.
Murphy vs Tarboro.
AC Reynolds vs Christ School.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Pisgah vs Shelby... I know they would kill us most years but nobody travels as well and supports their teams like these two. The atmosphere alone would make it worthwhile.

A few others would be...

Greenville, TN vs Shelby.
Charlotte Catholic vs Shelby.
Reidsville vs Shelby.
Murphy vs Tarboro.
AC Reynolds vs Christ School.
Looks like you need to move to Gidney Street in Shelby and buy you a pit bull and Lion Paw for your whip. They’re only a big deal to you because they’ve beat you in every meaningful game. They win a lot of 2a rings. On a few occasions they’re the best team in the County.

Shelby vs. Dillon
Reidsville vs. Havelock
Catholic vs. Myers Park
Wellington vs. East Forsyth
Mallard Creek vs. Miami NW
Vance vs. Highland Springs VA
Richmond co. Vs. Greenwood TN

Looks like you need to move to Gidney Street in Shelby and buy you a pit bull and Lion Paw for your whip. They’re only a big deal to you because they’ve beat you in every meaningful game. They win a lot of 2a rings. On a few occasions they’re the best team in the County.
Ehhh, I'm good. I already live in the most beautiful part of the state. But, thanks man. They only beat me once, actually. And every meaningful game? Yep, you nailed it! You must know me so well! After all of my athletic accomplishments in multiple sports in life, I'm still hung up on losing that one time to Shelby 14 years ago. Hahaha. Geeeez. Oh and yes, considering they are 2A they have therefore won a lot 2A rings since that's what classification they're in. Duh. Also, how many rings does Crest have in comparison to Shelby? Shelby has more rings than the rest of Cleveland Co. combined I'm pretty sure. They must own a lot of real estate in your head...

Last edited:
Shelby n Gaffney may have played more but this is what I come up with so far.

1993 Gaffney 38. Shelby 23
1994 Gaffney 27 Shelby 24
1995 Gaffney 20 Shelby 13
1995 Gaffney 49 Shelby 31

Perhaps Gaffney would be the better team but I think it would be worth the admission to watch a exciting game with an exciting environment.

Perhaps Gaffney would be the better team but I think it would be worth the admission to watch a exciting game with an exciting environment.
Games didn't come out in our favor but they were fun games to watch with tons of atmosphere and excitement.

Ehhh, I'm good. I already live in the most beautiful part of the state. But, thanks man. They only beat me once, actually. And every meaningful game? Yep, you nailed it! You must know me so well! After all of my athletic accomplishments in multiple sports in life, I'm still hung up on losing that one time to Shelby 14 years ago. Hahaha. Geeeez. Oh and yes, considering they are 2A they have therefore won a lot 2A rings since that's what classification they're in. Duh. Also, how many rings does Crest have in comparison to Shelby? Shelby has more rings than the rest of Cleveland Co. combined I'm pretty sure. They must own a lot of real estate in your head...
No, not really. They’ve played football since the brought the first one over in the Mayflower. They can never be in my head. We have 6 rings. One 4A and the rest 3AA and 3A. The 4A team was the best team to ever play in this County and yours too for that matter. The 2014 team that ran Havelock ofc the field was a close runner up. I simply saw your list and deduced that you had a latent homosexual relationship with a Shelby fan. If I am wrong, you have my apologies.

I understand your fascination. You watch sloppy, slow, mountain football and when a team with speed shows up, it’s like sex with your cousin, it ain’t right, but you can’t help from playing it over and over again in your head. Tell her I said hello.

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
I think the craziest part is that all I did was mention a high school football game I'd personally like to see and his response was something about a homosexual relationship between myself and a Shelby fan and then a fantasy about an incestuous sexual encounter with my cousins. WTF? Says a lot more about him I think! Lol.

Last edited:

yep....maybe the closest game of those was that 93 game. Late punt block for TD...then I think soon after kick return all at the end was the difference. I remember it was two huge, late plays.

Shelby and Alcoa,TN. Greeneville is not as good now. Alcoa is always good or somebody in WNC play Alcoa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT