ADVERTISEMENT

Team's Overall Football Record

shelbystatman

Oct 2, 2004
I know someone who makes posters. He is putting together a poster for the most Football wins in NC. If you know your team's overall football record, could you reply to this post? I'm trying to help him out. Thanks.

Reidsville's known record is 768-319-38 (thru 2019)...I say known because there a few years that are missing from late teens to early 20's (20th century).

By the way there is a Texas web site...which is excellent....footballfridaynight.com that has records from every state....find NC and you can get a listing of all the top records in NC.........

Reactions: shelbystatman
that site was on earlier today so I don't know what the deal is.....hopefully it's temporary....I've been on this site multiple times that last 2 or 3 years...it's really full of a lot of info..............

Thomasville All-Time

1927-2019

661-346-32 65.158%
My friend, I'm not up on keeping stats, and I know you are, but I'm thinking I read or heard that before 1972, ties were not counted; rather than counting half a win like is done, now.
Just guessing that most of the Bulldogs ties were prior to 72. Ties seemed more common then and probably because opposing coaches were happy to come out with a tie against T'ville and didn't want to chance an overtime.
If most of their ties were before 72 and if my information is correct (certainly not sure and please correct me, if not), wouldn't that cause a slight increase in the Bulldogs winning percentage ? Not that the great Thomasville program needs any help with their numbers. A 65% winning percentage over 92 years is, to me, outstanding.
Go Bulldogs!

Reactions: BK13T-$
My friend, I'm not up on keeping stats, and I know you are, but I'm thinking I read or heard that before 1972, ties were not counted; rather than counting half a win like is done, now.
Just guessing that most of the Bulldogs ties were prior to 72. Ties seemed more common then and probably because opposing coaches were happy to come out with a tie against T'ville and didn't want to chance an overtime.
If most of their ties were before 72 and if my information is correct (certainly not sure and please correct me, if not), wouldn't that cause a slight increase in the Bulldogs winning percentage ? Not that the great Thomasville program needs any help with their numbers. A 65% winning percentage over 92 years is, to me, outstanding.
Go Bulldogs!

The same fellow has Lincolnton's all time record as 640-380-39. That's a hefty winning percentage as well. That figures at roughly a 63% winning percentage with ties counting as a 1/2 win.

Reactions: ITJ
The same fellow has Lincolnton's all time record as 640-380-39. That's a hefty winning percentage as well. That figures at roughly a 63% winning percentage with ties counting as a 1/2 win.
CHEERDUCK, thank you, my friend. We've had three down years, and I appreciate those team's efforts just as much as any. How I'd like to see the Red Tornadoes, Bulldogs and Wolves do well, this year. All were members of the old WNCHSAA; because of that and for other reasons I feel a special kindred to them.

Reactions: ITJ and ocdavis31
Since George Cushwa took over The Thomasville team in 1959, the Bulldogs have had a winning percentage of 73.2. Prior to a group of citizens recruiting Coach Cushwa, we had very few winning seasons and a lot of coaches. From 1959-2013, 55 years, Thomasville had a total of three coaches, two named Brown. We’ve had four coaches in the past seven years. Winning percentage 48.6. Stability matters.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK and ITJ
NC_HS_Football_Modern_Era_Wins.jpeg

Reactions: tcdevils86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT