ADVERTISEMENT

Teams DQed from playoffs

beamer24

Jul 16, 2009
Lenior
I remember in 2007 when it happened at South Meck they found out they were DQed on game day.

Crest I remember beat South caldwell back in 04 or 05 in the 3rd round only to forfeit the next game.

Albemarle and Dudley this year.

I know its happened to more teams all coaches should learn from this.

Trask and West Bladen were DQ'd earlier this year for fighting. Not sure if they would have made it or not.

Terry Sanford in 4A got DQed a few years back for ineligible players, I think 2009 or 2010. South Brunswick in 3A got DQed for a fight in a 2nd round playoff game around same season. Havelock got a 3rd round bye out of it.

I do not like the DQ from the playoffs for fighting. It is actually the number of times a team has a player ejected from a game. I think the players that are the violators should be held out for a set number of quarters. Eight quarters with the one they were ejected not counting as a whole quarter.

Pinecrest, Union Pines, Pamlico, North Moore and South Brunswick were all disqualified in 2010 for fighting ejections.

South Granville, Warren County, Robbinsville and Andrews were disqualified in basketball during the same school year.

I don't think this rule is going away.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/01/07/904475/nchsaa-continues-to-clamp-down.html#storylink=cpy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT