ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro vs Hertford county

Tarboro Vikings fan 2018

May 20, 2020
Tarboros first home game of the season is against an opponent that Tarboro goes way back with. The Hertford county bears. The Vikings took a tough loss on the road to Rocky Mount in which their offense struggled mightily. Can the vikings rebound or will Hertford hand Tarboro their first regular season home Loss since 2014 and put Tarboro at 0-2?

I think we pull it out, but not in a blowout fashion. Also, side bar, haha, I’m with tar vikes, complete phantom call

They’ve made some changes to the oline so hopefully they’ll be able to block better this week! It’ll definitely be another dog fight again this week! Hopefully we can pull it off though! Defense needs to come to play again though! They showed up last week. Especially my younger brother Amari Battle #9.

Was it Hertford County that Tarboro played one year back in the day that went to like 6 or 7 OTs?

We definitely gonna need a three year starter with the talent we losing after this season. He works on his throwing he gonna be really good.
I don’t know. We’re gonna lose a few key players after this year but we really don’t have a lot of seniors that are healthy that are playing…we have a lot jrs and sophomores getting a lot of playing time

Reactions: UNC91
I don’t know. We’re gonna lose a few key players after this year but we really don’t have a lot of seniors that are healthy that are playing…we have a lot jrs and sophomores getting a lot of playing time
Yeah true. Once Jerome comes back that'll help. I saw Number 8 wasn't dressed either.

I was really proud of the team. They bounced back in great fashion. It would have been easy to hang their heads the way the game ended last week and started this week, but they didn't quit. A sign of a true champion. I feel like they grew up a lot in the game. You could see them gain confidence and get better each play. They found some leaders in #9 and the QB...#10 played well at FB and Tobias had help from the other HBs. The D was lights out in the 2nd half except for the one long pass play, but they cleaned that up nicely with that goal line stand. And I cannot overstate enough the size difference between HC and THS. HC was significantly bigger than THS and tried to push THS around. They were successful at times, but when it was needed THS was better than HC's size and athleticism. I said it after the RM loss and I will say it here...I don't think THS will lose another game. If they continue to show the week to week improvement, they will be outstanding at year's end...which is when you want to be outstanding.

I was really proud of the team. They bounced back in great fashion. It would have been easy to hang their heads the way the game ended last week and started this week, but they didn't quit. A sign of a true champion. I feel like they grew up a lot in the game. You could see them gain confidence and get better each play. They found some leaders in #9 and the QB...#10 played well at FB and Tobias had help from the other HBs. The D was lights out in the 2nd half except for the one long pass play, but they cleaned that up nicely with that goal line stand. And I cannot overstate enough the size difference between HC and THS. HC was significantly bigger than THS and tried to push THS around. They were successful at times, but when it was needed THS was better than HC's size and athleticism. I said it after the RM loss and I will say it here...I don't think THS will lose another game. If they continue to show the week to week improvement, they will be outstanding at year's end...which is when you want to be outstanding.
I agree with all that you said. This team grew a lot in this game. My only concern defensively is we seem more susceptible than in years past for allowing teams to run the ball on us. I also agree Tarboro SHOULDN'T lose again never sleep on our rival SWE though especially when we play at their place.

Reactions: UNC91 and vikewuf1
I was impressed with how we battled the whole game.

I think going forward Tarboro has to find a way to get #10 to the outside. I know injuries are causing him to have to be the fullback but he’s to dynamic of a runner to only get carries running straight buck.

I agree with all that you said. This team grew a lot in this game. My only concern defensively is we seem more susceptible than in years past for allowing teams to run the ball on us. I also agree Tarboro SHOULDN'T lose again never sleep on our rival SWE though especially when we play at their place.
Shucks. Don't worry about the game against us. We'll probably get shut out by you guys again. We don't have the personnel for the kind of offense this coach is trying to install over here, and our defense is a joke. We're gonna get curb stomped by Hunt this week, and will have nothing to offer Tarboro the next week. You'll be fine.

Reactions: UNC91
Shucks. Don't worry about the game against us. We'll probably get shut out by you guys again. We don't have the personnel for the kind of offense this coach is trying to install over here, and our defense is a joke. We're gonna get curb stomped by Hunt this week, and will have nothing to offer Tarboro the next week. You'll be fine.
It is a rivalry game I always take southwest seriously lol. Throw records out the window when they meet each other. I just hope the game has the atmosphere a Tarboro Southwest game usually does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT