ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro Vs East Surry

Crazy how ineffective ES was after Qb#7 went out. It changed everything for East Surry. But no matter ES still had no chance when 2nd half was underway.

Tarboro woke up after halftime, way too much speed. dablueprint and rest ya'll say from the west can say what you want to make ya selves feel better, but East Surry was definitely not the best team Tarboro played.

I give East credit though, they was better than I thought on offense, #12 can ball.
I think Tarboro was awake. They just had to take East Surry’s best shot. And they made some halftime adjustments and the Cardinals never had an answer for the T.

Reactions: bless_em
Tarboro is special. East Surry played a good half..but once Tarboro got rolling they were certainly unstoppable..it doesn't matter whether East Surry was the best team that Tarboro has faced..they were certainly top 1 or 2...but in the end Tarboro beat them handily as they have everyone else they've played.

Reactions: NWWatchdog
it doesn't matter whether East Surry was the best team that Tarboro has faced..they were certainly top 1 or 2...but in the end Tarboro beat them handily as they have everyone else they've played.
It matters because East Surry fans saying all week they the best Tarboro has seen. They were 3rd, SWE was way better and N Stanley was better.

Reactions: 1800BloccBoi
Its matter of opinion bless_em...you nor i are playing on the field..so what you're sayin does nothing to change my opinion.

After holding ES to 4 and 1 on the first drive of the game, Tarboro sent 12 men on the field for the punt and got a substitution penalty. Instead of 3 & out, the Cards got to continue the drive and they took 6 minutes off the clock. Tarboro kept lining up offside and giving ES 1st and 5. It’s not difficult to see how they were successful.

Reactions: bless_em
East Surry had some talent - but you could tell after the 1st half adrenaline wore off they didn’t want to get hit anymore.

They have a lot of juniors so you’ll have to assume they’ll be in the mix again next year.

As for Tarboro: they’re losing a lot of seniors but the Juniors this year haven’t lost since the first game of their 7th grade year I believe. So with that being said - the expectation will be to win again.

Easts best offense was tarlboro lining up offsides. After the tightening up that adjustment at halftime, tarlboro rolled as expected.

It wasn't a 40 pt difference..let's not get carried away. It however changed the complexity of the game offensively a lil bit..however defensively East Surry couldn't stop anything Tarrboro was doing whether #7 played or not.

Murphy is no where near Tarboro skill wise. Murphy is a good small 1a team though. State Champs.

Crazy how ineffective ES was after Qb#7 went out. It changed everything for East Surry. But no matter ES still had no chance when 2nd half was underway.
#7 was injured on an interception that became the fake punt TD. It was 36-10 once his absence was felt. I think it’s safe to say they were ineffective the entire 3rd quarter with him. Hate to see the kid get hurt, but I was glad to see he got the offensive player award for his team.

Congrats to Tarboro on a tremendous season and back-to-back State titles. No doubt they were the better team tonight. ES held their own in the first half but Tarboro had too much speed and wore the Cards down in the 2nd half.

#7 was injured on an interception that became the fake punt TD. It was 36-10 once his absence was felt. I think it’s safe to say they were ineffective the entire 3rd quarter with him. Hate to see the kid get hurt, but I was glad to see he got the offensive player award for his team.
29-10 when the injury occurred (which then led to the fake punt TD). Cards still wouldn’t have won at that point with no injury, but they were finally starting to put a couple of things together offensively. ES could have possibly sustained some drives (even if they didn’t score), which would have mitigated the Tarboro scoring a little. The margin of defeat would have been smaller (1-2 scores) but the result would have been the same. The Vikings were just too much for the Cards, plain and simple. Too strong up front and too much speed, especially when they hit the edge. The better team won, no doubt.

One player in 1A ball does make a difference it's what MA fans have got ridiculed about since ES game when our best player was out and 2nd best could hardly walk. Both played D also Wich made biggest difference. One player does make a difference especially 2.......but I don't expect ES to get that. 50-10!!

Let’s not get this wrong , I have a lot of respect for Murphy , coaches , kids and tradition. But to come on here and say how Murphy beat the brakes off of East Surry last year is classless. Every thread doesn’t have to have a talk about how special the smc is. Be satisfied with your 1a title, if you were playing up you wouldn’t have a title to be talking about, just like last year and every other year you move up to 1aa. This cards squad is extremely young, they done there job for a half, unfortunately things didn’t work out for them in the second. Injuries happen , Without Boaz at the helm they are a different team, just like all 1a teams without a player or two, it’s the reality of 1a football for most , hopefully a learning experience for the cards as it was for the bears a couple weeks ago. We all here from the northwest 1a were rooting for them.

Smc beats a dead horse to death!!! We get it. It's a good conference. Can't win big 1aa these days..but definitely pile up the small 1a trophies. Honestly, that's a great accomplishment too. Tired of hearing it. The SMC is Murphy then everybody else. It's really not that special anymore. History has it's place. You dont have to live it in every post.

One player in 1A ball does make a difference it's what MA fans have got ridiculed about since ES game when our best player was out and 2nd best could hardly walk. Both played D also Wich made biggest difference. One player does make a difference especially 2.......but I don't expect ES to get that. 50-10!!
Most rational fans acknowledge that the loss of a key player can make a big difference. Several posters on both sides let the rivalry get to them. I think the sticking point that everyone got riled up over was whether one player made a 40 point difference. Losing Boaz limited what ES could do offensively, especially against a team as talented as Tarboro...but his departure wasn’t 40pts worth. The same was true 2 weeks ago as well. In the end, it is what it is. ES and MA both had tremendous seasons, 1 conference champion and 1 Western Regional champion. Congrats to both squads on their successes and representing the NW1A well this season! Can’t wait to see if these 2 can duplicate their success again in 2019.

Most rational fans acknowledge that the loss of a key player can make a big difference. Several posters on both sides let the rivalry get to them. I think the sticking point that everyone got riled up over was whether one player made a 40 point difference. Losing Boaz limited what ES could do offensively, especially against a team as talented as Tarboro...but his departure wasn’t 40pts worth. The same was true 2 weeks ago as well. In the end, it is what it is. ES and MA both had tremendous seasons, 1 conference champion and 1 Western Regional champion. Congrats to both squads on their successes and representing the NW1A well this season! Can’t wait to see if these 2 can duplicate their success again in 2019.
The first offensive play he missed after the injury, ES was down 36-10. Definitely didn’t make a 40 point difference. He was healthy for three quarters and the offense only contributed 3 points.

East got beat by a powerhouse ,no doubt,but MA fans on here trying to make East sound awful,guess MA is even worse sitting back home on their stupid assLOL .East drills your beloved bears again next year .

East just played their biggest game in school history and all they want to do is bring MA into it. Congratulations on making to the championship.

Congrats to the Vikings!

ES has some quality players on that team that play real hard. Most look to be Jr’s. Y’all have a real chance next year for a ship. Congrats on a great year!

Reactions: sbbbfan and gdawg74
East just played their biggest game in school history and all they want to do is bring MA into it. Congratulations on making to the championship.
You may want to recheck the origins of the MA discussion within this thread to get your facts straight. Buzz interjected MA into the discussion multiple times in the beginning posts within the thread. Of course, some of the ES trolls couldn’t let it go so they took it and ran with it, bringing up the pissing contest again about injuries, 40-0, etc. They should have ignored it and focused on Tarboro - they didn’t. The discussion finally got back to ES/Tarboro and remained as such during the game and afterwards last night. This morning, MA was interjected into the discussion again by a MA poster. If you really go back and look at the previous posts, your updated comment should more accurately read “East just played their biggest game in school history and MA still wants to bring themselves into the discussion.” Let’s just all be mature enough to end the pointless discussion because it doesn’t and won’t change the outcomes.

Congrats to MA on the 2018 NW1A Conference Championship!

Congrats to ES on the 2018 1AA Western Regional Championship and State Runner up finish!

Congrats to Tarboro on back-to-back dominant, undefeated seasons and back-to-back 1AA State Championships!

Everyone have a safe offseason. On to basketball season for 2018-2019. See everyone back here in the summer to resume 2019 pre-season fun.

Reactions: FormerSC Stud
Murphy beat East Surry so bad last year in the third round that there was a running clock, but yeah, both teams would beat Murphy. :rolleyes: Murphy would wear ES out (again) and would give Tarboro all they want too.

Did you get dropped on your head when you were a baby or do you just hate Murphy THAT much? Just because you hate them doesn’t mean everyone can beat them. Sorry to burst your bubble.

This is why people don't take Murphy serious. Who have they played this year that's even remotely close to the town of Tarboro? Everyone knows that Tarboro would beat Murphy by 50 + any day. The one-time Murphy did play in 1AA they couldn't even get outcouldn't even get out of the 3rd rd. Tarboro is an elite 1A team period Murphy is an elite small 1A team and that's it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT