ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro Vs East Surry

Tarboro couldn’t compete for the 2A Title much less win it, quit thinking you’re a breeding ground for D1 athletes and understand you only beat NS by 21 that had unforced turnovers, bad play calls and undisciplined players...and NS is a barely above average 1A Team, thinking you guys could compete for 2/3/4A State titles this year is NON SENSE

In fact, Tarboro won several 2A state titles in the past. Heck! Tarboro went 5 straight 2A State championship games from 2008 to 2012 and won three of them. I would say Tarboro can compete and even win in 2A and 2AA football this year. They beat very solid Southwest Edgecombe team this year that went to quarterfinal in 2A playoff.

OK FOLKS lets all take a deep breath and start this thread over with each of us showing more class. It will be a good game between Tarboro and East Surry with my pick to win being Tarboro! Said with respect and class

Reactions: Champ_24
Hey east Surry beat ma 40-0 in 2nd game with ma best player not playing and starting rb could hardly walk. Stop bragging about it . You won leave it alone.

Toughest team Tarboro has seen all year,East wins by two td’s.
I know I don’t have a dog in this hunt and people may think I’m a idiot but Tarboro will win by 35 this year and next and we we will see the same thing next year on how great the west is how nobody in the east plays nobody and they will have top 15 full of West teams and 3 or 4 east teams but when dust settles east is will be on top so y’all can keep reminiscing about what happened 10-15-20 years ago

Reactions: Mhsneer
How in the hell.do you ES guys talk shit about ma fans. We don't talk shit about other teams kids /players. Y'all should be ashamed. And ESOD are.you not a.coach on the ES Team? Guys y'all have pissed of and gave bullintin board.material to an already beast of a team. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not a coach idk where you got this false info from but it’s far from the truth

Tarboro is in for a game ,people can brag just like us Card fans do,but this will be a hell of a game ,if East is clicking lookout ,the Giant May fall .

Throw the stats out the window ,they both want it bad . Tarboro has had some big wins ,but East is a different animal ,people this Will be biggest challenge for Tarboro this year.Cards will win.

Throw the stats out the window ,they both want it bad . Tarboro has had some big wins ,but East is a different animal ,people this Will be biggest challenge for Tarboro this year.Cards will win.
Let me respectfully remedy you. Tarboro has been here before for a reason. Its ok to root for your team got no problem with that as you should but to treat Tarboro like they cant handle East Surry is a major failure on your part. You go on and on about this will be Tarboros biggest test well guess what it should be its the state championship. With that said it will most certainly be East Surrys biggest game ever PERIOD! Im sure you dont speak for the rest of the fans and program so ill chaulk this up as in you just not knowing any better. Tarboro has their stripes of wins and loses in state titles and this is East Surrys first trip ever sets up for an amazing game. Remember yall were blown out by Murphy last year so lets tone down the ego.

East has not beaten a quality team all year and now expects to beat the best in the state.

Tarboro's biggest test was 2 weeks ago North Stanly. I'm expecting a Tarboro 48-6 type win

Reactions: KW23
East Surry held to 19 points by 2a west stokes
Held to 21 points by 4a ragsdale
Held to 28 points by Mt Airy
3 Losses which could have went either way ,hardly believe this team gets held to 6 points ,this team has improved tremendously ,they do lose focus on defense sometimes ,but offensively they are a powerhouse ,I’ll definitely eat crow ,if that does happen ,but this team will earn more respect than you may think .

Tarboro I know is battle tested ,and yes they are very respected ,but trust me ,this is a mostly junior class team with a few seniors and freshmen ,they are very good .

Would have really like to have seen East 2015 team go to state,thought they lost focus against a walkertown team they had already beaten.That shoulda been East Surry first state title ! This team is still young ,this game they really need win or lose ,but getting blown out ,they will not.

Our local school plays East Surry every year nonconference. They have always showed class and play hard win or lose. It makes me wonder if some of these new posters are actually cardinal fans. Red bird is yanking some chains. Hope for a good game and East Surry bring it back to Pilot.

Reactions: NWWatchdog
Obviously a MA Charter fan stirring up trouble. No East Surry fan has ever behaved in this manner. Maybe it's the ghost of Ol' Rich. Whoever it is they should go away.

I can tell you Georgia tech ran a ball control offense. So did army. In high school the T or Wing T is very effective. I think you’ll see how effective Saturday. Colleges would still run offenses like this and the wishbone if kids would buy in. Really the modern spread and read and react are all derivatives of option offenses. Murphy runs a version of the wing T they win a few games. These offenses give smaller teams the ability to block larger teams and get their playmakers out in space. Some of the misdirection is really cool to watch. Mitchell ran the wing-t verses east Surry in 2015. So you’ve seen that version this version is more power running.

As most posters know I’m a Mount Airy fan.
And I’ll more than likely take some grief over this, but here goes.
The only way this game would be close is to add the Northwest all conference team to play Tarboro.
Best of luck East Surry.
But if the only way you’ve seen Tarboro play was on tape or TV, You’re in for a big surprise.
To talk trash about there offense is foolish, Beat there offense then you can talk all you want.
East all you have to do is prove me wrong. I’ll be here waiting to reply.

I highly doubt some of these new “East Surry” posters are actual East Surry fans. Everyone in Pilot Mtn. knows how hard of a test it will be to pass on Saturday against Tarboro. Most fans are just hoping it stays close. East Surry is very good, but Tarboro is another level and everyone in Pilot Mtn. knows this.

As for buzzcoach, please move on to basketball season. I know you played for East Surry at one point, as did your brother and you probably hold a grudge against ES for a few different reasons, but move on. You don’t have to come sit behind home plate either when ES makes their deep playoff run in baseball this season like you always do as well.

I’ve watched these boards and followed/pulled for the teams of the NW1A and MVC for almost 15 years. Several of these posters are brand new and do not speak on behalf of most of the people I know from East Surry (example - Redbirdfan1). Most folks know how dominant Tarboro has been this year (as well as in the past) and that it will be a David v. Goliath matchup on Saturday. I think the Cards will surprise a few folks and keep it closer than expected, but Tarboro will pull away and win as expected. Hoping to see a great game. MA was supposed to get blown out last year and they kept it really close up until midway through the 4th qtr. Only 3 more days and we will get to find out.

I’ve watched these boards and followed/pulled for the teams of the NW1A and MVC for almost 15 years. Several of these posters are brand new and do not speak on behalf of most of the people I know from East Surry (example - Redbirdfan1). Most folks know how dominant Tarboro has been this year (as well as in the past) and that it will be a David v. Goliath matchup on Saturday. I think the Cards will surprise a few folks and keep it closer than expected, but Tarboro will pull away and win as expected. Hoping to see a great game. MA was supposed to get blown out last year and they kept it really close up until midway through the 4th qtr. Only 3 more days and we will get to find out.

Thank you for that thoughtful assessment...very refreshing.

Lol yeah we felt the wrath of that 2008 Red Devil team.

Tarboro can compete with anyone. I don’t know if they could beat teams like Wake Forest, Charlotte Catholic, Mallard Creek, East Forsyth, Vance, Hough but they would be competitive.

No, they would get beat down. They can’t pass. Let’s not go overboard lol. They would have trouble winning the 2A/2AA. Remember what Rose Hill was doing to them lol just a few seasons ago

No, they would get beat down. They can’t pass. Let’s not go overboard lol. They would have trouble winning the 2A/2AA. Remember what Rose Hill was doing to them lol just a few seasons ago
I don't think any thoughtful Tarboro fan is under the illusion that we would win games against the largest schools in the state. A lot of people look at the scores every week and just assume the Vikings could beat anyone. I shudder to think what the scores would look like if you gave CC or WF our schedule. This discussion of how competitive Tarboro would be at higher levels is premature at best because until Saturday is over, we still have business pending within our own classification. It's also irrelevant. Unless they find 300-500 additional students hiding out in a closet somewhere, we aren't going to playing the best that those levels have to offer anyway.

Since you bring up Wallace-Rose Hill, that has been the biggest disappointment of the last realignment. It would be nice if we could get those guys on the field again because Duplin County was such a monkey on our back the first 4 years in 1A. But the 2017 realignment pretty much ended any thought of that happening. If WRH was still in 1A, this discussion of "compete with anyone" probably wouldn't be as prevalent as it is this year. The only team you can compete with are the ones on the field in front of you. Saturday is the end of the road this year. There is no more football to discuss after that. Only posing and pining for 2019.

Tarboro should schedule a couple bigger schools preseason that are good and see how they stack up.

Tarboro should schedule a couple bigger schools preseason that are good and see how they stack up.
There are 4 teams we have scheduled for years non-conference.
Northern Nash 3A
SW Edgecombe 2A
Washington 2A
North Edgecombe 1A

Other non-conference opponents have been Southern Nash 3A, Plymouth (Washington Co.) 1A, Nash Central 2A, Roanoke Rapids 2A and Franklinton 3A. We used to play Rocky Mount when I was in school, so its cool to get them back on the schedule and they usually have strong teams.

They played Mount Airy twice so I think they played “somebody”.

I would probably leave skin color out of the discussion.

Reactions: TarVikes
East Surry is a bunch of slow white guys who have played absolutely nobody all year LOL We have played at least 3 teams already that is better than this. Tarboro will win by as many as Craddock allows...
What a joke

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT