ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro Vs East Surry

They kids, made a mistake. The judicial system already played out, so you haters need to move on, it's over and done with.

Wouldn't matter anyway as it concerns this game. You take those young men off the field for Tarboro and it's still the same beatdown for East Surry this weekend.

Last edited:
Much respect for Coach Lowman. He's obviously done a great job in his first year at East Surry. I'm also impressed with the playoff beard he is rockin' too.

They kids, made a mistake. The judicial system already played out, so you haters need to move on, it's over and done with.

Wouldn't matter anyway as it concerns this game. You take those young men off the field for Tarboro and it's still the same beatdown for you SLOW azz hillbillies from East Surry this weekend.
Calling us slow ass hillbillies when y’all still run an offense from the 20’s

Tarboro team looks like most of them are in their 20’s ,b and e charges ,that’s real class ,coach shouldn’t allow a kid on the team ,does that coaching staff want to win that bad .We should be teaching these kids respect ,and everyday life ,sounds like Tarboro only gives a dam about football period !
With all do respect sir until you are law enforcement and are sitting with a law degree I think its best to remain quiet on the issue which has been resolved legally. Let me say this clearly so you will understand me. Tarboro can win without those two just so that you are aware they won their first 4 games against 3A and 2A schools without them. If you are the type to wanna insult a more than respectable program such as Tarboro then sir you have no credibility yourself. Win or lose Tarboro will shake hands after the game but I wouldnt keep being disrespectful. Keep it classy if you can!

Reactions: bless_em
With all do respect sir until you are law enforcement and are sitting with a law degree I think its best to remain quiet on the issue which has been resolved legally. Let me say this clearly so you will understand me. Tarboro can win without those two just so that you are aware they won their first 4 games against 3A and 2A schools without them. If you are the type to wanna insult a more than respectable program such as Tarboro then sir you have no credibility yourself. Win or lose Tarboro will shake hands after the game but I wouldnt keep being disrespectful. Keep it classy if you can!
Nobody said they wouldn’t win without those players just puts a ? On the integrity of the program to let felons play that’s all

Tarboro can run what they want with the athletes they got. They just have that system in place for years and thats what these kids grow up in. You dont fix what isnt broke.

Thats the difference, East could have McVay and Belicheck on the sidelines runnin any scheme you want and you would still lose because you cant match up athletically with the Vikings at all.

Last edited:
Tarboro can run what they want with the athletes they got. They just have that system in place for years and thats what these kids grow up in. You dont fix what isnt broke.

Thats the difference East could have McVay and Belicheck on the sidelines runnin the most modern schemes in the game and you would still lose because you cant match up athletically with the Vikings at all.
Okay now you’ve lost your mind Mcvay and Belicheck would pick that defense flat apart

Okay now you’ve lost your mind Mcvay and Belicheck would pick that defense flat apart
Yeah except they work with athletes, not players that look like they runnin with concrete in they shoes.

This one gonna be like prime Tyson fighting some bum off the streets. Only thing that can save you is that 40 pt mercy rule.

Enjoy the show, Vikings about to bless em.

Reactions: Mhsneer
What happened to the kid that is hell of a big defensive player that was suspended for a year at MA so he transfered.to Easy Surry and plays....is dam good player.

This line of discussion will stop. I do not want to lock a thread about a state championship game, but the direction it is going will not be allowed.

Some of you just showed up here and have brought nothing to the site. You can be banned.

This is 2 very good teams playing and you should be proud of your teams and their communities.

How in the hell.do you ES guys talk shit about ma fans. We don't talk shit about other teams kids /players. Y'all should be ashamed. And ESOD are.you not a.coach on the ES Team? Guys y'all have pissed of and gave bullintin board.material to an already beast of a team. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: sway1532
Tarboro, I graduated from East Surry, will not be pulling for them. Hoping Tarboro routs them. They have always had superior attitude. They forget these are young people. They deserve a second chance. Hopefully learned from mistake. With this being said Hope Tarboro 50 East Surry 0!

Tarboro couldn’t compete for the 2A Title much less win it, quit thinking you’re a breeding ground for D1 athletes and understand you only beat NS by 21 that had unforced turnovers, bad play calls and undisciplined players...and NS is a barely above average 1A Team, thinking you guys could compete for 2/3/4A State titles this year is NON SENSE

How in the hell.do you ES guys talk shit about ma fans. We don't talk shit about other teams kids /players. Y'all should be ashamed. And ESOD are.you not a.coach on the ES Team? Guys y'all have pissed of and gave bullintin board.material to an already beast of a team. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!
Buzz I’ll go out on the limb and say MA’s 3-4 best athletes are just as good or better than Tarboro’s better athletes...Tarboro’s line on both sides of the ball is much bigger. For the Tarboro posters just understand ES beat MA 40–0 with the same level athletes as you guys. Thinking ES will lose this week and there will be a running clock because of OL/DL play you guys are in for quite a surprise!!

Buzz I’ll go out on the limb and say MA’s 3-4 best athletes are just as good or better than Tarboro’s better athletes...Tarboro’s line on both sides of the ball is much bigger. For the Tarboro posters just understand ES beat MA 40–0 with the same level athletes as you guys. Thinking ES will lose this week and there will be a running clock because of OL/DL play you guys are in for quite a surprise!!
lol. Your bunch need to learn that having a couple athletes at the skill positions dont mean you have speed. MA team speed last year was not impressive at all, Tarboro much faster as a team.

I give MA respect though, they gave Tarboro a decent game for a while and had 2-3 good skill people. East will give Tarboro nothing but an easy W for the Vikings.

Last edited:
lol. You hillibillies need to learn that having a couple skill athletes dont mean you have speed. MA team speed last year was not impressive at all, Tarboro much faster as a team.

I give MA respect though, they gave Tarboro a game for a while and had 2-3 good skill people. East will give Tarboro nothing but an easy game for the Vikings.
You’re a funny guy. We’ll see whose laughing when all that speed is walking to the end zone watching ES kick PAT after PAT. Because Tarboro’s secondary isn’t half as skilled as last years.

Wake Forest which is a 4AA school that won last two years state titles use variation of Wing T offense. As long as the team has very tough defense, Wing T or Straight T offense is hard to stop and very time consuming . WF beat Mallard Creek 20-0 and beat Page year before 29-0. All Tarboro has to do is hold East Surry offense down by having a stout defense and time consuming offense. Tarboro has been 7 of last 11 years in state title games. I would say their philosophy is doing quite well. I had seen Tarboro with Gurley on the team and Lincolnton had a great team!! They could not stop that offense at all.

Yikes. Hate to say it but some of the East Surry fans are sounding like Mount airy fans at this point. Be humble. Leave the kids out of it and enjoy the fact you made it to the State Championship. Good luck to both schools. Will be pulling for East but unfortunately believe Tarboro will be a bit too much. Next year will be a more evenly matched ball game.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Wake Forest which is a 4AA school that won last two years state titles use variation of Wing T offense. As long as the team has very tough defense, Wing T or Straight T offense is hard to stop and very time consuming . WF beat Mallard Creek 20-0 and beat Page year before 29-0. All Tarboro has to do is hold East Surry offense down by having a stout defense and time consuming offense. Tarboro has been 7 of last 11 years in state title games. I would say their philosophy is doing quite well. I had seen Tarboro with Gurley on the team and Lincolnton had a great team!! They could not stop that offense at all.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Any team that runs this kind of offense needs a superior defense. When you spend that much time on the ground game, you can't be playing from behind. So much focus is placed on the offense, but the reason Tarboro has been this successful over the last decade is suffocating, relentless defense. If anyone has a shot, its a team with a passing game. So East Surry has a punchers chance at least. I know for certain that the Vikings are going into Saturday preparing for a tough game.

I don’t watch much football so could you tell me how many of the recent Super Bowl Champions in the NFL or the last National Champions in college use the Wing T as there primary offense???

Tarboro couldn’t compete for the 2A Title much less win it, quit thinking you’re a breeding ground for D1 athletes and understand you only beat NS by 21 that had unforced turnovers, bad play calls and undisciplined players...and NS is a barely above average 1A Team, thinking you guys could compete for 2/3/4A State titles this year is NON SENSE
Im sorry how many state titles has East Surry won in 2A vs Tarboro? Go ahead ill wait

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I don’t watch much football so could you tell me how many of the recent Super Bowl Champions in the NFL or the last National Champions in college use the Wing T as there primary offense???

It doesn't matter if college or pro football use it or not (they don't). A lot of high schools across the United States still uses it today for simple reason, it does work if they execute it correctly. In fact, Tarboro (Straight T) Wake Forest (Wing T) and Charlotte Catholic (Double Wing T I think) uses it today and they all won state titles last year. It is pretty smart on the coaches part since not many teams see it during the season therefore it is hard to prepare for it.

The reason why they don't uses it in division I college and pro football is due to better athletes. They are huge and very quick. I remember that Oklahoma were very strong in 70's and 80's using wishbone then Miami came along and beat them handily. Miami U change everything .....What they did is move safeties to linebacker (told the players to gain some weight but kept the speed) and also move linebacker to defense lineman and ends with same idea. It worked.

As long as high school football is here, you will see variations of T offense (Single Wing, Double Wing, Wing T and Straight T) in HS football. Forget college and pro football, this is HIGH SCHOOL football!!

Reactions: jsc1973
Doesnt matter what Tarboro runs what matters is can you stop it and the same works for East Surry Tarboro has to try and stop them as well

It doesn't matter if college or pro football use it or not (they don't). A lot of high schools across the United States still uses it today for simple reason, it does work if they execute it correctly. In fact, Tarboro (Straight T) Wake Forest (Wing T) and Charlotte Catholic (Double Wing T I think) uses it today and they all won state titles last year. It is pretty smart on the coaches part since not many teams see it during the season therefore it is hard to prepare for it.

The reason why they don't uses it in division I college and pro football is due to better athletes. They are huge and very quick. I remember that Oklahoma were very strong in 70's and 80's using wishbone then Miami came along and beat them handily. Miami U change everything .....What they did is move safeties to linebacker (told the players to gain some weight but kept the speed) and also move linebacker to defense lineman and ends with same idea. It worked.

As long as high school football is here, you will see variations of T offense (Single Wing, Double Wing, Wing T and Straight T) in HS football. Forget college and pro football, this is HIGH SCHOOL football!!
You makes some valid points but football trends in the way the higher levels play the game, HS just trends a little slower so before long that eye sore of an offense will be gone and unsuccessful.

You makes some valid points but football trends in the way the higher levels play the game, HS just trends a little slower so before long that eye sore of an offense will be gone and unsuccessful.
It’s only an eye sore to people who can’t stop it.

Yikes. Hate to say it but some of the East Surry fans are sounding like Mount airy fans at this point. Be humble. Leave the kids out of it and enjoy the fact you made it to the State Championship. Good luck to both schools. Will be pulling for East but unfortunately believe Tarboro will be a bit too much. Next year will be a more evenly matched ball game.

Based on the posting style and 2nd grade grammar level, it’s almost like MA posters made new accounts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT