ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro Vs East Surry

How is Tarboro’s pass defense? I know all about the Vikings’ offense.

Love East Surry's program and their fans are first class. Play hard Cardinals... Not sure that many schools lower than 4A have anything for Tarboro. And they would give either 4A or 4AA a damn good game. Enjoy the atmosphere, the game and fact that only one other team in 1AA is still playing next weekend. That's all I can offer.

Who knows.....East Surry may be the most complete team top to bottom that Tarboro has faced. With that being said, East Surry still does not have the horsepower to match athlete for athlete with Tarboro. My prediction Vikings 39 Cardinals 7.

Reactions: 1SWO1
Their pass defense is the best its been in a long time. North Stanly can attest to that
North Stanly didn't have a passing game. All of their success passing during the season was because of their running backs and play action. Tarboro shut their running game down and forced them into a passing game. They were 5 for 11 for 15 yards and 2 ints. If you look back at my posts I called this from the start. I saw the NS qb throw a pick against a terrible AHS team. Everyone says that NS QB has an offer from Catawba....lol. Not sure what kind of offer but he isn't a D2 qb. He is just another NS RECRUIT trying to get a piece of a winning program. SAD.

ES is probably a better disciplined team than NS. But Tarboro is the early 2000s Albemarle/T-Ville...aint no stopping them.

Tar 50 ES 19

Deadpool your smoking crack if you think tarboro is beating 4AA OR 4A best team.lets be realistic here.don't think tarboro would even beat Shelby in 2a.

Have you seen them play? I don't think you have. They have played in 7 of 11 State Championships the last 11 years. Last year was their first at the 1AA level. Do the math.

Have you seen them play? I don't think you have. They have played in 7 of 11 State Championships the last 11 years. Last year was their first at the 1AA level. Do the math.
Yeah people forget we went to 5 straight 2A championships from 08-12 so it’s always funny when people make it seem like we couldn’t compete in 2A. I could also make a strong case that the teams from last year and this year are better than any of those teams.

Also I don’t like to score compare but Northeastern, who is playing in the 2A title game struggled against the team Tarboro just beat 48-7. Not bringing that up to prove how good Tarboro is - I just think it shows that there are talented teams in the 1A level.

Reactions: AcesWild2323
Some of those on the "upper" boards seem to think it's the save all end all when you have a 4 attached to your name. You play 11 at a time. I'll put Tarboro's 11 against any 11 in the state. Now, when you talk about depth, that's where the difference comes into play. When you can go 2-3 deep or not have to two platoon that is where the difference is. Some of the "experts" on this and other sites simply can't grasp that concept. Most 1A/AA have two way players at several positions. That's what happened to West Montgomery this year. We had 7 or 8 kids that played entire games with exceptions of a few that didn't on special teams. It's a numbers game. Put a 25 man roster together across the state and Tarboro is top 3.

In the next re alignment— if Reidsville and Wallace come down along with Tarboro it’s gonna raise the bar in 1a football very high!! For the perineal 1a powers they are gonna have to really step up there games. We’ve seen a the smc teams step up to the plate with smash mouth football and compete up a level here and there, but if you ain’t got depth at positions then you will get left behind. It happened to my Bears in the title game last year when they got wore down in the 4th and it showed bad this year when they were down just 2 players and got the brakes beat off of them by east Surry and east Surry was similarly talented at all positions as the bears. so if two players are affecting your team to the extent that It affected the Bears then it tells me you aren’t deep enuff to compete at the level that 1a football is evolving to. In a tradition laden school like mt airy and only fielding 30 to 32 players it isn’t gonna cut it against tarboro who’s bringing a quality 60 to 65 players on Friday nights. Last year it look like a David vs Goliath type scenario out of the locker room. Take for granted the bears were as well coached, prepared and fundamentally sound as a team could be , but you can’t expect 11 kids to play 4 quarters against a team that platoons players in and out all game with the fresh kid being as good as the kid that’s walking off. That’s to much and to physical. As a coach, those hallways are gonna have to be buzzing, gonna have to be hustling the off season to turn kids out . The days of 30 -32 players and players playing both ways are over. It’s a hard lesson , but a lesson learned. If you want to play for more than the third round then it’s got to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolf4Lyfe
Sounds to me like we need to align teams ,according to team size not school ,lol! Guess East Surry and Mount Airy would probably beat Tarboros ass ,if they had team size like we do ,or at least it would be competitive .

Who knows maybe East or MA. Will put together a team like 2008 Bears ,then we could see how Tarboro takes an ass beating! That team was loaded!

Who knows maybe East or MA. Will put together a team like 2008 Bears ,then we could see how Tarboro takes an ass beating! That team was loaded!
Tarboro has taken their share of butt-whoopings. In 2008 Newton Conover beat us pretty good in the State Championship game.

Lol yeah we felt the wrath of that 2008 Red Devil team.

Tarboro can compete with anyone. I don’t know if they could beat teams like Wake Forest, Charlotte Catholic, Mallard Creek, East Forsyth, Vance, Hough but they would be competitive.

In the next re alignment— if Reidsville and Wallace come down along with Tarboro it’s gonna raise the bar in 1a football very high!! For the perineal 1a powers they are gonna have to really step up there games. We’ve seen a the smc teams step up to the plate with smash mouth football and compete up a level here and there, but if you ain’t got depth at positions then you will get left behind. It happened to my Bears in the title game last year when they got wore down in the 4th and it showed bad this year when they were down just 2 players and got the brakes beat off of them by east Surry and east Surry was similarly talented at all positions as the bears. so if two players are affecting your team to the extent that It affected the Bears then it tells me you aren’t deep enuff to compete at the level that 1a football is evolving to. In a tradition laden school like mt airy and only fielding 30 to 32 players it isn’t gonna cut it against tarboro who’s bringing a quality 60 to 65 players on Friday nights. Last year it look like a David vs Goliath type scenario out of the locker room. Take for granted the bears were as well coached, prepared and fundamentally sound as a team could be , but you can’t expect 11 kids to play 4 quarters against a team that platoons players in and out all game with the fresh kid being as good as the kid that’s walking off. That’s to much and to physical. As a coach, those hallways are gonna have to be buzzing, gonna have to be hustling the off season to turn kids out . The days of 30 -32 players and players playing both ways are over. It’s a hard lesson , but a lesson learned. If you want to play for more than the third round then it’s got to happen.

GDawg,

Excellent post.

Lol yeah we felt the wrath of that 2008 Red Devil team.

Tarboro can compete with anyone. I don’t know if they could beat teams like Wake Forest, Charlotte Catholic, Mallard Creek, East Forsyth, Vance, Hough but they would be competitive.
I was a freshman in high school that year and to this day Newton Conover is probably the best high school team I’ve seen.

Tarboro 42 ES 14. However East Surry seems to have found something especially after running wild in Granite City 1 week ago. Score could be a lot closer than the experts think

The big QB from East has caught my attention. He looked like he was dropping dimes the other night against Starmount. He throws a good-looking ball.

Douglas KO ‘d Tyson ,who woulda thought! Don’t be surprised East has a hell of a team ,streaky they are,but if they are clicking will be a tough out for anyone.Know way in hell Starmount shoulda scored a point ,East got Cocky ,but if they grind it out ,they are in this one .Dont forget Tarboro has teenage kids ,just like us .I think if East bust a couple scores on them ,and gets ahead,Tarboro is in trouble .I believe Tarboro was supposed to have been smacked by the giant Wallace rose in a title game ,but ended up champs . ESt has to score first ,Edwards has to gain yards ,Gosnell has to show that speed ,and get open for boaz.Boaz has the biggest arm in 1a period.line has to buy him time.

East passing game is best chance in my opinion!By watching videos, Tarboros running game looks mean.

If Mt Airy woulda had about 6 or 7 of these east players combined with them last year MA would be defending 1aa champs .MA wore down last year ,think honestly it may be East downfall ,hard to play both sides of ball against fresh bodies!

If Mt Airy woulda had about 6 or 7 of these east players combined with them last year MA would be defending 1aa champs .MA wore down last year ,think honestly it may be East downfall ,hard to play both sides of ball against fresh bodies!
If “if” was a 5th of liquor you’d be drunk.

Also most all of Tarboros best players play both ways. It’s not like we run out 11 different guys on offense and defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT