ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro Vs East Surry

This is why people don't take Murphy serious. Who have they played this year that's even remotely close to the town of Tarboro? Everyone knows that Tarboro would beat Murphy by 50 + any day. The one-time Murphy did play in 1AA they couldn't even get outcouldn't even get out of the 3rd rd. Tarboro is an elite 1A team period Murphy is an elite small 1A team and that's it

Except Murphy went to the 4th round in 1aa last season. Please name any 1a or 1aa team who was close to Tarboro this season. I will continue to believe that Murphy was the second best 1a or 1aa team in the state this season. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Except Murphy went to the 4th round in 1aa last season. Please name any 1a or 1aa team who was close to Tarboro this season. I will continue to believe that Murphy was the second best 1a or 1aa team in the state this season. You have your opinion and I have mine.
I believe if North Stanly would’ve had Clark that game would’ve been closer.

Reactions: mbdfan
My top five in 1a & 1aa combined.

1. Tarboro
2. North Stanly
3. Murphy
4. East Surry
5. Edenton

I have not seen all teams so just my opinion what’s y’alls

If i had to rank the teams Tarboro played this year it would be:
1. Southwest Edgecombe
2. North Stanly
3. Edenton-Holmes
4. East Surry
5. Pamlico
6. Riverside
7. Washington
8. Northern Nash
9. South Stanly
10. North Edgecombe
11. South Creek
12. Southside
13. Washington County
14. Northside Pinetown
15. Jones Senior

Not looking to start a war - this is just my opinion.

If i had to rank the teams Tarboro played this year it would be:
1. Southwest Edgecombe
2. North Stanly
3. Edenton-Holmes
4. East Surry
5. Pamlico
6. Riverside
7. Washington
8. Northern Nash
9. South Stanly
10. North Edgecombe
11. South Creek
12. Southside
13. Washington County
14. Northside Pinetown
15. Jones Senior

Not looking to start a war - this is just my opinion.
I saw most of the teams you played in person or on film and I would tend to agree.

Great game Vikings. Proud to support this program. East Surry did their best and I commend them for their efforts. ES has a lot of junior talent. I expect them to be in the mix next year.

See you next August!

Can't argue against a healthy N. Stanley team either. I would rank them:
1. Tarboro

2a. Murphy
2b. N. Stanley

3. E. Holmes
4. ES
5. Mt. Airy
6. Mitchell
7. Robbinsville

Not trying to disrespect Pamlico in any way. They had a wonderful season. Just my opinion these teams are better.

I have been mulling yesterday's game over again in my head. East Surry reminded me a less mouthy Riverside. Neither team had much success stopping Tarboro's offense and both moved the ball some between the 20's, but when the field got short, they could not run or pass against Tarboro. If not for the scoop and score early, the games were nearly carbon copies.

Saying Murphy beat ES last year and turned around and lost to MA and then ES turns around and blanks MA 40-Zip to reach the final...yeah... wasn’t even worth my time...

the score was 14-10 at halftime i haven’t seen any score that was that close at halftime... i feel like a healthy east surry would definitely beat edenton , east surry vs north stanly for second place in 1aa

After East Surrys 3rd possession of the game I’m not sure if they got another first down. They had some talented players, but overall they were slow and not very physical. That’s a bad combination when playing a team like Edenton.

Reactions: bless_em
Saying Murphy beat ES last year and turned around and lost to MA and then ES turns around and blanks MA 40-Zip to reach the final...yeah... wasn’t even worth my time...
Sure just ignore the fact of who Mount Airy was missing this year. Gtfo with that garbage. Go reminisce about the glory days of Albemarle because that’s all you got now.

Reactions: NC nole fan
First of all good game to Tarboro y’all are the real deal. East wasted to many downs running the ball, every time they went to the ground it was negative yards, Tarboro secondary seemed to get lost but pass rush made up for it, east could’ve kept it closer by staying in the air the whole time and never running the ball far too many wasted downs, I don’t think It would’ve changed the outcome but would’ve kept the score much more respectable. Watched all 3 games played at Carter-Finley Saturday and Tarboro would have beat every team there except for Shelby.

My thoughts on the game is this... Tarboro's pass rush and pass defense was really good with INT's and knocking balls down or hitting the receiver as he was catching the ball. East Surry had no rushing game at all with a -4 rushing yards at halftime and 0 rushing for the game. They tried to mix it up to run with Tarboro but failed. While ES showed some flashes here and there they just didnt understand who they were playing. I do believe ES will come out of the West next year with MA and NS losing most of their offensive and defensive weapons. Tarboro will reload again and make another run. I wish we could leave Murphy out of the discussion until they are back in the classification to play these schools but Tarboro is on another level for sure and if there are still doubters you are just fooling yourself!

First of all good game to Tarboro y’all are the real deal. East wasted to many downs running the ball, every time they went to the ground it was negative yards, Tarboro secondary seemed to get lost but pass rush made up for it, east could’ve kept it closer by staying in the air the whole time and never running the ball far too many wasted downs, I don’t think It would’ve changed the outcome but would’ve kept the score much more respectable. Watched all 3 games played at Carter-Finley Saturday and Tarboro would have beat every team there except for Shelby.
ESOD - sounds great to keep throwing because East had some success with it on their first drive - aided by 3 penalties for first downs from Tarboro. But in reality a smart coach knows you can't be a one trick pony against a defense as good as Tarboro. Plus every incomplete pass stops the clock which gives Tarboro even more time to score. Plus the more you throw the more shots your QB takes. Maybe not such a great strategy after all.

i’m very much looking forward to east surry next year ... they bring back their main players for the expection of like #4 the running back unless tarboro has some guys i didn’t see when i watched the jv they won’t be the team they were this year , of course they will be tarboro so you can expect a good team

Vikings will be fine, they grow backs on trees in Edgecombe County. #17 #30, #34 will be ready to step up in the backfield along wit some others. Besides that East Surry had the most trouble wit #12 at QB and he coming back next year. On defense #10, #11, #30, #60 all back.

Last edited:
i agree Tarboros QB could end up a very very special player. Im interested in #78 I think thats the Medford kid that plays on the OL/DL. He was a monster in that championship game. I would not be at all suprised him getting D1,D2,D3 offers even though he is only 6ft i think i read somewhere. In the right system in my opinion is an absolute D1 recruit. Tarboro will lose some great players but from what I have heard the JV is stout and full of talent to so if not 2019 for whatever reason i def see Tarboro there again in 2020. But im not counting them out 2019 until someone beats them in the Regionals.

I appreciate you coming back and taking your lumps, but your assessment of the game is a little rose-colored. ES had 10 completions on 17 attempts in the first half. 2 of 9 attempts in the second half with a sack and an interception. You had a decent first half, but the Cardinals had one first down the whole second half and you got intercepted the next play. They emptied the playbook looking for anything and got nothing. You got pwned in the second half. You can try and convince yourself it would have looked better if the play calling was different, but you are really only kidding yourself. Look forward to you again next year. Maybe you will be a year more mature and bring a better game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT