ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro Jamboree

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
SWE, North Edgecombe, Princton, Farmville Central, Rose, and host Tarboro put on a good showing tonight at the Tarboro Jamboree. All teams showed flashes that would make any coach optimistic, but I think it was my Cougars that stood out the most. We greatly improved from Wednesday's scrimmage at Greene Central on the defensive side of the ball, and the offense looked as potent as ever. Also looking better was JH Rose, who looked awful at the Greene Central scrimmage as the only 4A team there. Once again the only 4A team in attendance, they lived up to their reputation as one of the top teams in the east. Princeton, on the other hand, a dominant 1A team as of late, did not impress. Their O-line was porous and allowed defenders in the backfield all night. They have a huge RB, but there wasn't much he could do. North Edgecombe's defense held its own against the larger competition all night, but their offense struggled. Tarboro looked...ok. I know it was just practice, but if tonight's action was any indication of what their team will be, then they will not be a juggernaut this year. They will still breeze thru their conference, but they will struggle in their early games. Farmville Central has a huge O-line and will have their way with most teams. The Jaguars weren't great, but they weren't bad by any means either. My own Cougars started out by scoring on the very first play and then held Princeton to 0 first downs in shutting them out 2 tds to 0, got by North Edgecombe 2-1, allowed Rose to score on their first play, only to responded by showing them that we can score on our first play too, in tying them 2-2, and followed that performance with a 1-1 tie against Farmville, for a grand total of 7 touchdowns to 4. I have never been one to say that we will win just because I support the team (I predicted 8-3 last year, getting them all right) but if we get past Holmes in the opener, I can strongly see 11-0. That opener is a doozy though. But you know what???? It's football season!!!! It's finally back! 11-0 or 0-11, this is the best time of the year and it will be fun! Play time is over....it's the real deal now! Good luck.

Im hoping we (Riverside) can fight for conference...Even tho Tarboro has been really good...Im hoping our tall recievers can be major Matchup problems...We have a 6'6 wr (jr), 6'4 wr (sr), and a 6'3 wr (so)....We also have a duel threat QB and A Div1. Lineman thats committed to ECU...

Man that sounds good! This year is a good year to jump on Tarboro, if u can. As long as they have Jeff Craddock as coach, they are never going to be out of it. And I in no way meant to imply that they didn't look good. They just didn't look as good as they have been. But like I said, it was just practice. But I'd be worried about North Edgecombe. They are the fourth smallest school in the state, but it looks like they are coming back to relevancy after several years away. Now THAT'S a team steeped in championship tradition. Worry about them, brother.

Yes sir...NE beat us lastyear 24-14...You have to score everytime you touch the ball against them...Because they hold the ball for a long period of time...You dont get that many chances to have the ball...

Tarboro beat us last year 34-20....But our QB had his best game of his career against them...Throwing for 306 yards through the Air...Our guys was intemidated by Tarboro at first and then at half time we came back out on fire...

Riverside will get there shortly. As long as they have that green Tiger blood in them, no one in williamston should be worried.

I agree...This year is the year...for us to make any noise...We have a soft schedule this year tho...We took off Ayden Griften,Washington,East Carteret....And We added Jones Sr.,Northside Pinetown, and Bertie...

Don't be so down on that schedule. Jones Sr had been pathetic lately but are rebounding strong, and Bertie has state championship pedigree, winning one in 2000 and two in the last 20 years. We have them scheduled this year too, and as former conference members in our 3A days, we won't take them lightly. Don't think that they downgrade your schedule.

We scrimmage Bertie this year and we won 4-1...They couldn't stop the jump ball...they corners was to short...They played cover 3 the whole time...We throw the ball alot...They couldn't stop us at all...Jones Sr. Has 18 kids so hopefully we can wear them down by halftime...We play them Friday...at Home...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT