ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro defense is so legit

Finish Strong2

Oct 23, 2017
Tarboro upended and uprooted the mountain boys this year. All the talking was left on the field as both offenses struggled during the cold snowy game. The Tarboro defense and entire unit is something very special and showed it tonight! No more talk from the mountain boys about Tarboro hasn’t been hit by nobody bc tonight they found out Tarboro is the force to be reckoned with! Let this be the end of it bc Tarboro is legit so thank you and goodnight !!

Nah. These things have a way of sorting themselves out in time. I’m a firm believer in what goes around, comes around. It’s all good.
You're creating a false narrative to justify your saltiness. Nobody has said anything out of line. Tarboro was just simply better this year - get over it. Things could be different next year, but for now, Tarboro is on top.

Reactions: Finish Strong2
Get over it? That’s a good one! Tarboro doesn’t affect me one way or another bud. Murphy has more titles than Tarboro last time I checked. And if you think some of these douche baggy posts by Tarboro fans are fine and not out of line, then I guess we are just wired differently. Tarboro is on top for now, so enjoy, but this season is now officially over. Everyone is 0-0 as of right now.
Congrats to Murphy. They have an impressive program.
I can’t predict how next season will go, but I do know this:
Tarboro will return 37 players from this roster, plus the addition of some young JV players who were undefeated this year.

That was the best defense I've seen a 1A team play in a very long time. I'd have to think about to try to remember the last one I've seen of that quality, and it's 3 a.m. and I just got home a while ago, so I'll save that for another time. LOL

The 03 title team from Elkin's defense was pretty Stellar. Especially for small 1a. I think they would've given anyone in 1aa, including Albemarle a run for their money that year.

The 03 title team from Elkin's defense was pretty Stellar. Especially for small 1a. I think they would've given anyone in 1aa, including Albemarle a run for their money that year.

Albemarle would have slaughtered Elkin...TF gave you guts to make such assumptions lol. I remember Elkin in 2001, they only suited about 20 kids...showed you how watered 1A was at that time lmao!

TarVike, Nole is always a hater, nothing new. These guys can't hide it, ego to large.

I was there , freezing , cold and snotty nose!! That defense was the truth!!! Offense was ok -- BUT THE DEFENSE WAS QUICK ALL OVER / physical as crap. Nasty , down right nasty!!!

Get over it? That’s a good one! Tarboro doesn’t affect me one way or another bud. Murphy has more titles than Tarboro last time I checked. And if you think some of these douche baggy posts by Tarboro fans are fine and not out of line, then I guess we are just wired differently. Tarboro is on top for now, so enjoy, but this season is now officially over. Everyone is 0-0 as of right now.
So calling someone a douchebag is somehow classy? I told them to get over it bc they wanted to use the If, ands and buts still trying to imply Tarboro didn’t earn it. Mt Airy had every right to play for that game just as Tarboro did. Your whole comment about what goes around comes around is tasteless. Tarboro went to the State tilts in 1998 and lost and went again in 2008-2012 losing two of those state titles and winning 3 in a row. They know the feeling of loss on the main stage so don’t undermine their determination with comments like “they ain’t played anybody” or “they ain’t been hit by the mountain boys” and yes Murphy is a good school but to assume they could have beat this years Tarboro team or this past teams that weee dominant in 2A not 1A is about as ludacris as you can get. Mt Airy deserved to be there not Murphy bc Murphy couldn’t beat them to earn the title berth.

I don’t have the exact numbers in front of me right now, but Murphy loses quite a few good players (including their Shrine Bowl QB), but they also bring back a bunch of good players, including most of their skill people, and they will also add a bunch of JVs that went undefeated this year. Murphy’s JV teams the past few years have lost only a handful of games combined. I doubt Murphy will be quite as good next season as they have been the past couple of years, but the next few years after next season look bright. The young players will just need some time to grow, mature, and come into their own. Next season could be really good too though IF they can find a suitable replacement at QB and fill some holes on the OL and DL. Also need to find a good FG/XP kicker and a punter.

2001- East Surry 17- Murphy 13
2002- Starmount 38- Murphy 12
2003 Hendersonville 27- Murphy 13
2004 Bessemer City 28-Murphy 21
2005 Thomasville 41- Murphy 20
2006 Mt Airy 42- Murphy 20
2007 West Montomgery 54- Murphy 21
2008 Hendersonville 27- Murphy 20
2009 Albermarle 35- Murphy 28
Take your propaganda somewhere else and talk to Tarboro when yall dominate the 2AA like Tarboro did for years

Don’t nobody care about 1A....1AA is where it’s at. Murphy stayed playing pop Warner teams...and before you say anything Albemarle was pop Warner after 2012, those wins in 2011-2012 you guys put coached us...Murphy’s talent had nothing to do with it

Didn’t call anyone a douche bag. I called their posts “douche baggy”. Not the same thing.

As far as comparing Murphy to Tarboro this year, I never one time said Murphy would beat them. I also never said MA didn’t deserve to be there. Don’t know where you came up with that. I’m just reminding you and your comments about mountain boys that Murphy has a rich history and winning tradition too, and that Murphy is in no way intimidated by Tarboro, or inferior historically.
Mt Airy defeated Murphy so Mt Airy deserved to be there not Murphy.. smh take a nap

Don’t care what they are referring to. Murphy has more titles than either of their teams, and more than yours too (since you like making comments about my ego and since you called me a hater in another post).
I tell you what Bring Murphy on down to Tarboro and let them show you who is better

How did Murphy get involved in this convo? Didn’t they lose by 2 TD’s to Mount Airy?

Nole it's all good. We all get caught up in the back and forth. WM has one more year, we just hope we can do something. Nothing personal just smack talk.

I will give a little credit here , wouldn't watch Tarboro until championship ,and they lived up too the hype, Mt. Airy quality football team , you have to play your best to beat them, but a team no one is talking about is North Stanly, another very talented football team, probably best back I have seen in a while.

That’s fine. You are entitled to your opinion. As for me and my opinions, the season is over so I’m signing off. I’ve been one of the biggest Murphy defenders on here over the years but from reading some posts in another thread, I don’t think I need to be doing that anymore. I won’t elaborate but will just say that I feel like I get looked down on by a certain few just about as much as the haters who bash Murphy’s program. So be it. Those few are on their own from here on out. Happy trails.

Bye

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT