ADVERTISEMENT

Take on New Rules

Open Season for non-boundaries!!!!!!!! Time for traditional 1A to drop out!

Open Season for non-boundaries!!!!!!!! Time for traditional 1A to drop out!
I agree CP16. I don't understand why this was passed and no one knew about it (snuck it in). 1A basketball will be nothing but AAU ball. Small rural schools will not have a chance!! It's frustrating that kids are able to jump ship instead of attending the school that they are supposed to attend.

I really wish the NCHSAA would just go to 5 divisions - 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, Charter/Parochial. Unfortunately, they are more concerned with backlash from the pro-choice NC General Assembly than fighting for a fair playing field for their member schools.

Reactions: Girls -BBall Fan
The rules were set in place (transfers, switching schools, recruiting rumors, etc.) long before charter or nontraditional schools were in existence. I think with the new rule it allows the schools LEA's to handle kids transferring and if you think for a minute that the school a kid is leaving will sign off and say it is for academic or others purposes and not athletics, then please think again. The state new exactly what they were doing putting it in the hands of the LEA's to determine. Again, its black and white and easier to maintain. Now you will see a huge flood gates in 4a and 3a as there are already rumors about who is playing were and who is loading up.

The rules were set in place (transfers, switching schools, recruiting rumors, etc.) long before charter or nontraditional schools were in existence. I think with the new rule it allows the schools LEA's to handle kids transferring and if you think for a minute that the school a kid is leaving will sign off and say it is for academic or others purposes and not athletics, then please think again. The state new exactly what they were doing putting it in the hands of the LEA's to determine. Again, its black and white and easier to maintain. Now you will see a huge flood gates in 4a and 3a as there are already rumors about who is playing were and who is loading up.

Won't matter if the parent wants their child in another school the parent will get what they want! The parent complaint is the reason why they changed the rule in the 1st place.

Reactions: Be_A_Dog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT