ADVERTISEMENT

SWO @ NE ....2A Regional Finals

SWO-#1

Aug 28, 2002
Now we're talking. Gonna get this started and sit back and see how it progresses.

Northeastern showed all year that they are the team to beat in Little 2A. And still are in this one.
SWO has clawed their way to this game and will be the big underdog.

Freshwater (NE) and Jordan (SWO) are the main cogs in the wheels. Defense is gonna be Huge. SWO better find some pass defense.

Reactions: eaglez15 and 1SWO1
Can't wait swo#1. I just hope we can improve our kicking game some. It would be nice if our defense had some field position to work with. I have no complaints about anything else, coach and staff have these kids clicking.

Just hope we can keep it within 3 scores. This NE teams is almost like Indepence with Chris leak.

Well two teams that many have said Played No Body to get here. Dont look like there is any one left TO PLAY but our selfs. Where did all the some bodys go ?

Strength of schedule is touted to get a team ready for playoff by being battle tested. Again they all FAILED a test along the line somewhere. We may not get straight As but have passed all tests so far. The hardest conference in 2A are all playing basketball this comin week. About the same argument in the West 2A also.

Might be NE in the title game, might be SWO. Either will have EARNED it, as will be the 2 West teams. Gonna be a great week and ANOTHER big Friday Night under the lights.

Who gets a visit from Santa, and who from the Grinch ? That will be the discussion this week. Lots of Stats, references to past performances, All the whys and why nots.

Today the wife is breaking out the Christmas Tree. Hope there is aN Orange Wrapped Package with a big W in in for me .....LOL Oh and lumps of coal for the Eagles ....BAH HUMBUG.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY EASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Well two teams that many have said Played No Body to get here. Dont look like there is any one left TO PLAY but our selfs. Where did all the some bodys go ?

Strength of schedule is touted to get a team ready for playoff by being battle tested. Again they all FAILED a test along the line somewhere. We may not get straight As but have passed all tests so far. The hardest conference in 2A are all playing basketball this comin week. About the same argument in the West 2A also.

Might be NE in the title game, might be SWO. Either will have EARNED it, as will be the 2 West teams. Gonna be a great week and ANOTHER big Friday Night under the lights.

Who gets a visit from Santa, and who from the Grinch ? That will be the discussion this week. Lots of Stats, references to past performances, All the whys and why nots.

Today the wife is breaking out the Christmas Tree. Hope there is aN Orange Wrapped Package with a big W in in for me .....LOL Oh and lumps of coal for the Eagles ....BAH HUMBUG.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY EASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Love your posts and analogies lol.

Its lots of fun when its done for fun. Am I serious about SWO winning, yes I am. But in the end I had a great time as I hope all else does. Over the last 26+ years of following SWO some big games, some wins and some loses. But none have affected my life, other than making great memories.

Oh and I will get what I want for Christmas this year as all others. For I AM SANTA CLAUS ...know what I mean Vern ?

Reactions: dogs79 and 1SWO1
Well Currituck did

Remember you 18 starters out. And played all freshman. No more hyping up NE. They already won the state title for next five years. No reason for SWO to even waste their time

Its lots of fun when its done for fun. Am I serious about SWO winning, yes I am. But in the end I had a great time as I hope all else does. Over the last 26+ years of following SWO some big games, some wins and some loses. But none have affected my life, other than making great memories.

Oh and I will get what I want for Christmas this year as all others. For I AM SANTA CLAUS ...know what I mean Vern ?

Very true brother. Hope it's a good week for SWO.

Sunday SIDE by SIDE

Time for Weight In before the big fight. These are taken off MaxPreps so dont know how accurate they are. The listed players are starters for SWO. I am assuming the same for NE. If any eagle posters know different please correct:

SWO:

42 Mike Turner G, DE Jr. 6-1 225
44 Zachary Dugan RB, DE, MLBSr. 6-0 240
65 Deanglo Hill T, DT So. 6-5 275
70 Caleb Carter C, G, DT Jr. 6-4 295
75 Colby Rouse T, DT Sr. 6-4 295
76 Shad Warrington DT, T Sr. 5-11 300
78 Derek Green DT, T Sr. 6-5 295
79 Jerome Williams G, DT Sr. 6-2 270
85 Isaac Anderson DE, TE Sr. 6-2 250
88 J'ziah Morgan TE, DT Sr. 6-4 225

NE:

2 Adrian Spellman DE, DT Jr. 6-4 225
4 Traveon Freshwate rB,LB RBSr. 6-3 210
9 Jorell Baum DE Sr. 6-5 220
11 William Riddick WR, DE Sr. 6-5 195
32 Naquan Winslow MLB Sr. 5-9 210
41 Rashawn Lister RB, OLB Fr. 5-11 218
42 Quasi Thomas FB, DT So. 6-1 245
50 Rayshawn Stallings T, DT Sr. 5-11 260
52 Marqua Veale G Jr. 5-11 270
57 Jordan Griffin C Jr. 6-1 250

Reactions: eaglez15 and 1SWO1
If reidsville beats brevard I believe SWO will be a tougher match for the rams. Teams that are pass happy get shut down verse the rams DBS.

Reactions: 1SWO1
TEAM STATS:

swo:

Receiving P/G .... 59
Rushing P/G ......289.6
Total TDs .........82
Tackles P/G .......92.5
Sacks .............27
Interceptions .....18

NE:

Receiving P/G .... 103
Rushing P/g ...... 379.7
Ttotal TDs ........ 73
Tackles P/G ....... 92.7
Sacks ............. 68
Interceptions ..... 10

Reactions: 1SWO1
WHO DA MAN !!

SWO:

D. Thomas QB ..Carries .. 38 Yards .. 271 TDs .. 5
B. J. Jordan HB ..Carries 211 Yards .. 2363 TDs .. 34
Z. Dugan FB ......Carries 85 Yards .. 660 TDs .. 18
I. Anderson FB ...Carries 85 Yards .. 263 TDs .. 4

NE:

A. Harris QBB ...Carries ..87 Yards .. 1348 TDs .. 12
T. Mercer RB ...Carries ..82 Yards .. 1022 TDs .. 14
T. Freshwater ..Carries ..77 Yards .. 902 TDs ..12

Last edited:
KICK THE CAN

SWO:

PATs: Barbee ..... 69/75
FG: Barbee ..... 0/1
PUNTS: Barbee ..... 12 ... Yards: 401

NE:

PATs: Teall ..... 22/25 (total is 36/45, other kickers not listed)
FG: Teall ..... 1/1
PUNTS: NO DATA LISTED

To the NE posters. I believe Freshwater plays both ways if I am not mistaken. I noticed he has the fewest carries of the 3 backs. Have his carries been limited due to his total game plays and can we expect to see him more on the offensive side as the games become more meaningful? How does he compare to the other 2 backs?

Reactions: eaglez15
Sunday SIDE by SIDE

Time for Weight In before the big fight. These are taken off MaxPreps so dont know how accurate they are. The listed players are starters for SWO. I am assuming the same for NE. If any eagle posters know different please correct:

SWO:

42 Mike Turner G, DE Jr. 6-1 225
44 Zachary Dugan RB, DE, MLBSr. 6-0 240
65 Deanglo Hill T, DT So. 6-5 275
70 Caleb Carter C, G, DT Jr. 6-4 295
75 Colby Rouse T, DT Sr. 6-4 295
76 Shad Warrington DT, T Sr. 5-11 300
78 Derek Green DT, T Sr. 6-5 295
79 Jerome Williams G, DT Sr. 6-2 270
85 Isaac Anderson DE, TE Sr. 6-2 250
88 J'ziah Morgan TE, DT Sr. 6-4 225

NE:

2 Adrian Spellman DE, DT Jr. 6-4 225
4 Traveon Freshwate rB,LB RBSr. 6-3 210
9 Jorell Baum DE Sr. 6-5 220
11 William Riddick WR, DE Sr. 6-5 195
32 Naquan Winslow MLB Sr. 5-9 210
41 Rashawn Lister RB, OLB Fr. 5-11 218
42 Quasi Thomas FB, DT So. 6-1 245
50 Rayshawn Stallings T, DT Sr. 5-11 260
52 Marqua Veale G Jr. 5-11 270
57 Jordan Griffin C Jr. 6-1 250

Yes it’s accurate.

To the NE posters. I believe Freshwater plays both ways if I am not mistaken. I noticed he has the fewest carries of the 3 backs. Have his carries been limited due to his total game plays and can we expect to see him more on the offensive side as the games become more meaningful? How does he compare to the other 2 backs?

He was out a few games but also they don’t use him all the time as rb if they don’t need him. They have many weapons on offense.

Reactions: daagoob
You are correct, he plays both sides of the ball. He prefers playing defense and that's what he's going to do in college. We have 3 backs, Mercer #5, Thomas #42, and Freshwater #4. Thomas is a sophomore and is mostly used for short yardage. He's a big boy and is strong as an ox. It runs in his family, his father is a powerlifter and competes in body building competitions. Mercer isn't as strong or big as Freshwater but he's still a good back and he and Freshwater pretty much split up the carries.

Reactions: SWO-#1
WHO DA MAN !!

SWO:

D. Thomas QB ..Carries .. 38 Yards .. 271 TDs .. 5
B. J. Jordan HB ..Carries 211 Yards .. 2363 TDs .. 34
Z. Dugan FB ......Carries 85 Yards .. 660 TDs .. 18
I. Anderson FB ...Carries 85 Yards .. 263 TDs .. 4

NE:

H. Hodge QB ....Carries ..6 Yards .. 103 TDs .. 1
A. Harris RB ...Carries ..87 Yards .. 1348 TDs .. 12
T. Mercer RB ...Carries ..82 Yards .. 1022 TDs .. 14
T. Freshwater ..Carries ..77 Yards .. 902 TDs ..12

Harris and Hodge are backwards. Hodge isn’t qb it’s harris.

Last edited:
What I want to say is man its so good to have Jorrel Baum back finally!! Wow did he play good or what Friday night. He hasn't missed a beat. He and Freshwater played like they were pissed off. That poor qb for Kinston, I know he was hurting Saturday.

Reactions: SWO-#1 and eaglez15
What I want to say is man its so good to have Jorrel Baum back finally!! Wow did he play good or what Friday night. He hasn't missed a beat. He and Freshwater played like they were pissed off. That poor qb for Kinston, I know he was hurting Saturday.
Just think how they’re gonna play Friday night if you think they played like they were pissed last Friday night!

Reactions: daagoob and SWO-#1
Just think how they’re gonna play Friday night if you think they played like they were pissed last Friday night!

It's going to be hard to duplicate last Fridays game. Minus the dumb penalties I don't think we could have played any better, especially on defense. I had forgotten all about Spellman and Riddick and hadn't even showed them any love. Guys I know your reading this so please forgive me on that. Coach Moore and company, you guys should give yourselves a pat on the back. I can't even gripe about anything, other than the kicking game lol. Maybe everything's like this for a reason, the loss of Baum for all but 2 games, Freshwater being out for 3 games, our kicking game ,etc. All this gave other kids a chance to step up. We'll be just fine. The whole team gets helmet stickers from me!!!

Last edited:
It's going to be hard to duplicate last Fridays game. Minus the dumb penalties I don't think we could have played any better, especially on defense.

Holding an unbeaten team to less than 50 yards is something special. I look for this game to be unbelievable on defense. And the Offenses arn't to shabby either.

It's going to be hard to duplicate last Fridays game. Minus the dumb penalties I don't think we could have played any better, especially on defense. I had forgotten all about Spellman and Riddick and hadn't even showed them any love. Guys I know your reading this so please forgive me on that. Coach Moore and company, you guys should give yourselves a pat on the back. I can't even gripe about anything, other than the kicking game lol. Maybe everything's like this for a reason, the loss of Baum for all but 2 games, Freshwater being out for 3 games, our liking game ,etc. All this gave other kids a chance to step up. We'll be just fine. The whole team gets helmet stickers from me!!!

The thing is they’ve been waiting for this game all season due to one person. They are on a mission...they are hungry and they are out for blood! Man I can’t wait!

SWO#1 You should give yourself a pat on the back as well. What a great sport you are. I've never even met you but I know that if you lived in my area you and I would be hanging out at all the games. You never let your emotions get the best of you up here. Not once have I ever read a post of yours that was negative. The same can't be said for myself I know. I've posted stuff up here about SWO that I regret and wish I could take back. Thanks for being a good sport and I'm looking forward to a nice poem or nursery rhyme from you later this week about the Northeastern Eagles and our fans.:D:D:)

Holding an unbeaten team to less than 50 yards is something special. I look for this game to be unbelievable on defense. And the Offenses arn't to shabby either.
Same here, I just hope our guys bring it like they did last Friday. Im going to do my best to try and get them motivated.

SWO#1 You should give yourself a pat on the back as well. What a great sport you are. I've never even met you but I know that if you lived in my area you and I would be hanging out at all the games. You never let your emotions get the best of you up here. Not once have I ever read a post of yours that was negative. The same can't be said for myself I know. I've posted stuff up here about SWO that I regret and wish I could take back. Thanks for being a good sport and I'm looking forward to a nice poem or nursery rhyme from you later this week about the Northeastern Eagles and our fans.:D:D:)

Thanks goob. I like your attitude and outlook at the games also. I am just me, on forums, person to person. I do try and think before I post stuff. I usually put it on another word pad and think about it before it goes on. Sometimes its a few minutes, some times a day or two. Nothing is gained or accomplished by these forums except gratification for ourselfs. I truly believe that. There is some great dialog on here, some funny, some serious, and some I just shake my head at and go on. Hope to converse with you and other posters this week.

I know both teams, players and coaches will be focused this week. We both have but one thing in our lives as far as football goes, and thats winning Friday Night. A trip to the State Championship game is the most important thing at this point. If its us or you I will be pulling just as hard for them to be LORD OF THE RINGS on Dec. 15.

Reactions: eaglez15
OK, in tune with the season I have decided on the basics of this weeks SILLY SALUTE to the game Friday Dec. 7. I thought about something in line with that historic date in world history but decided it was inappropriate for this really un historic event in the world picture. So .... I have the outline and will try and have a couple verses up tomorrow. Just for openers its titled: "Twas the week before the BIG GAME"

Later, I been shopping with the wife and had dinner out...I,m full, tired and headed to the Rain Room and then the rack. Ya'll carry on and I will catch up in the morning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT