ADVERTISEMENT

SWO is the swagger gone?

sameoldthing4

Jul 31, 2008
No coach P, no ring in two years, and Ottey is gone. I think this is a valid question. I know we still have a solid defense, but we do loose some really good defensive players. It will be a interesting year.

Who's replacing Coach Padgett? I think SWO will be just fine. They have always had tons of talent and unless they change some district lines in Jax that won't change.

Still no announcement on a coach, there was an article in the paper where Coach Mcloud will be the new AD. Yes a little redistricting, but should only effect SW in a good way.

Coach P will be missed...SWO has been competing just fine with low 2A enrollments...hell 663 past year actually 1A#'s (13-2) again with no physical real size...size will be on campus this fall...now will have around 820 when school starts with the new redistricting...est 75-90 more boys to choose from...SWO will be just fine

Tough to replace a true legend in NC! He was a class act to coach against. Whomever fills those shoes has a tough job ahead of them. But I'm glad they'll have the resources to do well. I hope the tradition Coach P built remains for years at SWO.

Great guy he is...thanks Steeler...staff has a lot of years with him...think if one of them want it(stay in house) ...they will get a shot

I agree on the greatness of Coach, but we still have not answered a key question who leads us next? Old Chris Miller should give us some updates in the jacksonville newspaper. I assume there is a close date for all resumes to be submitted.

A whos whos list...a lot of people want that job outside ....plenty of guys on staff very capable..shocked if it went outside...
This post was edited on 1/24 8:42 PM by 2for3

There has always been talent in Onslow County in every sport. That shouldn't be a worry.

I am just having fun, but what about Bob Eason? In some respects he is the same as Coach Padgett. He has had some really talented teams, but can't get over the hump. I think Mcloud will become head coach that way most of the staff stays, but Bob Eason would be one heck of a pick up.

I agree 2 for 3 there is capable coaches in house, but I can also say that having a younger energetic coach that can raise funding for our program would not be bad. It is becoming evident that we(SWO) have a good core of kids that grow up in our district each year, it is also evident that grabbing the military talent puts some good teams and make them great. Getting a coach who can be attractive to potential military kids is a big plus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT