ADVERTISEMENT

SWO Home for the rest of the playoffs, as long as we win

SWO-#1

Aug 28, 2002
The Highest seed still standing after #1, and #2 go down. Next week Its Farmville Central at the Corral. We wished for it now we got it.

We know. Gonna take a lot better game than we played tonight to stay with the Jags.

If the DarkHorses beat Edenton and Farmville wins the Eastern Championship would be played in DarkHorse Stadium
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Seeds 5, 6, 7, and 8 left in this bracket, all fine programs. A fluke or seeding error? I say seeding error on the part of the NCHSAA, but it's always good being an underdog!

I agree it is flawed. FC beat Ayden by 30 and gets an 8 seed while they get a 3.

This post was edited on 11/22 9:32 AM by 72Pirate

I agree with every conference champ being one of the top seeds, except from split conferences. Straight up 2A conferences, that's just the way it is. In split conferences, a team should not get a conference champ seed just because they are the top 1A or 2A or 3A team in a conference with bigger teams.

Best example: Big South 2A/3A conference. Before Stuart Cramer HS was added, there were only two 2A teams in the conference, so they both got automatic playoff bids every year, one of them an automatic conference championship seed.

his year, Hunter Huss "won" the 2A part of the conference with a record of 4-8(4-3 conf) to get a #4 seed in 2AA West. They got drilled in the first round by #13 Parkwood, 37-7.

Lake Norman Charter finished second among 2A in that conference with a record of 3-9(1-4 conf) and got the #16 seed in the 2A West. They got drilled 88-32 by #1 Owen in the first round.

Yeah Well As For Being A Stallion- Our Sole Poss Was To An Upper Classification Team- Still Leaving Us 10 & 1 At The Time... How Do You Go From Being "#1" In The Polls ALL Year Pretty Much- Lose 1 Time To An Upper Classified Team- & Get Knocked Down To A 5th Seed- Yet You Have A 7 & 4 Team Seeded Higher??? SMDH Makes No Sense But That Just Goes To Show The System Flaws..... Obviously If Those 1-4 Seeds Were Knocked Out That Quickly- Those Rankings Were A Fluke...

It's AMAZING Living Where I Live In Shelby- & Coming From Southwest! The Hype- The Anticipation To Meet Back Up At State Is ALWAYS Too Much To Forget... Especially When BOTH Teams Are Highly Favored All Year & BOTH Teams Have A Tradition Of Excellence... I Know The Remaining 2 Games In The East Aren't Going To Be "Easy" But I'm Still Putting My Money On SWO All The Way- As The Retiring News Of Padgett Will Motivate The Boys To Win The Ship For Him One Last Time!! I'm Hoping Shelby Will Be Successful In Reidsville & In Black Mountain To See Us Again! Last Year Was NOT Stallion Football & This Year Would Look To Be More Exciting To Watch!!

I agree the seeding process for you guys down east was definitely a screw up//////by contrast the 2A West is exactly the opposite with the top 4 seeds still playing Owen (#1), Reidsville (#2), Shelby (#3), and Mount Pleasant (#4)..........

Originally posted by NC_Playboy:
Yeah Well As For Being A Stallion- Our Sole Poss Was To An Upper Classification Team- Still Leaving Us 10 & 1 At The Time... How Do You Go From Being "#1" In The Polls ALL Year Pretty Much- Lose 1 Time To An Upper Classified Team- & Get Knocked Down To A 5th Seed- Yet You Have A 7 & 4 Team Seeded Higher??? SMDH Makes No Sense But That Just Goes To Show The System Flaws..... Obviously If Those 1-4 Seeds Were Knocked Out That Quickly- Those Rankings Were A Fluke...

It's AMAZING Living Where I Live In Shelby- & Coming From Southwest! The Hype- The Anticipation To Meet Back Up At State Is ALWAYS Too Much To Forget... Especially When BOTH Teams Are Highly Favored All Year & BOTH Teams Have A Tradition Of Excellence... I Know The Remaining 2 Games In The East Aren't Going To Be "Easy" But I'm Still Putting My Money On SWO All The Way- As The Retiring News Of Padgett Will Motivate The Boys To Win The Ship For Him One Last Time!! I'm Hoping Shelby Will Be Successful In Reidsville & In Black Mountain To See Us Again! Last Year Was NOT Stallion Football & This Year Would Look To Be More Exciting To Watch!!
Welcome, NC_Playboy. You have a very unique typing style. I've never seen anyone capitalize the first letter in EVERY word. It's like one long title.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT