ADVERTISEMENT

SWO Coach Phil Padgett

Anyone in the Jacksonville area is invited to stop by the address below and sign the banner that the family has placed in the yard. At this point the family is not accepting visitors but encourages the signing of the banner.

613 Par Drive
Jacksonville NC 28540

Reactions: UNC91 and SWO-WA
Anyone in the Jacksonville area is invited to stop by the address below and sign the banner that the family has placed in the yard. At this point the family is not accepting visitors but encourages the signing of the banner.

613 Par Drive
Jacksonville NC 28540

Tried to reach out to some old teammates, couldn't reach them via email. What's the news on philly

Tried to reach out to some old teammates, couldn't reach them via email. What's the news on philly

I am not certain if I should post what I know here, Phil and his family have kept things pretty close.

I am not certain if I should post what I know here, Phil and his family have kept things pretty close.

Okay brother. Health issues? Hope for the best. Philly one of the best, at my age would still run through a wall for coach P

Man I hope he is ok. He was a great coach but is a better man. Always so gracious as he kicked my butt while at East. Prayers for him and his family.

Reactions: UNC91 and SW1985
Below is a FB post made by former SWO assistant coach David McLeod earlier today. Very sad news for the SWO community and high school football around the state.

A reminder to cherish the time we have in our lives with the people that mean the most to us and being blessed to enjoy all the great things that life has to offer.

David McLeod

4h ·

Please pray for my boss.... my friend... Coach Phil Padgett. He’s headed towards the “Goal Line” of Life and the Head Referee is ready to ready to lift up His Arms to signify that he has finally made it! Pray that his last moments on this Earth can be pain free and burden free. He has accepted God’s free gift of Salvation... Forgiveness, Mercy and Grace.
How about you? Your day may be coming soon as well.... are you ready? I pray that you will make the same decision my friend made a few years ago.... Accept God’s free gift.... Believe it’s real and Let God change your heart so you can live forever in Eternity as well.
Love you Coach.

Below is a FB post made by former SWO assistant coach David McLeod earlier today. Very sad news for the SWO community and high school football around the state.

A reminder to cherish the time we have in our lives with the people that mean the most to us and being blessed to enjoy all the great things that life has to offer.

David McLeod

4h ·

Please pray for my boss.... my friend... Coach Phil Padgett. He’s headed towards the “Goal Line” of Life and the Head Referee is ready to ready to lift up His Arms to signify that he has finally made it! Pray that his last moments on this Earth can be pain free and burden free. He has accepted God’s free gift of Salvation... Forgiveness, Mercy and Grace.
How about you? Your day may be coming soon as well.... are you ready? I pray that you will make the same decision my friend made a few years ago.... Accept God’s free gift.... Believe it’s real and Let God change your heart so you can live forever in Eternity as well.
Love you Coach.

Terribly sad to hear this. I wanted him to come to New Bern a few years ago. Praying for him.

Reactions: SW1985
Coach taught us how to be men, on and off the field. A true legend is gone. Coach was one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Fought toe to toe with and for his players. Swo will never replace Phil Padget. So glad he was able to see the field named after him.

RIP coach

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT