ADVERTISEMENT

SWO and neighboring teams

Come on now, dont back track. You said SWO "use to scare" other teams. Well chances are if a team is scared or intimidated they probably dont stand much of a chance. I was just curious (and pointed out) teams that might not have been scared or in awe of 17 coaches and 70 players.

One coach, formerly at East Carteret admitted his team was. OK, so that's one. Your series record with the powerhouses of Richlands, Lejeune, Jones, Dixon, Swansboro, White Oak probably indicate they were scared (at least for the past 20 years or so) OK, there are a few there.

My point was, it is not like SWO has ran roughshod over everyone they have played for the better part of the last three decades. I listed teams off the top of my head (without having the data in front of me) that I thought had not been "scared" of 17 coaches, 70 players, black uniforms, orange helmets, etc..based on won/loss results.

I hope someone has this data to confirm my suspicions. I think it would be a very informative exercise for those from other areas of the state.

No suspicious there buddy. Swo is a powerhouse and scared teams when they stepped onto the field. You sound like a hater, but haters are going to hate. Simple part of life. It's okay, thanks for your weird opinions.

Not hating at all. I gave credit to you guys and your accomplishments.

Other successful teams have fans posting on the site but I don't recall seeing them state that others were scared of their coaches or number of players.

Show me evidence of your domination on the teams I gave and I will admit I am wrong.

Simple as that.

Hey, I enjoy this thread. Kind of envious and lonely on the 3A with the only team we play with a poster being Havelock. Not a whole lot I can say. Pound for pound 2A has to be the most competitive, at least in the east. Good luck to you all.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
I know that choke artist of a coach at Northeastern is scared 😱 to death of SWO. That’s the one team in the east that he wants no part of. We just try and schedule schools like Croaton and The School for The Blind over here so we can pad our schedule and get higher seeding come playoff time. 😂😂😂 Whose your Daddy?

I know that choke artist of a coach at Northeastern is scared 😱 to death of SWO. That’s the one team in the east that he wants no part of. We just try and schedule schools like Croaton and The School for The Blind over here so we can pad our schedule and get higher seeding come playoff time. 😂😂😂 Whose your Daddy?

You finally come around and admit the facts. Thanks again for your input

I can't believe this thread is still going on just because one poster said that other teams are scared of us. LOL. Nobody is scared, but I do remember one of the big posters for Shelby back in the day messaging me after the championship game in 2004 and said that when we walked out in our all black, "our boys were intimidated from the start". Nobody was scared, that I know of.

Reactions: UNC91 and SWO-#1
For the record, these are the better teams that I know we hold a series advantage over.
East Duplin
Wallace-Rose Hill
Edenton Holmes(Never lost to)
East Bladen(Never lost to)
Burlington Cummings(one title game)
Ayden Grifton
Reidsville(2-0)
Tarboro(2-0)
SW Edgecombe
Swain County(one title game)
Newton Conover(one title game)
Whiteville
Western Alamance(3-0)
Northhampton(1-0)
Greene Central
Goldsboro(3-0)
SW Edgecombe
Farmville Central
Midway
Eastern Randolph
Randleman

Series that I know are .500 or very close to:
Shelby(1-1)
Northeastern(3-3) side note: all 6 games are after a 5 hour bus ride to the end of the earth, none at The Corral
South Columbus
James Kenan
Midway
Jacksonville (40-60ish in Jacksonville's favor, especially lately)
Northside Jacksonville(40-60ish split too)

Clinton owns about a 30-70ish advantage over us

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91
I think everyone respects SWO program and what they have done in the past. Where it gets touchy-feely is when some SWO fans start to bash other schools whenever you mention them. But will get upset when SWO is spoken about in the same ways. Everyone knows what they have done under coach Padgett. But the only teams I think that are scared of SWO would be their conference teams which is really a bunch of JV teams as of late. I know one team for the last 10 years that’s nowhere near scared of them and they know it is the one team that some don’t like the most. Tha Cards! Let’s not go back the past 10 years and check the numbers? It’s not even close. I mean hell if we going to go off what a team done in the past and based that off whether anyone is scared of them. Everyone should be scared of Independence didn’t they win 11 state titles in a row? I and everyone respect SWO as a program and what they have done back then. But let’s base them along with other teams on what they are doing now.

I think everyone respects SWO program and what they have done in the past. Where it gets touchy-feely is when some SWO fans start to bash other schools whenever you mention them. But will get upset when SWO is spoken about in the same ways. Everyone knows what they have done under coach Padgett. But the only teams I think that are scared of SWO would be their conference teams which is really a bunch of JV teams as of late. I know one team for the last 10 years that’s nowhere near scared of them and they know it is the one team that some don’t like the most. Tha Cards! Let’s not go back the past 10 years and check the numbers? It’s not even close. I mean hell if we going to go off what a team done in the past and based that off whether anyone is scared of them. Everyone should be scared of Independence didn’t they win 11 state titles in a row? I and everyone respect SWO as a program and what they have done back then. But let’s base them along with other teams on what they are doing now.
Once again, one poster used the term scared. Not all SWO posters. We know

Honestly I thought this thread was dead. Everyday for over a week I promised to go get our 1a record. It's crazy how much we won. Since I just pulled a 68hr work week last week and this week. I will never have time to look this up. So I am calling on help on where to go for all time records, it use to be on preps or the site I thought ncpreps combined with.

Anyway teams in 1a were terrified! And our overall conference record in both 1a and 2a is better then EVERYBODY around these parts, but without the numbers I am speaking on things I only saw with my own eyes.

Reactions: UNC91
Swo has the third highest winning percentage of all time ever in the state, out of ALL highschools

Reactions: superstar57

Damn, that’s was spot on

Don’t count them Stallions out!!! They are getting better each week I don’t believe they have but 6 seniors on the the team. Young and fearless they will gel.

Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT