ADVERTISEMENT

Sweep

I thought I read on this forum that East Surry would be "humbled" by Tarboro. I guess that was a prediction made out of ignorance.
It was 50-10 a year ago .. I guess that's where it came from. Tarboro had given up only 41 points all year but it's probable that they hadn't seen many teams with a high powered passing attack in the East.

Complete domination of the West over the East. Not only did they go 8-0, only one of the games was close (3 points). The 7 others were by two TD or more margins of victory.

I thought I read on this forum that East Surry would be "humbled" by Tarboro. I guess that was a prediction made out of ignorance.
It was 50-10 a year ago .. I guess that's where it came from. Tarboro had given up only 41 points all year but it's probable that they hadn't seen many teams in the playoffs with a high powered passing attack in the East.
I said that about being “humbled”, and ignorance is a bit strong. My reasoning is what TGT mentioned, and also, East Surry struggled with teams in the playoffs who were thought to be lesser opponents, Mitchell, who according to a few posters, could have actually won that game, and Mountain Island Charter gave them fits, too, just losing to them by 12 points. Props to East Surry for showing they were for real in a big, very convincingly way.

I said that about being “humbled”, and ignorance is a bit strong. My reasoning is what TGT mentioned, and also, East Surry struggled with teams in the playoffs who were thought to be lesser opponents, Mitchell, who according to a few posters, could have actually won that game, and Mountain Island Charter gave them fits, too, just losing to them by 12 points. Props to East Surry for showing they were for real in a big, very convincingly way.

Mountain Island Charter is close to getting a few titles themselves. Give it a few years.

Reactions: btango
Mountain Island Charter is close to getting a few titles themselves. Give it a few years.
Your right about MICS also
Mitchell had a damn good team this year, There offensive line was one of the biggest I've ever seen in 1aa.There QB averaged around 200 yards rushing and 200 yards passing per game , also Mitchells Defence only gave up about 7 points per game. I'm not a fan of Mitchell but there were one of the better teams I saw play this year. What I saw from Tarboro last night i believe Mitchell with a healthy QB could have gave Tarboro a game.

Coming into the title game, Tarboro had a 44 game win streak. I didn’t think East Surry had much of a chance, either. I was wondering who it would take to beat Tarboro, maybe Shelby, Catholic or Weddington?
Their win speaks well for Reidsville. The Rams posters took a lot of heat over losing to a 1AA team, and actually, they had a chance to win as they had ES down, pretty late in that game.
Reidsville poster, The Mule, wrote that ES was a really good team with good receivers and a quarterback that was special. Next time, I’ll pay closer attention to him.

Side note: Quarterback J.Boaz had 474 yards and seven TD’s. Incredible !

It was 50-10 a year ago .. I guess that's where it came from. Tarboro had given up only 41 points all year but it's probable that they hadn't seen many teams with a high powered passing attack in the East.
Correction. They hadn't seen ANY.

Coming into the title game, Tarboro had a 44 game win streak. I didn’t think East Surry had much of a chance, either. I was wondering who it would take to beat Tarboro, maybe Shelby, Catholic or Weddington?
Their win speaks well for Reidsville. The Rams posters took a lot of heat over losing to a 1AA team, and actually, they had a chance to win as they had ES down, pretty late in that game.
Reidsville poster, The Mule, wrote that ES was a really good team with good receivers and a quarterback that was special. Next time, I’ll pay closer attention to him.

Side note: Quarterback J.Boaz had 474 yards and seven TD’s. Incredible !

Yeah, once in a lifetime talent on one team.

Back in the old days when I was young and foolish I would have found all of the Tarboro money I could and mortgaged the farm on that game.

But now, old and still foolish I am too afraid to take any such chances! :D:D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT