ADVERTISEMENT

Swain @ Whiteville

Unintended consequenses.
rolleye0012.r191677.gif

Me cause trouble....? No, none intended. Looking forward to a good game. I have seen a WM team go up on Swain 28-0 I believe back in 2011, and Swain game back and won that game. Not sure how they done it, but they play hard. Nothing against Whiteville, but if your guys down keep up the intensity on both offense and defense, Whiteville will not win this game. If Swain has the "Fumbling" hands Friday night, you guys will win easy. 25-22 Swain.

Bear,good to here from u. You have seen Swain play
are they tough as they say? I believe pack wins
pretty big this week.

Blue,

How many times do we all have to tell you? You guys are the favorite against this edition of the Maroon Machine. You guys have a beast of team. I wish we were running into you guys with a team from a couple of years ago, heck even last year. It would be really fun. However that is in the recent past and we are rebuilding. It is yalls game to lose. If we hang on to the ball it could be closer. We are just gonna show up and give it our best.

Any team that is in a rebuilding year won't be able to beat Whiteville, pretty sure about that. Friday night
is getting closer but the more I hear the spread is getting wider. Young team and loss of best player does not bode well for Swain. I would also love for Swain to be at full strength, that would be a fun game. JMHO. Best of luck to both teams!!

..........forgot to mention another freshman, # 49, he scored a 40 plus yd TD against Mitchell in the 2nd half. We have some youth, within our depth that will contribute for years to come.

Originally posted by dirty stallion:

Any team that is in a rebuilding year won't be able to beat Whiteville, pretty sure about that. Friday night
is getting closer but the more I hear the spread is getting wider. Young team and loss of best player does not bode well for Swain. I would also love for Swain to be at full strength, that would be a fun game. JMHO. Best of luck to both teams!!
I don't know if they are doing it now but Swain posters are the best in the state at sandbagging.....

Originally posted by prlyles:

I don't know if they are doing it now but Swain posters are the best in the state at sandbagging.....
prlyles,

We would never do such a thing...

No but seriously...devils will fight hard still but not quite shown what it takes all year. Next year though we should be reeeeeaaaallly down
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by gal durnit:

prlyles,

We would never do such a thing...

No but seriously...devils will fight hard still but not quite shown what it takes all year. Next year though we should be reeeeeaaaallly down
wink.r191677.gif
I watched that 2011 Swain/WM game. That's a classic.

That is one reason I posted it...never give up in a game. Swain was down 28-0 in the first quarter and came back to win the game in the final seconds. You cannot coach heart and determination.

We lost to R-ville do you really think we're sandbagging this year?

Originally posted by Kazuma:

We lost to R-ville do you really think we're sandbagging this year?
Not saying that at all I'm just saying you're capable of it...lol

No more talk of 2011. We were injured, young, and the refs were terrible.
chairshot.r191677.gif
lol - Did I miss any of the usual suspects?
This post was edited on 11/25 5:31 PM by WMFootballFanatic

Gal during,u coming to game Friday? Just thought I
would ask. Going to be good night for game.

Hell im gonna skip the lakewood game to see this one....any of you whiteville people got a tailgate going on

Sorry blue. Won't be there. Got family coming to town that I haven't seen in a long time. I hope to get updates though. Keep us posted on here.

Fanatic,

Jet lag will be difficult to use as an excuse because the first class seats on our team charter plane should alleviate most of the discomfort.

In all seriousness this has to be the longest hall for a playoff game other than a state title game we have ever had to do.

So Legion Field is the one that doubles as a baseball field off of Chadbourn Highway? What is the parking situation there?

Parking is normally not a big problem. I suggest you park in the NGuard Amory parking lot and walk about 3 minutes, thats what I do and its always an easy in and out. If you try to park at the field you may have some problems leaving in a hurry.

Legion Stadium is a combined baseball/football field. The visitor bleachers are temporary aluminum and are placed over
2nd base or near there, we have had a state championship game there in 1987 and most people that wanted to sit, had a seat.

Hope to see lots of the Swain County fans Friday night. One thing for sure, the field is very wet, but it drains as good as any I have seen.

Forgot to tell you if you do park at the NG Amory, there is one small ditch you have to jump..........may want to bring a flash
light.

He was twisted up on a running play between the tackles. Made a 10 yard gain and when the pile got up he stayed down. Really a shame. He is an outstanding player and a great leader. He will be greatly missed out there if in fact he can't go.

This post was edited on 11/26 5:42 PM by gal durnit

Calabash style seafood, including oyster roasts Dale's Seafood. BBQ and country buffet Joe's BBQ. Something fast and good
Cruisers drive thru. Mention this post to Alan At Dale's and tell him loveboat sent you, he MIGHT give you a discount, or add something to your tab, I'll leave that up to you!

If you want something to eat after the game there is a Hardee's, Bojangles, Arby's, Wendy's and McDonalds all within a mile of the stadium. Also very good hot dogs at the game.

Barry,

You forgot to mention the best food in town: The Touchdown Club tailgate. If the Swain fans get in early enough, stop by, we will be tailgating just inside the West gate. Or bring your favorite brots, burgers etc.... we have a grill & all the goodies courtesy of Strick68.

Gotoblueg Swains D is real good but offense not that powerful! The play hard and hit hard! If our two starting running back would have played I think we win by 2 scores!

Will be very interesting to see how Swain's d react to terrin manning he hits as hard as any high school back I have ever seen. Tacklers are punished. Tell us what u think after the game.

Also Waffle International, warm up while fresh cooked waffles, grits and eggs are cooked. I think they stay open til 12:00, located beside Econo-Lodge.

Just in case you don't know eastern BBQ is quite different than western BBQ. I love both.

That should be the real state champ discussion. For get who is better in football easy or west! Let's debate BBQ!

Originally posted by gal durnit:
That should be the real state champ discussion. For get who is better in football easy or west! Let's debate BBQ!
I love both as long as it is cooked with wood. I will say the closer you get to the mountains the worse your bbq will be. I favor eastern style a little bit over Lexington.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT