ADVERTISEMENT

Swain Transfer

Whether you play them or not has nothing to do with it... Cherokee, Franklin, Swain, Reynolds, T.C., The High, Tuscola, N.B., Owen have all lost players to Christ School recently and have not played them. Robbinsville and Murphy have played them and to my knowledge not lost any players to them. So, that theory is completey baseless. It's called the internet and social media. You don't have to break down a secret VHS tape to get an edge anymore. The game is changing and has been elsewhere for a long time, we've just been fortunate that it hasn't happened here yet. But, it's now getting started and it'll never stop.

Got bored earlier and looked up a few things to dispel some theories. In the last 13 years, since Christ School has been up on the football radar, they have only played 3 "local" public school teams. Hendersonville (Tied 1-1)... Robbinsville (CS 3-2)... Murphy (CS 1-0). They haven't played Hendersonville in over 5 years now and the latter two teams are a 2 hour drive away, so I don't even know if that's local. I'm also pretty sure that no player from those schools mentioned has ever left them for CS. (Football only)

Logistical issues don't apparently seem to set them back any at all and could even be construed that it's actually helping them long term. The recent success of the team and college signees are pretty good proof. It's forcing them to play a lot better teams who get a lot more exposure than WNC teams and that's what the kids are looking for. Besides, CS doesn't have to worry about problems like public school transportation budgets and deciding which old activity bus to take to the game. They've got the funds to make it easier for everyone involved.

Everyone always says just don't schedule them... Well, actually nobody does except for 2 teams. Murphy and Robbinsville. The 2 teams that probably have the most to lose by playing them. But, they've got more rings than they've got fingers out there, so there must be something to it. Who's to question them? Lol.

One more thing that I think gets overlooked is the advantage that CS has by playing a lot of their games on Saturdays. This makes it a lot easier for curious possible high school transfers and college recruiters and analysts to attend.

Finally, I'm curious to see what's going to happen now that the Shuler era is over at CS. Can't wait to see Navy play at App. If you never got to see him play, you missed out. Looks like Heath is wanting to get back into politics now, so I would imagine he'll leave and the head coach can be the head coach again. Lol. No idea what their schedule looks like in 2020.

K, I'm done now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swain97
Everyone always says just don't schedule them... Well, actually nobody does except for 2 teams. Murphy and Robbinsville. The 2 teams that probably have the most to lose by playing them. But, they've got more rings than they've got fingers out there, so there must be something to it. Who's to question them? Lol.

One more thing that I think gets overlooked is the advantage that CS has by playing a lot of their games on Saturdays. This makes it a lot easier for curious possible high school transfers and college recruiters to attend.

Finally, I'm curious to see what's going to happen now that the Shuler era is over at CS. Can't wait to see Navy play at App. If you never got to see him play, you missed out. Looks like Heath is wanting to get back into politics now, so I would imagine he'll leave and the head coach can be the head coach again. Lol. No idea what their schedule looks like in 2020.

K, I'm done now.

I expect the more they play in the coming years the more Christ School will win against Robbinsville and Murphy. The last two seasons are a prime example.

Every college coach is at his team's game on Saturday and would not be at a high school game unless their college team is not playing. The potential CS student athletes would definitely be available and the school can "host recruits."

Bottom line, as long as the NCISAA allows fifth year players athletes will be interested. If they can attend for close to free it completes the package.

Last edited:
I expect the more they play in the coming years the more Christ School will win against Robbinsville and Murphy. The last two seasons are a prime example.

Every college coach is at his team's game on Saturday and would not be at a high school game unless they are playing. The potential CS student athletes would definitely be available and the school can "host recruits."

Bottom line, as long as the NCISAA allows fifth year players athletes will be interested. If they can attend for close to free it completes the package.
I hope we never play them again but I would sure like to had them on the schedule toward the end of this year to see what this Robbinsville team would have done to them.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I hope we never play them again but I would sure like to had them on the schedule toward the end of this year to see what this Robbinsville team would have done to them.
And you may not have liked what you seen either. Lol. Robbinsville definitely wouldn't have finished the year with a perfect record like they did. On a side note... Is Rylee going to play or try to play anywhere at the next level?

Last edited:
but I would sure like to had them on the schedule toward the end of this year to see what this Robbinsville team would have done to them.
Would've been a good game but Christ School wins that one. Robbinsville didn't have the pass defense to consistently stop Christ School's passing game and Christ School had the best defense Murphy saw all season.

Last edited:
Would've been a good game but Christ School wins that one. Robbinsville didn't have the pass defense to consistently stop Christ School's passing game and Christ School had the best defense Murphy saw all season.
Cal preps and Simmons both have Christ winning by a touchdown on a neutral field but it would have been at the Big Oaks so who knows.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Whether you play them or not has nothing to do with it... Cherokee, Franklin, Swain, Reynolds, T.C., The High, Tuscola, N.B., Owen have all lost players to Christ School recently and have not played them. Robbinsville and Murphy have played them and to my knowledge not lost any players to them. So, that theory is completey baseless. It's called the internet and social media. You don't have to break down a secret VHS tape to get an edge anymore. The game is changing and has been elsewhere for a long time, we've just been fortunate that it hasn't happened here yet. But, it's now getting started and it'll never stop.
A Murphy play for baseball did go to Christ school off if state baseball team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT