ADVERTISEMENT

Swain @ Robbinsville

It has to be a forfeit in my opinion

suppose a team cancels all their conference games except 2 of them which they won. Us a 2-0 conference record recorded as a conference champ???
It had better be a forfeit if we cannot find another game. Seems only fair since its conference. I would be saying the same thing if it was Robbinsville. Terrible luck. But dang what else can you do???

Reactions: CherokeeKid
That's really too bad but if you have enough to field a team you should have to play
You obviously don't understand safety concerns that come from a 1a school having to play down that many starters. I would agree with you if it were college or professional, but I see no need in putting kids in that situation. Technically we could have fielded a team a few weeks ago but I don't recall you saying we should play.

You obviously don't understand safety concerns that come from a 1a school having to play down that many starters. I would agree with you if it were college or professional, but I see no need in putting kids in that situation. Technically we could have fielded a team a few weeks ago but I don't recall you saying we should play.
The entire school was closed. We had no choice but not to play. Why did Swain practice today? I understand much more than you think. Suppose it's not covid, but you have 7 or 8 injuries like the Knights did last year. Do you cancel the game? Of course not.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Well being a conference game they can probably get permission from the nchsaa to play on a Monday or like on conference in the Charlotte area are playing their make-up games on Tuesdays read about one school who's scheduled 3 games in 8 days. By rule if a conference game can't be rescheduled its not a forfeit but no-contest.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Suppose a team of 40 players has 4 players out due to covid, 1 player being the starting quarterback. Can the team cancel basically because qb1 is out? They have 36 players left to field a team. There has to be accountability somewhere. This is happening.

I would say because COVID protocols are basically up to each school district with no real broad standards, that they can do pretty much whatever they want to do within their protocols.......so if they dont wanna play bc the QB is out.....they can claim COVID.....and nothing that can be done about it boys.

Our school board shut the school down you idiot, we couldn’t play if we wanted to

The game is still on as of now.
Fingers crossed

Last edited:
Swain won't shut school down because of the mask mandate while at school. That means there are no close contacts while they are at school. I would say the majority of our covid cases are coming from socializing outside of school functions. The fact that robbinsville folks think it should be a forfeit is absurd to me. Reschedule and play when both teams are full force. You can't sit behind your computer screens and tell me the ville would want to play if they were missing 85% of their starting offensive and defensive line. Swain simply does not have enough players to field a team this week. What did Rville do when they didn't have enough to field a team?

Would it also be considered absurd that you would bunch everybody into a narrative that Robbinsville folk think it should be a forfeit because a couple people posted their opinion on a message board? Some want the game played/rescheduled or if not possible just go by whatever rule the state has in place for this case.

Swain won't shut school down because of the mask mandate while at school. That means there are no close contacts while they are at school. I would say the majority of our covid cases are coming from socializing outside of school functions. The fact that robbinsville folks think it should be a forfeit is absurd to me. Reschedule and play when both teams are full force. You can't sit behind your computer screens and tell me the ville would want to play if they were missing 85% of their starting offensive and defensive line. Swain simply does not have enough players to field a team this week. What did Rville do when they didn't have enough to field a team?
I totally understand your point. Robbinsville has not canceled a single game. The school closed for 2 weeks and we were not allowed to play.

We played Brevard anyway is what we did.

Why is Swain practicing yesterday?
You played Brevard, what happened the following monday? How many positive COVID cases resulted from that venture to Brevard? Do you still practice during your weeks without a game? Do you think bye weeks result in no practices at all? Should the kids without COVID or close contact just have to go home and not practice? No they shouldn't. Come on BK, you have more football knowledge that that. You take every opportunity you can to get better every day. Swain has played games without starters due to COVID already, now they do not have enough to play, simple as that.

You played Brevard, what happened the following monday? How many positive COVID cases resulted from that venture to Brevard? Do you still practice during your weeks without a game? Do you think bye weeks result in no practices at all? Should the kids without COVID or close contact just have to go home and not practice? No they shouldn't. Come on BK, you have more football knowledge that that. You take every opportunity you can to get better every day. Swain has played games without starters due to COVID already, now they do not have enough to play, simple as that.
A bye week and a cancel are not the same. Smh

• Haha
Reactions: Cdoc73
So the Swain players without COVID and that are not listed as close contact shouldn't practice?
Didn't say that...you were asking about practice during a bye week. This is not a bye week. Robbinsville has played games this year with players out with covid and others quarantined. The games canceled were because the school closed and had no practice or games in any sport during the two weeks.

Didn't say that...you were asking about practice during a bye week. This is not a bye week. Robbinsville has played games this year with players out with covid and others quarantined. The games canceled were because the school closed and had no practice or games in any sport during the two weeks.
Robbinsville also didn't have a mask mandate in school so they had to shutdown due to close contacts. The football team had 14 positive cases after Brevard. Not bashing them bc of this but that's what it is. Swain won't shut school down. Swain has played games with players out bc of COVID as well. Idk why this is hard to comprehend for you. Playing this week for swain is just not safe. Game will be rescheduled and we will carry on business as usual. You'd think the ville would be fine with that with the team they have and how young swain is.

Robbinsville also didn't have a mask mandate in school so they had to shutdown due to close contacts. The football team had 14 positive cases after Brevard. Not bashing them bc of this but that's what it is. Swain won't shut school down. Swain has played games with players out bc of COVID as well. Idk why this is hard to comprehend for you. Playing this week for swain is just not safe. Game will be rescheduled and we will carry on business as usual. You'd think the ville would be fine with that with the team they have and how young swain is.
We never had 14 positive cases.

Me comprehend? Are you light headed today? Quote me where I said they should be forced to play! You on the other hand was talking about not playing because 85% of your starting line was out...so it's ok to reschedule if starters are out?

By all means I want to play the game. I'm just saying if you have 3 or 4 lineman out and you are still practicing and scrimmaging you should have to play. Robbinsville and Murphy each had 3 lineman out with injuries at various times last year. But they kept playing .
I guess Robbinsville fans are just very frustrated. Robbinsville has not canceled any games but due to school closing 2 weeks and then 2 open weeks back to back its basically felt like we haven't had a season. Our team has delt with covid just as every school in the state has.
Our schedule has been

-Robbinsville vs Asheville ( had some players quarantined)
-Robbinsville vs Brevard ( players quarantined)
-Robbinsville vs MH canceled
-Robbinsville vs Smoky canceled
-Open
-(Open)picked up Lenoir City
-Swain canceled

Me comprehend? Are you light headed today? Quote me where I said they should be forced to play! You on the other hand was talking about not playing because 85% of your starting line was out...so it's ok to reschedule if starters are out?
It is more than just lineman, COVID is very rampant right now and Swain would be without those lineman and more. I suppose it is my fault for using the 85% so my bad. But I assure you it is more than just lineman,

It is more than just lineman, COVID is very rampant right now and Swain would be without those lineman and more. I suppose it is my fault for using the 85% so my bad. But I assure you it is more than just lineman,
Ok. Play with what you have, reschedule if possible, or forfeit.

Assuming Swain expects Robbinsville to schedule this in 2 weeks on Monday when they should preparing for a big game with Murphy? Can you even play Monday if you play Friday before? Robbinsville just can’t seem to get a season even going this year.

I thought you could play on Monday. Other schools are doing it.
Tell me when Robbinsville can reschedule this game.
Monday 3 day after Cherokee and 4 days before Murphy or the Monday 3 days after Murphy and 4 days before Andrews or the Monday 3 days after Andrews and 4 days before Hayesville?.

I don't think we can play the Monday after the regular season final.

I would rathers play it the Monday before the Hayesville game I Guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT