ADVERTISEMENT

Swain @ Robbinsville

I wonder if we tried to call Reynolds or enka… supposedly they had to cancel. Reynolds is super young according to 3a boards and enka is enka

Isn't there an 8 quarter rule where jvs can move up and down?
Yes
Eight Quarter Participation: In emergency or “lack of depth” situations, freshman and/or sophomore
(9th and 10th graders only in 3A & 4A; 1A & 2A schools may use 9th, 10th or 11th graders) junior
varsity football players will be allowed a maximum of 8 quarters per season of “on the field” play as a
varsity football player. Note: Anytime a player participates in 8 quarters of Varsity competition, that
player is no longer eligible to be an 8-quarter player. If the 8 quarter limit is reached during a contest,
that player is immediately ineligible for further participation in that contest.

I wonder if we tried to call Reynolds or enka… supposedly they had to cancel. Reynolds is super young according to 3a boards and enka is enka
Not sure but we will get all we want Friday night facing a 1500 yd passer and a 600 yd rusher

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
Yes but he was talking about SMC so no not in the SMC or Mitchells confrence now.
I assume you're talking about that our conferences have 8th & 9th grade JV instead or a JV like Mitchell had upto this year 9th 10th and 11th was even eligible but I don't see anywhere in the rule that separates the two of course the 8th graders can't play varsity their not in high school yet but it just states the grades and in the case of this rule the 9th graders are eligible for the 8 quarter rule. But while there are sometimes extra good 9th graders that have played varsity games Idoubt any coach would resort to bringing them all up for that, I can see in the other JV configuration using the sophomores that way but like you say in our conferences they're already there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT