ADVERTISEMENT

Swain Program slipping

Asheville has no line but they still have plenty of athletes. I'm surprised they lost to Franklin, especially after they beat Webb from Knoxville by 25. Webb isnt great but they are still better than all the lower tier mountain teams.

Webb's RB has offers from UT and Va Tech and they were in the state finals two years ago. They aren't at the level of some of the really elite teams in that TN private division like CPA or Ensworth, but it is a pretty solid win for Asheville, especially considering the margin. Franklin will be OK, but they will have their hands full with the Mountain Six looking like the toughest league in the mountains top to bottom this year.

I was in Asheville and overheard some people from down yonder taking about that game. The one guy says, “ Is Smoky that good”? The other man says hell no. He says, we looked like we haven’t ever seen a football before. He said we have a kid that’s 6’8 and is lost in the sauce. The first man said damn wonder what’s going on. The second man says, coaches don’t have a clue. Players don’t have a clue. I went on to wonder...what is happening in Swain Co?!

I ain’t over looking them, but dang come on now. 56-6?

A lot of people doubted this team, players and coaches after the Smoky Mountain game. I said it on here after that game. Smoky is not fifty points better than us. This is a talented team. That was just a game that was a perfect storm and it got out of hand when we stopped playing and Smoky left those starters in the entire game. Should have it happened? NO. But payback for that will be coming to SM.
As for someone from down yonder in Asheville talking about our linemen being lost in sauce? Did he look like he was stuck in sauce Friday night? I witnessed Cherokee D Linemen that could not handle our big boy! Did our boys look like they have not seen a football before? We had two sophomores rush for 338 yards.
So whoever your sources were, I hope they read this. This has been a crazy season but now that young kids are gaining experience and confidence things will start to level back out.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
Na they really aren’t . 15000 penalties and terrible play calling prob should of been 21-7 Cherokee first half . I’d prob bet my golf cart if they played again

Swain is better than Cherokee. They certainly just proved it rather easily, according to the in game posts.
So if we get beat and claim to have a bad night we just suck but if swain gets beat by whoever that was just a bad night!?? Ok!! I'm not tha 1 to sit around and say that stupid junk, we got tha beat down and that's about it!! I know 1 thing, I'm gonna start thinkin right now about good excuses to throw out there if we don't make changes over tha next few weeks!!

Reactions: BravesGWY
A lot of people doubted this team, players and coaches after the Smoky Mountain game. I said it on here after that game. Smoky is not fifty points better than us. This is a talented team. That was just a game that was a perfect storm and it got out of hand when we stopped playing and Smoky left those starters in the entire game. Should have it happened? NO. But payback for that will be coming to SM.
As for someone from down yonder in Asheville talking about our linemen being lost in sauce? Did he look like he was stuck in sauce Friday night? I witnessed Cherokee D Linemen that could not handle our big boy! Did our boys look like they have not seen a football before? We had two sophomores rush for 338 yards.
So whoever your sources were, I hope they read this. This has been a crazy season but now that young kids are gaining experience and confidence things will start to level back out.
So Where's tha feller to tell this en that smokey is 50 points better cause tha game showed it!?? I knew swain would be like that comin up here after that last year!! ABC huh swain dad!?? All tha 1s who's graduated and came back home after high school or college have told us what that means, Anybody But Cherokee huh swain dad!?? Funny thing about that is that unz have tha Cherokee kids sayin that!! Haha!! Anyways I guess!!

Murphy and robbinsville are the big dogs in smc. Only way Swain will ever get back to that level is when they start taking half of cherokee team every year, like the old days.

Keep counting Hayesville out those boys like when no one gives them a chance!!!
I'm not counting Hayesville out. They may beat us. Kind of silly to say they " like it when nobody gives them a chance." What do they like about it? They have won one ballgame and it was Copper Basin,who by the way is 0-7..My gosh man.

Reactions: GreyGod623
I'm not counting Hayesville out. They may beat us. Kind of silly to say they " like it when nobody gives them a chance." What do they like about it? They have won one ballgame and it was Copper Basin,who by the way is 0-7..My gosh man.
I was just making a statement that they are trying to turn things around! Don’t get all BKish on us now. All the teams combined that Robbinsville has beaten are 5-21 so what have they proven? That they can’t get a “W” against good teams? And yes I know rabun gap beat Hayesville, so you don’t have to bring that up we all know it. So before you try throwing out that Hayesville has beaten a bad football team remember that is all Robbinsville has beaten also!

Last edited:
all you guys from Robbinsville please don’t get in a peeing contest over football with people that down our program. We don’t and shouldn’t have to defend our program to anyone. If you’ll notice ( please look at previous post ) the people that down us are simply jealous . There are very few programs that are fortunate enough to be called a dynasty, which we were labeled a few years ago at the WNC sports banquet . Again, Knights fan please don’t go “bk ish” I hope we are better than that.

[Q
all you guys from Robbinsville please don’t get in a peeing contest over football with people that down our program. We don’t and shouldn’t have to defend our program to anyone. If you’ll notice ( please look at previous post ) the people that down us are simply jealous . There are very few programs that are fortunate enough to be called a dynasty, which we were labeled a few years ago at the WNC sports banquet . Again, Knights fan please don’t go “bk ish” I hope we are better than that.
BK is a good dood..He's just very passionate about his team. Nothing wrong with that.
NOBODY should have to defend our program though. We do very well with the 350 kids we have each year.
Hayesville,Rosman, Cherokee and Andrews all have the same chance that we do..We are all only a few miles apart as the crow flies.Not sure what it is but there is something special about this place when it is compared to other small schools.. Dynasty?
Yes definitely.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
I have nothing but respect for Coach Walsh and the Robbinsville program! I never said a word about them till the gentle one said that about only beating an 0-7 copper basin ( yes please look back at previous post ) I was at every playoff game y’all had after Hayesville was put out. I am not jealous of what y’all had and will probably have again! I just defend our kids when jack wagons start talking out of their backsides.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
Agreed we should not defend our program.
SMC Records last 5 years
Murphy 52-13
Robbinsville 45-17
Swain 36-24
Cherokee 33-21
Rosman 19-36
Andrews 14-40
Hayesville 12-40

Nothing wrong with defending your student athletes, anyone worth their salt should. Be proud of your jackets brag on then when you can come on here and tell us how many yards or tackles jimmy and joe had on Friday night , you can do all that without mentioning another team. We’re all adults ( I think ) let’s talk football x’s and o’s Injuries, schemes etc. Let’s leave the petty stuff to the 5th graders. Go Knights.

Like I said before I never even mentioned Robbinsville in any of my previous post or any other teams for that matter. I just said they like it when they are underestimated. And then our record got brought into it by gentle (unprovoked I might add) look back at any of my post I don’t talk about kids or other teams and never will!

And we thank you sir. That’s the way it should be. Good luck to your jackets the rest of the season. I know you’ve fought the injury bug since the early part of the season. Like us, every body counts. It’s tough in practice when you don’t have enough to scrimmage but schools our size do what we must. The show goes on.

Murphy is very good but robbinsville would not beat a single team in the mt 6 and neither would Swain or cherokee...yes i realize thats two different classes but robbinsville does play christ school then i think they play stecohah nantahala hiawasse dam blue ridge and highlands as other non conf games...no doubt id pull for the Russians 1st

Murphy is very good but robbinsville would not beat a single team in the mt 6 and neither would Swain or cherokee...yes i realize thats two different classes but robbinsville does play christ school then i think they play stecohah nantahala hiawasse dam blue ridge and highlands as other non conf games...no doubt id pull for the Russians 1st
Listen up son rville would beat east, smokey mtn toss- up. Murphy and mitchell would both win your conf.

You clearly havent watched as much as you claim..actually pisgah beat murphy..and heritage couldnt move ball on pisgah in scrimmage..no way either wins league..murphy lost to pisgah and beat franklin..murphy beats smoky and east and dogfight w hendo and brevard..mitchell beat franklin and would beat east and compete w smoky..

By the way smoky doesnt have an e and its ok to talk civil without sounding like you been hittin the pipe for days

Two of Murphy's best players (starting olb/backup rb) (starting ss) didnt play against Pisgah and a third (starting rb/olb) only played half the game. Murphy played 2 1/2 quarters of the game with their third string rb and two backup outside linebackers. If they were to play again I would like Murphy's chances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT