ADVERTISEMENT

Swain Murphy, let’s do the rest of the board a favor and keep it all in here!

I hope that fumble on Swain's 15 doesn't come back to bite Murphy.

Excuses excuses
Congrats to Coach Gentry on 413, a living legend, enough said. Shoutout to the rest of the coaching staff and of course the players on a gutty and gritty win tonight.

'Dogs overcame a lot of adversity playing without two starting lineman and losing another in the second half, but the boys found a way, showed the heart of a champion tonight.

Good game from Swain, much improved from last season, but no doubt the better team won tonight.

The guy Gentry passed did it in 100 less games. What Gentry did was great but the other guy was awesome too.

I said both did something great. I was just shocked the Holley did it in 100 less games. That seems surreal. Thats like 10 years less. His win percentage will never be topped. Nice jab though keyboard tough guy.

I said both did something great. I was just shocked the Holley did it in 100 less games. That seems surreal. Thats like 10 years less. His win percentage will never be topped. Nice jab though keyboard tough guy.
He's a legit tough guy ... I know him. Unlike you shit bird.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I should've started it by saying congratulations coach Gentry. I'm sorry. Gentry's stamina and drive got him this title. And coaching.

On a side note. This other cat had a crazy win percentage. Over 80%. Thats crazy.

I should've started it by saying congratulations coach Gentry. I'm sorry. Gentry's stamina and drive got him this title. And coaching.

On a side note. This other cat had a crazy win percentage. Over 80%. Thats crazy.
Blah blah blah

I rode up the mountain for this one, great football game, set on the 50 at the top in front of the maroon devil radio crew. Great physical football game. Very impressed by the atmosphere and both teams. Difference in my opinion ( although they threw a int late ) was Murphy being able to throw it around a little. Started walking to the car when swain went up 14-7 late in the 4th , my mistake, didn’t see the dawgs final drive and the ballsy call to go for two , feel me in please. Line play was legit . Congrats coach gentry. I set beside a group of kids that had a football iq higher than most adults . Those kids and fans are what makes tradition and mountain football so special. Most people I’ve ever seen at a high school football game . Fingers crossed I see the devils again, either against my bears or in pilot mtn against the cards

I heard them anounce last nite at Swain they were gonna charge $7 next game because of a fund raiser, is the ticket price not state regulated or am i wrong, can the charge over $6 cause i thought ticket prices were state regulated, insite

I rode up the mountain for this one, great football game, set on the 50 at the top in front of the maroon devil radio crew. Great physical football game. Very impressed by the atmosphere and both teams. Difference in my opinion ( although they threw a int late ) was Murphy being able to throw it around a little. Started walking to the car when swain went up 14-7 late in the 4th , my mistake, didn’t see the dawgs final drive and the ballsy call to go for two , feel me in please. Line play was legit . Congrats coach gentry. I set beside a group of kids that had a football iq higher than most adults . Those kids and fans are what makes tradition and mountain football so special. Most people I’ve ever seen at a high school football game . Fingers crossed I see the devils again, either against my bears or in pilot mtn against the cards

Murphy scored and Swain was offsides on the PAT. That's why Murphy went for 2 at that point. They were lined up to kick it. It was a no-brainer then to go for it.

I wouldn't say the better team won the game though. I would say "a" team won the game.

Reactions: WickedStix9
Murphy scored and Swain was offsides on the PAT. That's why Murphy went for 2 at that point. They were lined up to kick it. It was a no-brainer then to go for it.

I wouldn't say the better team won the game though. I would say "a" team won the game.
Im pretty sure the better team won the game and if you are referring to the refs, don’t forget Murphy had 2 TD’s called back on holding penalties and the flags were flying on both sides. Great game by both teams. Wish I would have been there and congrats coach on the record. Well deserved!

Reactions: Gps62 and mbdfan
I heard them anounce last nite at Swain they were gonna charge $7 next game because of a fund raiser, is the ticket price not state regulated or am i wrong, can the charge over $6 cause i thought ticket prices were state regulated, insite

I thought it was 7 everywhere

I WOULD say the Murphy BULLDOGS won the game. I WOULD say the BETTER team won the game. I WOULD say the BEST coach in NC history broke the record on YOUR home field. I WOULD say the BULLDOGS are now in the drivers seat for ANOTHER SMC CHAMPIONSHIP! I COULD say alot of things but I will just say congratulations on a well fought game and good luck the rest of the season.

I would definitely say better team won , by far better

The second half was evenly played, I wouldn't even argue if you said Swain was a tic better in the second half, but there's no question Murphy outplayed Swain in the first half. Dogs were clearly the better team in that half, the stats and the eye test back that up. Murphy were 1/3 in the red zone in the first half, they really should have been up at least 14-0 going into halftime. The hold they called on Murray's TD run was weak. They looked like they were well on their way to scoring when Dorsey fumbled at the Swain 15 yard line too. Swain on the other hand were a perfect 2/2 in the red zone last night. Had 'Dogs cashed in those two red zone opportunities it never comes down to a late drive or a decision to go for two.

Last edited:
That was two fine football teams last night that left it all on the field and both fought to the last second. A few things. Murray has been on a different level this year. If you get a chance to watch Mugharbils block on the 2pt conversion, do. Hes straight up grown man on that play. Murphy's defense is for real. Murphy still has a TE that can catch, congrats Briggs. Woods pressure on the QB was huge in the last few minutes of the game. Great team effort overall.

I would think yardage and first downs would favor Murphy....Murphy outplayed Swain pretty handily the first half...just my opinion Devils were fortunant to only be down 7.....it was a great game but I think by any meausre Murphy can claim a victory as the better team...but not by much...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT