ADVERTISEMENT

Swain Murphy, let’s do the rest of the board a favor and keep it all in here!

And props to all those from Swain who worked on those signs leading to the school. Loved reading them all. My favorite was " not tonight coach", with the pitchfork thru 413. That's what high school football is all about. What a rivalry!

Last edited:
The better team on a given night is the one that wins. Congrats to Murphy. Big congrats to Gentry! Great accomplishment. If Swain/Murphy played each other all 10 games this year I'd want to see every one and confidently put my money on Swain each time, though i might lose most of it lol.. Great matchup!

As for the reffing, I watched the game on MDN with replays and the reffing wasn't that bad. Swain getting a long play at the goal called back for holding and early calls on Murphy for movement on the line (early on the one kid for Murphy was moving so much i almost wondered if he had Parkinsons , but it was just early game jitters lol) were legit calls . Also the TD called back for Murphy was legit as it could clearly be seen in the replay that the defender was blocked in the back as he reached for the runner rounding the corner. High school kid mistakes happen.

Great game and thankful for technology that lets me watch from sunny Florida on my big screen smart tv with no long bathroom lines and easy access to concessions! But it still ain't the same as being there!;)

Swain getting a long play at the goal called back for holding and early calls on Murphy for movement on the line (early on the one kid for Murphy was moving so much i almost wondered if he had Parkinsons , but it was just early game jitters lol) were legit calls . Also the TD called back for Murphy was legit as it could clearly be seen in the replay that the defender was blocked in the back as he reached for the runner rounding the corner. High school kid mistakes happen the TD called back for Murphy was legit as it could clearly be seen in the replay that the defender was blocked in the back as he reached for the runner rounding the corner.
Yep the false start penalities on McTaggart and the block in the back call on the McCracken catch and run in the 2nd half were legit. Now the hold they called on Dorsey on the Murray TD run in the first half, not so much.

Last edited:
Yep the false start penalities on McTaggart and the block in the back call on the McCracken catch and run in the 2nd half were legit. Now the hold they called on Dorsey on the Murray TD run in the first half, not so much.
Or how bout the receiver ask line judge if he was good , line judge said yes then throws a flag for kid being offsides, eighter ref was bias, or payed off,

Plain and simple....Coach Gentry schooled the entire Swain coaching staff on the extra point and two point conversion attempt. You have to coach your players not to jump offsides on that play. Bad coaching cost them tonight. It was magical watching good vs bad coaching. Fun game all around but especially from the coaching perspective. Have fun at Robbinsville next week Swain

Plain and simple....Coach Gentry schooled the entire Swain coaching staff on the extra point and two point conversion attempt. You have to coach your players not to jump offsides on that play. Bad coaching cost them tonight. It was magical watching good vs bad coaching. Fun game all around but especially from the coaching perspective. Have fun at Robbinsville next week Swain
Man what insight you have contributed to this board! Coach a kid not to jump offside. My mind is blown have you considered going on the road to various clinics and camps to share this idea of yours? This could change the game entirely ladies and gentlemen! Please tell us more of your football wisdom.

Yes I'm sure the swain coaching staff hasn't coached the swain players not to jump off sides...lol

Reactions: Mhsneer
Man what insight you have contributed to this board! Coach a kid not to jump offside. My mind is blown have you considered going on the road to various clinics and camps to share this idea of yours? This could change the game entirely ladies and gentlemen! Please tell us more of your football wisdom.

yeah, this is at least NCAA division 1 level technique for sure!...and you still have to be in the Illuminati to access it...:rolleyes:

yeah, this is at least NCAA division 1 level technique for sure!...and you still have to be in the Illuminati to access it...:rolleyes:
It is revolutionary ideas like this that will help the game evolve to the next level. Next thing you know is they will allow one player to take the ball at the snap and toss it forward to a waiting team mate that has out ran an opposing players. I know that is hardly likely but it would be a fun twist to watch!

;) Apparently, it is a hard concept for Swain to grasp, so a good trip down fundamental lane might be in order.

;) Apparently, it is a hard concept for Swain to grasp, so a good trip down fundamental lane might be in order.
I guess we all feel the need to say something at times...and at times nothing really smart comes forth.
Question...do you really believe that the Swain coaching staff is to blame for the play you are pointing out and somehow it adds to Coach Gentry's genius?

When any coach goes for 2 to win it or lose it , hes gonna get the glory if it works and the blame if it doesnt....just the way it is......with the state record and possible smc championship on the line it was a monster call to go for it....bottom line not many coaches wouldve had the stones to do it but a great coach did..

I guess we all feel the need to say something at times...and at times nothing really smart comes forth.
Question...do you really believe that the Swain coaching staff is to blame for the play you are pointing out and somehow it adds to Coach Gentry's genius?
He's poking the bear, don't pay him any mind. Anyone at that game, Swain or Murphy fan, knows that the game was well coached on both sides and we'll played by the players. The Swain bunch was much improved over last season and our young Murphy team showed that they have a chance to be a special bunch for this season and the next two to come. I'm proud of Coach, his staff and their players. They have had the pressure of the RECORD hanging over them all season. I look for them to play a lot more relaxed and free from here on out.

How many offside penalties did Murphy have as well?

Congratulations to both teams. It was a great game. One for the books. I wouldn't say the better team one, just that in a game like that someone was going to win and someone was going to lose. Good luck both teams moving forward.

When any coach goes for 2 to win it or lose it , hes gonna get the glory if it works and the blame if it doesnt....just the way it is......with the state record and possible smc championship on the line it was a monster call to go for it....bottom line not many coaches wouldve had the stones to do it but a great coach did..
It was a no brainer to go for two after the penalty. Murphy coaches are great but most every coach goes after the penalty from 1 1/2 yard.

Reactions: Swain97
I WOULD say the Murphy BULLDOGS won the game. I WOULD say the BETTER team won the game. I WOULD say the BEST coach in NC history broke the record on YOUR home field. I WOULD say the BULLDOGS are now in the drivers seat for ANOTHER SMC CHAMPIONSHIP! I COULD say alot of things but I will just say congratulations on a well fought game and good luck the rest of the season.
Very well said! Congrats to Legendary Coach David Gentry ! Both teams played great hard nose SMC football! The Big Dogs came to prove something at Swain and they did. A lot of those boys never won at Swain in the football careers!!! Congrats again ! Go Big Dogs !

Reactions: mbdfan
Very well said! Congrats to Legendary Coach David Gentry ! Both teams played great hard nose SMC football! The Big Dogs came to prove something at Swain and they did. A lot of those boys never won at Swain in the football careers!!! Congrats again ! Go Big Dogs !
The sophomore kids won at Swain last season as JV's, but other than that .... no one had.

Congratulations to both teams. It was a great game. One for the books. I wouldn't say the better team one, just that in a game like that someone was going to win and someone was going to lose. Good luck both teams moving forward.
Oh i i would most definitely say it, get ready for next week

Reactions: Gps62

way to coach offsides? What? I don’t understand this one

I WOULD say the Murphy BULLDOGS won the game. I WOULD say the BETTER team won the game. I WOULD say the BEST coach in NC history broke the record on YOUR home field. I WOULD say the BULLDOGS are now in the drivers seat for ANOTHER SMC CHAMPIONSHIP! I COULD say alot of things but I will just say congratulations on a well fought game and good luck the rest of the season.
And I would say that Robbinsville will have a say so with that

And I would say that Robbinsville will have a say so with that
Of course they will, Robbinsville has a very good team. With that said Murphy has the Swain win already in hand and they play Robbinsville at The Hill, so they're in as good of a position as a Murphy fan could hope for at this point, especially given the injuries.

I don't think anyone is counting the Black Knights out. It seems ole BK is counting the 'Dogs and Devils out though, he said yesterday on the other site that the Murphy - Swain game was for 2nd/3rd place... o_O

Of course they will, Robbinsville has a very good team. With that said Murphy has the Swain win already in hand and they play Robbinsville at The Hill, so they're in as good of a position as a Murphy fan could hope for at this point, especially given the injuries.

I don't think anyone is counting the Black Knights out. It seems ole BK is counting the 'Dogs and Devils out though, he said yesterday on the other site that the Murphy - Swain game was for 2nd/3rd place... o_O
Yeah I seen that. Robbinsville will have to bring their A game. Murphy and Swain look very good. Both were hyped up. I expect the same for next week. As far as team speed, I really think Robbinsville has the most team speed. I think if Robbinsville can get the corner on either team they will be a tough out. But Murphy and Swain both looked good turning the rbs into the inside for the most part but hey that’s why they play the game. Who does Murphy have next MBD?

Sorry for the belated congratulations to Murphy and Gentry! Still it was one heck of a game. And for the facts of the matter Murphy controlled the LOS when it counted! Power ball to punch in the two point conversion. SMC football! Still, I don’t think many should count Swain out come playoffs! Tough out and a team not many will want to see. Good luck to the rest of the SMC!

Agreed. Physical games like this one help both teams in playoffs.
Sorry for the belated congratulations to Murphy and Gentry! Still it was one heck of a game. And for the facts of the matter Murphy controlled the LOS when it counted! Power ball to punch in the two point conversion. SMC football! Still, I don’t think many should count Swain out come playoffs! Tough out and a team not many will want to see. Good luck to the rest of the SMC!

Reactions: Gps62
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT