ADVERTISEMENT

Swain County (10-2) @ Bessemer City (7-4)

Swaindad40

Jul 22, 2018
Got to love playoff seeding as the 10-2 Maroon Devils have to travel to Bessemer City with a 7-4 record. Bessemer City finished in a three way tie in their conference so they must have won a coin flip to get a 3 seed. Thoughts on this second round matchup?

I learned the rule on 3 way ties is if one of the schools go small they get a 1 seed...Thomas Jefferson...then the other 2 break ties by head to head. So bessemer City and Thomas Jefferson both got 1 seeds. As far as the game goes I think if sain is healthy swain wins...if not I say bessemer City has a chance.

Yes there are a few on the roster that were on that team. Back then they were Sophmores and freshman. Watched film on Bessemer City last night. 5 and 6 are good athletes. 5 is good between the tackles and 6 is good in space. 4 on defense is a player as well because he reads and reacts well. A few linemen stood out with their ability to stay on blocks. Swain needs to focus on Bessemer City and stopping their run game. Not impressed with their passing game. Their defense is good at keeping big plays at a minimum.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
Someone tell me how BC upset MIC? Did BC have some players missing last night or something that I don’t know about? One final question, how is the young man doing that was carried off the field last night and keep us updated on him! Thanks

BK, you are one H of a Black Knight supporter, but try to stay classy rather that pouring salt in a wound.

You know you can’t use “BK” and “classy” in the same sentence! I gave up on reasoning with him last season but he does make the boards interesting. I always imagine a “Popeye” looking character every time he posts one of his put-downs.

Regarding your earlier question, BC just seems to have the athletes and a game plan to keep things close with MIC. BC seems to get worn out with more physical teams. Good luck next week at Mitchell...should be a real battle!

I will never show class talking about the advantaged. It would help if the advantaged would admit the obvious advantages they have. Wlos said tj replaced last years great QB with another great QB. Wlos doesn't have a clue.

Reactions: Mhsneer
I will never show class talking about the advantaged. It would help if the advantaged would admit the obvious advantages they have. Wlos said tj replaced last years great QB with another great QB. Wlos doesn't have a clue.

“That’s all I can stands, cause I can’t stands no more!”

Someone tell me how BC upset MIC? Did BC have some players missing last night or something that I don’t know about? One final question, how is the young man doing that was carried off the field last night and keep us updated on him! Thanks

Was Burris out that game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT