ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Valley HC Resigns

BlackAndYellowFellow

Mar 6, 2021
“Coach Drew Hackett, head varsity football coach at Sun Valley High School, announced his resignation from the school’s football program today. Hackett, who has been the school’s head coach for the past two seasons, is resigning to focus more time on his family. “We appreciate the time Coach Hackett spent leading the Spartan football program and wish him much success in future coaching endeavors,” said Dr. Mike Harvey, principal of Sun Valley High. The school will begin the search for a new varsity football coach immediately. An interim head coach will be announced for this week’s game.”

Not surprising at all - The writing was on the wall that SV parents and some students didn’t want him there. There was even a small petition to remove him so

Reactions: UNC91
Their middle school team is pretty good, so they have some pieces coming up. But it’s time to be realistic about where their program is right now, play those middle school guys as soon as possible once they get to the high school and rebuild.

Don't see a coach leaving in mid season too many times at the high school level unless there is an HR issue involved. Not implying anything here but leaving to "focus on the family" or "pursue other interests" begs more questions than it answers in any leadership job and Observer article doesn't say if he is staying on to teach for the balance of the year. Coaches in NC also carry a class load so the burden is also double at a high school. While there will always be candidates willing to take a shot at any head coaching position, it can compromise the ability to attract a quality candidate for the position. Northwestern (SC) did it a few years ago for what appears purely wins and losses and the coach stayed on to to teach the balance of the year. Pros and college teams do it as it is driven 100% by major economic motives. Not so much at the high school level. Sad to see on so many levels whatever the circumstances. Sun Valley is proud program that has made some noise in the recent past. Hope they get their ship righted going forward.

Don't see a coach leaving in mid season too many times at the high school level unless there is an HR issue involved. Not implying anything here but leaving to "focus on the family" or "pursue other interests" begs more questions than it answers in any leadership job and Observer article doesn't say if he is staying on to teach for the balance of the year. Coaches in NC also carry a class load so the burden is also double at a high school. While there will always be candidates willing to take a shot at any head coaching position, it can compromise the ability to attract a quality candidate for the position. Northwestern (SC) did it a few years ago for what appears purely wins and losses and the coach stayed on to to teach the balance of the year. Pros and college teams do it as it is driven 100% by major economic motives. Not so much at the high school level. Sad to see on so many levels whatever the circumstances. Sun Valley is proud program that has made some noise in the recent past. Hope they get their ship righted going forward.
I'd agree with this opinion. Barring some kind of immediate serious health issue, the season is for all intents and purposes, halfway finished. If health wasn't the issue, he didn't have a choice in this decision.

Yeah no resignation. He was fired/forced out. Just curious if the parents/admin will take a beating for forcing a coach out and having an online petition? Or is common decency and letting him finish the season? Just curious as if a player quit, or a coach quit they would be lambasted, but its ok to now force coaches out midseaon?

Yeah no resignation. He was fired/forced out. Just curious if the parents/admin will take a beating for forcing a coach out and having an online petition? Or is common decency and letting him finish the season? Just curious as if a player quit, or a coach quit they would be lambasted, but its ok to now force coaches out midseaon?
That would depend entirely on the reason for termination.

Wonder if the next interviewed candidate(s) will be told about the fired/forced out club they are up against....

At the HS level, to be forced out at midseason you would think that you would need to be doing something bad enough that your admin had to take the job. Something like abusing the kids, mishandling money, state rule violations, continious issues that had been adressed before numerous times. If parents brought something like that to light thats one thing. But if its "we dont like the coach" thats BS and its one reason its getting harder and harder to fill and keep people in coaching & AD positions. Once you let parents find out that youll listen to them about stupid stuff, theyll be in charge soon.

Our schools have become waaaay too worried about not making people mad or getting sued or being in the news or who you are when you complain rather than doing the right thing. They are creating their own problems by catering to vocal parents.

I dont know what happened here. it could be legit. Who knows. But regardless of this situation, its gotten crazy out of control throughout the country. You cant even coach or hold kids accountable anymore. Idiocy.

At the HS level, to be forced out at midseason you would think that you would need to be doing something bad enough that your admin had to take the job. Something like abusing the kids, mishandling money, state rule violations, continious issues that had been adressed before numerous times. If parents brought something like that to light thats one thing. But if its "we dont like the coach" thats BS and its one reason its getting harder and harder to fill and keep people in coaching & AD positions. Once you let parents find out that youll listen to them about stupid stuff, theyll be in charge soon.

Our schools have become waaaay too worried about not making people mad or getting sued or being in the news or who you are when you complain rather than doing the right thing. They are creating their own problems by catering to vocal parents.

I dont know what happened here. it could be legit. Who knows. But regardless of this situation, its gotten crazy out of control throughout the country. You cant even coach or hold kids accountable anymore. Idiocy.
Remember, we now live in a sensitive world. If you say something about a female, a race, a nickname, history, etc.....you are bound to go down by the force of the village or video footage all because one person one day, somewhere in America was heard and the ideology was accepted and encouraged.

So because of this, Leaders(lets use an NFL team owner) today must accept what "the victim playa" is sounding off with or else that Leader will go down by the force of rallies, guns, and/or violence if it's not in their favor.

I cant stand adults who promote violence, instill fear, and then play victim all in one package. It's all a psychological game on America and Leaders at all levels!!!!!!

For example:

lets just say a MALE comes up to a FEMALE and sounds off with "BOO" - Todays females will play victim and call out "sexual harassment", when the real story was the MALE was simply playing around and trying to scare her...

or when today's rap music uses "their word" in the song, but when a different race uses it to sing along with the song then there's a fight to break out.....

or the Washington Redskins have had their name printed on logos ever since Benjamin Franklin performed one of the most famous experience - the Kite Experince and found the force of energy, but someone somewhere in America said the right words and it was accepted to change the Redskins.

LOL stupid people

Remember, we now live in a sensitive world. If you say something about a female, a race, a nickname, history, etc.....you are bound to go down by the force of the village or video footage all because one person one day, somewhere in America was heard and the ideology was accepted and encouraged.

So because of this, Leaders(lets use an NFL team owner) today must accept what "the victim playa" is sounding off with or else that Leader will go down by the force of rallies, guns, and/or violence if it's not in their favor.

I cant stand adults who promote violence, instill fear, and then play victim all in one package. It's all a psychological game on America and Leaders at all levels!!!!!!

For example:

lets just say a MALE comes up to a FEMALE and sounds off with "BOO" - Todays females will play victim and call out "sexual harassment", when the real story was the MALE was simply playing around and trying to scare her...

or when today's rap music uses "their word" in the song, but when a different race uses it to sing along with the song then there's a fight to break out.....

or the Washington Redskins have had their name printed on logos ever since Benjamin Franklin performed one of the most famous experience - the Kite Experince and found the force of energy, but someone somewhere in America said the right words and it was accepted to change the Redskins.

LOL stupid people
God your an idiot.

Mr. Ouduckfan
Sir, h
ere we see history and prior to observing these files, I'm thinking it was a simple TYPO, but Durn.............. 👀

I just think the first thing you gotta do is get a QB guy if your USC. Just too many great QB's leaving the state to other Top 10 programs.
Such a terrible decision and the reality is your gonna be scrambling anyways because Covid is gonna make this a mess. Already seeing it in these scrimmages.
This is the world now. It's just a trickle down effect to the HS level. Pro athletes pick their teams, transfer portal at College level. It used to be a handful of the top tier kids moving. Now it's average kids transferring multiple times over 4 years. The fact that some troll thinks this is a Meck County issue just validates what an idiot he is.

As I have said before, if your a HC and you haven't embraced this your never winning more than 5 - 6 games in the big boy conferences. Talent alone doesnt buy you a ring but the lack of talent ensures you won't be getting it.

We talk about Myers Park and Hough alot but take a hard look at the Chambers roster this year. Loaded with tons of transfers. Win and they will come.
They absolutely have the right to make their own decisions about getting vaccinated. However, like most decisions in life they come with consequences.

Slowly but surely your beginning to see the vaccinations starting to kick up. I think the fear factor is moving the needle but beyond that your seeing the private sector mandating it and life will get harder for those individuals who have made their decisions. You'll have hold outs especially in small sections of the country but it will become less and less.
So based on this argument your saying only certain zip codes in certain parts of the city have smart kids or fast/strong ones who jump high?

He may be a idiot..... but he’s a idiot that’s not wrong ON THIS POST 😂😂😂

monophy.gif

Last edited:
He is completely wrong about his take IMHO. Folks today say we live in a sensitive world. Its not sensitive its more knowledgeable. Social norms change but some don't like it because they feel they are losing their grip on what they feel is exclusively theirs. Women dont want to be disrespected, and now stand up for their themselves where in years past many of them had to suffer quietly.

Often hear of a participation trophy society. We are far from it. Most youth leagues and travel/AAU/Elite 7 v7 teams dont do banquets, team outings, trophies, awards; just winners. We don't even recognize conference and division winners in sports its just the champs. A good to great season is looked at as a failure as we only see the championship as the prize. Folks have monetized youth and Highschool sports selling false hopes and dreams to avg. to below avg. players with no chance of making it in college sports. Players take more pride and energy in winning and dancing after the game as a team. Would seem selfish to some, but that's what they like. Winning and dancing as a team afterwards. Bump old stale trophies and medallions sitting collecting dust. Lets win, and have fun. Its a new day.

The Redskins have been an offensive name from the beginning. We just let it go on and on unchecked until it became culture. Even as as child we were taught Cowboys good, Indians bad. Kill the Indians. Never realizing what we were actually being taught. Redskins , Hill billy/Redneck, and Negro/Colored were synonymous terms at one point in American history. But you wouldn't dare see A DC colored's, or Charlotte Rednecks. Its just simply dated. Now give me an opinion poll that says folks didn't find it offensive. Hell if we just took polls as evidence how would America really look?

He is completely wrong about his take IMHO. Folks today say we live in a sensitive world. Its not sensitive its more knowledgeable. Social norms change but some don't like it because they feel they are losing their grip on what they feel is exclusively theirs. Women dont want to be disrespected, and now stand up for their themselves where in years past many of them had to suffer quietly.

Often hear of a participation trophy society. We are far from it. Most youth leagues and travel/AAU/Elite 7 v7 teams dont do banquets, team outings, trophies, awards; just winners. We don't even recognize conference and division winners in sports its just the champs. A good to great season is looked at as a failure as we only see the championship as the prize. Folks have monetized youth and Highschool sports selling false hopes and dreams to avg. to below avg. players with no chance of making it in college sports. Players take more pride and energy in winning and dancing after the game as a team. Would seem selfish to some, but that's what they like. Winning and dancing as a team afterwards. Bump old stale trophies and medallions sitting collecting dust. Lets win, and have fun. Its a new day.

The Redskins have been an offensive name from the beginning. We just let it go on and on unchecked until it became culture. Even as as child we were taught Cowboys good, Indians bad. Kill the Indians. Never realizing what we were actually being taught. Redskins , Hill billy/Redneck, and Negro/Colored were synonymous terms at one point in American history. But you wouldn't dare see A DC colored's, or Charlotte Rednecks. Its just simply dated. Now give me an opinion poll that says folks didn't find it offensive. Hell if we just took polls as evidence how would America really look?
This is laughable!!!!! LOL
This whole life you have lived on this earth all of what was spoken above existed, but not once did you mentioned yourself being offended back then.

Yet, now you are offended with the rest of the stupid people because someone somewhere in America said something, took a knee, voted for a different politician, etc.... So now in you made the cut, joined the team and suddenly you were hit with a virus to think like the sensitive team LOL

Funny!

Last edited:
As with most things, there is truth to both sides. Yes, some things we have acknowledged as wrong that should have been all along. Yet it can also go too far.

I personally was speaking about HS sports, where parent-led revolts and jumping multiple levels of the chain of command without consequence have made coaching a much harder job.

At the same time, if a coach is endangering athletes or constantly doing unethical things, thats one thing. But its turned into lil jimmy aint playing the positiion i want so lets run the coach out.

As with most things, there is truth to both sides. Yes, some things we have acknowledged as wrong that should have been all along. Yet it can also go too far.

I personally was speaking about HS sports, where parent-led revolts and jumping multiple levels of the chain of command without consequence have made coaching a much harder job.

At the same time, if a coach is endangering athletes or constantly doing unethical things, thats one thing. But its turned into lil jimmy aint playing the positiion i want so lets run the coach out.
I agree
And then the weight of the decision is left in the hands of the principal/A.D to make only one choice and that choice will only benefit lil Jimmy - NOT no one else. If so, they will bring rallies, petitions, facebook virals, etc, etc.....

And buddy the Coach WILL resign by the force of one or all of the actions mentioned above...

Stupid people think their lil Jimmy is always qualified. Some people enjoy problems, violence, and hoop & hollering about nonsense....... those exact people have only one way to resolve simple equations and that is through violence....

Last edited:
I agree
And then the weight of the decision is left in the hands of the principal/A.D to make only one choice and that choice will only benefit lil Jimmy - NOT no one else. If so, they will bring rallies, petitions, facebook virals, etc, etc.....

And buddy the Coach WILL resign by the force of one or all of the actions mentioned above...

Stupid people think their lil Jimmy is always qualified. Some people enjoy problems, violence, and hoop & hollering about nonsense....... those exact people have only one way to resolve simple equations and that is through violence....
That's always gone on in highschool sports. Its typically soccer moms or executive dads that do all the fussing and we will fire this coach, or that coach stuff. You know the petition patties. The its not fair for my child card.

That's always gone on in highschool sports. Its typically soccer moms or executive dads that do all the fussing and we will fire this coach, or that coach stuff. You know the petition patties. The its not fair for my child card.
in Football not Futbol

That's why this is troubling. Parents have already had issues, but in this new only winning and only my child's benefit counts society we live in we empower parents by our actions as coaches. Selling false hope, specialization of sports, high transfer rates, social media, and lack of quality family time except for sporting events have created parent monsters. To address parents we have to address coaches first.

• Love
Reactions: S2V2
I’m always gonna say WASHINGTON REDSKINS…I wouldn’t give two shits if a school or professional team wanted to be called the FIGHTING WHITIES…it wouldn’t offend me one bit

Let me add this to the mix. If you are going to play at the highest level, then you should present yourself as a professional.

Why is it that I see parents, uncles, brothers, nephews exposing such habit to the public without no shame and teaching kids such manners.

This tells a lot about you as a person and whether you know it or not people are watching.

This right here has an effect on your resume as an athlete dressed in such a way. I am not saying all athletes do it, but I have seen the best of the best walking around looking out of hand.

This is not how a D1 should carry himself. And yes I have seen outstanding D1's dress like this and it is very unprofessional. It is unprofessional as an athlete and not right as a general citizen. It does not set the example.

I blame the parents who allow this in their home. It attracts violence and enemies. Lets not forget the gun on the belt loop......... it adds to the fashion that attracts more fuel!

Parents shouldn't support it and better yet come even close to dressing the same way. This is not ok. I'll let the preacher explain it....

Last edited:
Reactions: FBallGuy82
I think the issue is there are some truly offensive things that happen... and then there is a culture that has developed of those who are professionally offended. They even teach how to be offended at school and have built safe zones for the fragile.

Bad manners are not going away...no matter how much you reclassify what is bad manners to terribly offensive. ...it just dilutes what is truly offensive from being taken with the serious consideration it deserves.

I think the issue is there are some truly offensive things that happen... and then there is a culture that has developed of those who are professionally offended. They even teach how to be offended at school and have built safe zones for the fragile.

Bad manners are not going away...no matter how much you reclassify what is bad manners to terribly offensive. ...it just dilutes what is truly offensive from being taken with the serious consideration it deserves.
Are you referring to this?

I’m always gonna say WASHINGTON REDSKINS…I wouldn’t give two shits if a school or professional team wanted to be called the FIGHTING WHITIES…it wouldn’t offend me one bit
One person voiced an opinion and it suddenly went so viral, it woke up the dead then dies again. Look at the Knee Gig - It's Gone................... Wonder how many more year it will be before another gig pops up

Everyone is back to standing up.

Last edited:

You better watch out dude, I made the exact same point before the season started on a thread and was shut down. Removed. Canceled, the cancel culture will get ya. Even if you are correct.

Reactions: UNC91 and S2V2

You better watch out dude, I made the exact same point before the season started on a thread and was shut down. Removed. Canceled, the cancel culture will get ya. Even if you are correct.
Goodness, are you straight-up stupid as hell.

Some people encourage other to make up their own rule. They can talk all the trash about you, your team, or the history of the school, but when the table turns, then it becomes a major catastrophic, you are called names, you become the worse person..................as if they have never done or said anything out of the ordinary.

Stupid culture

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT