ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount @ West Montgomery

I'm just wondering if the WM punter having an off night, didn't play a big part in Edding's decision to call for the fake punt.

Buddy rich that was mentioned about the punter averaging 14 yards a punt up until that point. But pudge says WM just didnt respect SM. In the newspaper eddins was quoted as saying he would do it again 100 out of 100 times. I doubt he regretted the call. Im sure if the punter was bombing punts the call may have been different. I guess we will never know. Unless pudge has guts enough to call coach himself which i doubt.

One last question and I will let this go. How many yds did WM have to go for a first down?

Originally posted by falconhank:
Buddy rich that was mentioned about the punter averaging 14 yards a punt up until that point. But pudge says WM just didnt respect SM. In the newspaper eddins was quoted as saying he would do it again 100 out of 100 times. I doubt he regretted the call. Im sure if the punter was bombing punts the call may have been different. I guess we will never know. Unless pudge has guts enough to call coach himself which i doubt.
The guts to call the coach? That happens a lot down your way, fans of opposing teams calling coaches to discuss calls? What was he gonna say...."Sorry WM community, I rolled the dice and it didn't turn out so good but know I'd do it again even though it got us beat. Heck, it might just work next time!"

I'm not trying to stir things up but the game changed when that play happened.I was on the WM side and it was plain to see that Starmount was a different team after that and I think the next possession was when they picked off that pass and went ahead.I thought both teams played hard but Starmount looked like they wanted it more.

Js that is incorrect the first inteception happened in the 4th quarter with about 6 minutes left and starmount already had a 24-21 lead. West stopped starmount blocked the punt and drove down to take the lead 28-24. I would say they had the momentum at that point so the fake punt was long behind them. The lead was short lived though as #11 the for starmount took a jet sweep around right side for about 60 to take the lead back. It was a great game with many twists and turns so i wouldnt say 1 certain play won or lost game for either team. Pudge good luck to your team this week I will be pulling for starmount i enjoyed seeing them play. I look forward to the analysis of the game afterwards.

Falcon for a guy who, " just showed up from Rowan county to watch a game" u have too many stats at hand. I'm gonna call your bluff and say you are on WM staff probably a stat guy! Not just overall stats but finite stats that shows progression throughout the game. Who u r doesn't matter and all that other crap doesn't matter. Starmount won the game by a field goal ironically a special teams play!

Hey js you going to Starmount this coming Friday. I have been there twice and lost both times. I'm done with that place. lol

Just another fan 46 not even close but good try lol. I just remember it how it went but i could be wrong.

I don't think I have ever heard a fan of a winning team arguing so vehemently that they should have lost.

Hank just speculating all your stats semm to be dead on. I'm a ns guy but love football and came to support the YVC. The fake punt wasn't that big a deal took the lead late on 4 th qtr and let 11 take it to the house. Believe seniors on Starmount just wanted it more. Wm will be back next year and if they aren't the #1 team in 1a to start the season somethong is wrong.

I won't knock our guys and say we should've lost but we sure did get a lot of help from West Montgomeryand getting our mojo back

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT