ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount @ West Montgomery

Originally posted by MA BEARMAN:
Stm had weak road to this rd. I think will be over at halftime! I mean no disrespect to Stm!
I admire the boldness of this statement! We shall see if WM is indeed capable of simply imposing their will on the Rams! It's only happened a few times in 35 years!

Originally posted by MA BEARMAN:
Stm had weak road to this rd. I think will be over at halftime! I mean no disrespect to Stm!
I think you said you were quitting and not posting again? You should try TOS.... flamers like you are running the show. You should apply for a staff position. Enjoy basketball season......

WM has respect for Starmount. WM is probably the youngest team left in the 1AA playoffs. Starmount is SR. heavy from what I have seen and heard. Should be a good game.

Buddy you are correct. Rams posters do not brag about our team, we just let the players talk on the field on Friday nights.

If all Starmount can do is run, run, run, then I see a loss, loss, loss. Offensively, success may come in the first half against the Warriors, but as has been the case all year, they will come out in the second half, punch you in the mouth, tie you down to the ground, and proceed to force you to listen to "Hail the the Warriors" over and over until they have beaten you by--in this case--I predict 20.

Then you get to limp home, shower, gulp down some Alca-Seltzer, and fall to sleep to the tune of "Hail to the Warriors. . . "

Saw West Montgomery, Starmount, and South Iredell this yaer....South downed the Rams, and West would easily run through the Vikings. If West plays four solid quarters, there's no way Starmount can keep up with the points the Warriors will put up; nonetheless, good luck to all.
This post was edited on 11/25 10:58 AM by NM88

Stm no team speed! They run a lot of miss direction and u better stay in your lanes! They are much improved since the loss to MA! Playoffs were easy teams!I'm pulling for the Rams but don't think they will have enough team speed for WM!

Should the Rams even show up ? Seems there is a general consensus that they are few in numbers ( fact ) slow with no speed...If WM could easily run through South Iredell then Starmount has no chance...OH how I LOVE an UNDERDOG
smile.r191677.gif

You will notice the people saying this will be a blowout generally do not have WM or Warriors anywhere in their name. You have the full respect of the Warriors.

On a separate note to the WM fans, noticed in the write-up this week that Jackson Dozier just set the all-time season record for TD passes at WM with number 20. I think he has like 3 ints. That is pretty remarkable and not bad for a sophomore that some questioned if he was the one earlier in the year. He don't have to be Capel or Drake, he is doing a great job of being Jackson Dozier. Win or lose, this is truly a team to be proud of.

Starmount usually travels well. Does West Montgomery have any additional seating that they plan on bringing in? If our band comes (they usually do), will take over half of the bleachers.

No place to put extra bleachers except the endzone or above the existing stands. Go to WM website and I think you can see the visiting bleachers; could be wrong. I sat with the WM folks last Friday and had plenty of room around me; maybe I had BO.

I've seen the photos. Starmount had more fans at Bessemer City than the home team. Some stayed home and listened to the game on WIFM. They will be broadcasting again this week...from what I have been told on the visitor's side.

Looking at the map.....is there a visitor parking lot?
This post was edited on 11/25 4:34 PM by Deana_King

Originally posted by Deana_King:
I've seen the photos. Starmount had more fans at Bessemer City than the home team. Some stayed home and listened to the game on WIFM. They will be broadcasting again this week...from what I have been told on the visitor's side.

Looking at the map.....is there a visitor parking lot?
This post was edited on 11/25 4:34 PM by Deana_King
You're right Deanna, WIFM will be broadcasting the game.

No visitors parking lot or any extra bleachers. Swain brought a huge crowd last year and seemed to have plenty of room. The visitors side does have its own restrooms thanks to Hurley's Port-O-Johns! Then again,the only thing glamorous at West Montgomery is the Football Program, atleast they better be Friday! lol The field is slick and the grass is dead, but thats how it is when its abused weekly! Dont forget to try the Pork Loin Sandwiches! They are awesome! Just ask WMFootballFanatic! lol

WIFM will broadcasting the game again, ignoring Alleghany. They will be very disappointed when West Montgomery wins by at least 21 pts.

Originally posted by KW23:
WIFM will broadcasting the game again, ignoring Alleghany. They will be very disappointed when West Montgomery wins by at least 21 pts.
Can you get WIFM in Sparta?

Enjoyed my experience down there last week, and heading back again for this one.

Anyone know of a good hole-in-the-wall type restaurant between Mount Gilead and Troy that I should check out?

There really is nothing between Troy and Mt. Gilead BWN. If you come through Troy I would suggest Hometown Barbecue. on 24/27 If you come in through Mt. Gilead, I would suggest the Burger Shack on 109. Either one is only 5-6 miles from the school.

Won't be much longer! Can't wait to see if these Warriors can make it to the next round! They will be prepared for sure. They just need to execute! They need 4 strong quarters! Time for these guys to "Finish The Job!"

War Party at the Big Spear at 7:30. Calling all Warriors. All our YVC brothers and sisters are welcome tonight as well. Safe travels and hard-nosed, injury-free football for everyone tonight.

There is a herd of Orange and Blue headed south for a few hours. GATA RAMS!!!

Think Walkerton was a tougher match up for WM simply because of numbers. If Starmount can control the ball and time of possession it will be a good game

Not sure what our play calling was all about but it is what it is. Anyway, I think our guys made it farther than expected when the season started. Starmount better enjoy their win because it will be over next week. Swain will beat the brakes off of that team.

Certainly a winnable game for wm but what's done is done. Good luck vs Swain. Should be a great game.........

A great battle between 2 very good teams. They made one more play than we did and deserved the victory. Hats off to them and good luck next week.

Hey, yall almost got beat by a bunch of Sophmores and Juniors! Have a safe trip home! Come back and see us!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT