ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount @ Avery

Good luck cards, you’ve been fun all year. Seriously good luck to East, I hope we get there and I hope we beat the snot out of them. If not, win the west.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Max Preps has him as 5’9 190 and he is a Senior .That’s a big statement to say he is one of the best RBs in the state. With the WR MA last year that was so highly rated you would think colleges would of noticed him.

I'm sure his size has a lot to do with it. I'm also sure he was overshadowed last year by Greene. I'm not saying he is one of the best in the state. Just saying he could be. Pound for pound if anything. There is an argument for several backs in the state and it's a hard arguement to make with anyone.

Good luck cards, you’ve been fun all year. Seriously good luck to East, I hope we get there and I hope we beat the snot out of them. If not, win the west.

Heck you guys and ES almost have me to the point of hoping MIC beats the snot out of everyone o_O

I'm sure his size has a lot to do with it. I'm also sure he was overshadowed last year by Greene. I'm not saying he is one of the best in the state. Just saying he could be. Pound for pound if anything. There is an argument for several backs in the state and it's a hard arguement to make with anyone.

Understand what you are saying. I think people get caught up when they see a kid have a good high school career or a great year.You got remember how many kids across the country or state that put the same numbers up.

Understand what you are saying. I think people get caught up when they see a kid have a good high school career or a great year.You got remember how many kids across the country or state that put the same numbers up.

He is top 20 in the state in rushing yards it looks like.

Heck if you’re going there just jump on the Mitchell wagon. We’re slow, play nobody, no 4.4 division 1 prospects. But we’re tough, serve good bbque, and we have a very annoying ‘ yehaw” every time we do anything!

As long as you have one of them licker stills up there somewhere.

Reactions: WHChoops
Lol the annoying yehaw should have been enough with the free moonshine. Now you’re stuck with mics cause apparently East has it all already. You would have looked good in purple

Reactions: Mhsneer
Lol the annoying yehaw should have been enough with the free moonshine. Now you’re stuck with mics cause apparently East has it all already. You would have looked good in purple

Idk man those yehaws can get kinda scurry sometimes. If Mitchell makes it to Pilot I'll be there and will sit on the visitor side as I normally do. Might even wear some purple.

Idk man those yehaws can get kinda scurry sometimes. If Mitchell makes it to Pilot I'll be there and will sit on the visitor side as I normally do. Might even wear some purple.
Those yehaws drive me nuts. I’ll record one and send it to you. If we make it to pilot I’ll try to find you, buy you some popcorn or a grape( purple) blow pop. Lol

As far as the Avery - Starmount game I would have to pick Avery. Mountain Valley doesn't appear to be a strong conference which why I'd say Polk beats East Wilkes as well.
As far as all the talk here an other threads about Mitchell and East Surry I'm really more concerned about just getting to the West regional for now.. Mitchell will have to win two tough games to get there.
As far as all the talk about speed and WR's, RB's and QB' it's not always the case that mountain teams are big and slow , last year Mitchell had probably the fastest receiver in the state in 1A since he won the state championship in the 400 dash two years in a row along with other receivers who were pretty fast and a quick QB. Still lost though.
Were any of these games are going to be won or lost will be with the lineman, I've seen in the past and this year teams that has really good skilled players but they're line was suspect. At the same time that D line got to contain those quick RB's tackle well and not let them in the open field and not give the QB time to pass and contain him in the backfield if he's a good runner.

By the way any of you Mitchell guys thinking of going to go Avery and watch this game?

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
If you are wanting to see something different the Hampton,TN game has a chance to be a real good one. They play at home.

Well I probably won't go to ether, my family doesn't like me going to away games by myself. I have a screwed up back and among several other things wrong with it scar tissue is wrapped around and attached to my left leg's sciatic nerve so sometimes it stops working and they're afraid I'll get somewhere and have problems. But sometimes I still go and get fussed at lol.

Well I probably won't go to ether, my family doesn't like me going to away games by myself. I have a screwed up back and among several other things wrong with it scar tissue is wrapped around and attached to my left leg's sciatic nerve so sometimes it stops working and they're afraid I'll get somewhere and have problems. But sometimes I still go and get fussed at lol.

Well Cloudland isn’t about 15 mins from Avery and they play at home. You could come watch my son play.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Mitchell will bring a good game to ES. They really will be the only opposition that thinks they can play with ES. Mt.Airy and their die-hards fans were beaten before they even got off the bus.

Heck if you’re going there just jump on the Mitchell wagon. We’re slow, play nobody, no 4.4 division 1 prospects. But we’re tough, serve good bbque!
Never had any good BBQ in the mountains.....

Mitchell will bring a good game to ES. They really will be the only opposition that thinks they can play with ES. Mt.Airy and their die-hards fans were beaten before they even got off the bus.
I'm telling you, East Surry is the favorite, but there are several teams that can knock them off their perch. Polk has a 200 win coach that can be one of the most frustrating play callers to play against, Swain, no matter what, plays good in the post season. Hell, even MICmouse has the athletes to counter East Surry, just the coaching is suspect. And don't be overlooking Mount Airy. Rivals can and will beat you even when they shouldnt...

Back to Starmount vs Avery game....Starmount started off 3-1 and then the wheels feel off with a loss to Elkin.

Starmount doesn’t have that typical power running back that we are used to having so the Rams pass 75% of the time now.

QB Dezern has passed for almost 2500 yards (school record)

ATH Swaim is the team’s best player. He plays RB/WR/LB

WR/DB Wiles May become the first Ram to ever have 1000 yards receiving.

The Rams are a Jekyll and Hyde team, so you don’t know which team you going to see.

Back to Starmount vs Avery game....Starmount started off 3-1 and then the wheels feel off with a loss to Elkin.

Starmount doesn’t have that typical power running back that we are used to having so the Rams pass 75% of the time now.

The Rams are a Jekyll and Hyde team, so you don’t know which team you going to see.

So there will be over 5,000 yards of QB passing yards. Avery QB is close 3,000 yards on the year. With about 4 WR with the same amount of receiving yards.

How many yards does 2nd on that passing list have? Crazy to think of the Rams throwing the ball.

Avery and Starmount if not in how they faired in common opponents they look a lot alike in other ways. Both are passing teams , Avery average around 31 points per game and Starmount 26, but Avery allows 28 points per game Starmount 27, so nether seem to have a stellar defense, in two loses Avery put up over 500 yards of offence in the Owen game 578 yards but still lost by 30, one big problem I saw against Mitchell defensively was poor tackling. Avery QB has thrown for 2852 yard and Starmount 2428 , I haven't seen the Starmount QB but I know if they can't put pressure on Hoilman then they better put up some points. With these defenses probably be a score at least in the 30's or more.

Avery and Starmount if not in how they faired in common opponents they look a lot alike in other ways. Both are passing teams , Avery average around 31 points per game and Starmount 26, but Avery allows 28 points per game Starmount 27, so nether seem to have a stellar defense, in two loses Avery put up over 500 yards of offence in the Owen game 578 yards but still lost by 30, one big problem I saw against Mitchell defensively was poor tackling. Avery QB has thrown for 2852 yard and Starmount 2428 , I haven't seen the Starmount QB but I know if they can't put pressure on Hoilman then they better put up some points. With these defenses probably be a score at least in the 30's or more.

One game this year Avery ran 91 plays. This game might last till midnight.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT