ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount @ Avery

Mitchell county mountie

Aug 27, 2015
Who y'all got? Avery is improved from the last several seasons, and Starmount is in a downward skid. Will Starmount have enough athletes to stop avery's relentless passing attack? Can Avery hold its own in the trenches, or will the Rams push them around all night?

Who y'all got? Avery is improved from the last several seasons, and Starmount is in a downward skid. Will Starmount have enough athletes to stop avery's relentless passing attack? Can Avery hold its own in the trenches, or will the Rams push them around all night?

They have 3 common opponents. Both beat West Wilkes Starmount won 41-18 Avery won 51-6. Starmount lost to Ashe County 52-14 Avery won 53-33. Starmount lost to North Wilkes 31-28 Avery won 42-7. So one would think Avery would have the edge in this game especially being at home.

Avery will roll. Starmount has thrown in the towel. They have way more talent than their record shows, but they don’t have the toughness to get it done. It’s basketball season in Boonville.

EW has to score 40 pts to win games. Their defense has improved over the last 4 or 5 games...but they still get beat by BIG PLAYS..and grind it out type teams. They do have good chemistry in the backfield and a trackstar type athlete in the backfield that has speed to burn. Unfortunately the defense puts so much pressure on the offense..that against a decent team it will be too much to overcome......Polk 36 EW 20

Last edited:
Starmount has been up and down and sideways all year. They have talent and I would like to see them get the train back on the tracks. Good luck to Starmount in the playoffs.

I think Avery wins by at least 2 scores. I think the Rams have packed it in. Not sure what happened to them.

“Mitchell has more than enough to beat East”. Combine Starmount and Mitchell and you couldn’t get within 30 of East Surry this year.

If Avery wins and starmount beat mt airy then Mitchell has more than enough to beat East.

Dude Starmount has went all to heck since that game. You can't come up with a legit argument by that logic. East Surry crushed Mount Airy. Mount Airy would beat Starmount by 3 scores at this point.

Dude Starmount has went all to heck since that game. You can't come up with a legit argument by that logic. East Surry crushed Mount Airy. Mount Airy would beat Starmount by 3 scores at this point.
Well mount airy fans said they left points on the field, and apparently your crushed doesn’t hold up to mine, but I can understand that. We hold crushed at a higher level than you lowlanders.

Really cause my logic of Avery beating starmount will kinda let us know what East or mt is bringing is pretty good logic. That’s ‘if” they do.

No it won't. By this logic App would beat Georgia since USC beat Georgia and App beat USC and they could hang with Clemson because they beat UNC who almost beat Clemson. See how stupid that sounds? And btw East Surry hammered Starmount.

No it won't. By this logic App would beat Georgia since USC beat Georgia and App beat USC and they could hang with Clemson because they beat UNC who almost beat Clemson. See how stupid that sounds? And btw East Surry hammered Starmount.

I looked at Calpreps and Massey ratings and they both having if being a 7 point game 35 ES and 28 Mitchell. So you never know it might be a close game if they take care of business and meet.

I looked at Calpreps and Massey ratings and they both having if being a 7 point game 35 ES and 28 Mitchell. So you never know it might be a close game if they take care of business and meet.

You're right you never know. That's why you play the game. But common opponents don't always tell you how a game is going to unfold.

But they didn’t hammer mt. And no ones saying anyone in the west beats east, I just don’t think East cakewalks it. So If I’m an app fan and we beat usc and usc beat Georgia am I thinking we have a chance to beat Georgia?Damn right!

You're right you never know. That's why you play the game. But common opponents don't always tell you how a game is going to unfold.

Really though what is the RB name for MA. Does he have any offers from any schools. It’s not a shot. To me that’s one of the best things about high school football is the recruiting part.

Jonathan Smith. Really good back. i think he’s just a jr but I might be wrong.

But they didn’t hammer mt. And no ones saying anyone in the west beats east, I just don’t think East cakewalks it. So If I’m an app fan and we beat usc and usc beat Georgia am I thinking we have a chance to beat Georgia?Damn right!

I mean they beat them by 32. That's pretty much a thumping. I know Mayberry fumbled a few times and what not but still.

Now do I think App could play with Georgia and beat them? Absolutely. But realistically can they? I wouldn't think so.

East Surry won't cakewalk in the playoffs like they did in the regular season. Unless they have an off night or injuries I just don't see them being in trouble. That's not to say they won't.

Really though what is the RB name for MA. Does he have any offers from any schools. It’s not a shot. To me that’s one of the best things about high school football is the recruiting part.

Offers I don't know. I've just seen him play a few times and he is electric.

I mean they beat them by 32. That's pretty much a thumping. I know Mayberry fumbled a few times and what not but still.

Now do I think App could play with Georgia and beat them? Absolutely. But realistically can they? I wouldn't think so.

East Surry won't cakewalk in the playoffs like they did in the regular season. Unless they have an off night or injuries I just don't see them being in trouble. That's not to say they won't.
So East beats mt by 32, starmount beats mt, Mitchell running clocks Avery. You don’t think the starmount Avery game indicates how weak your conference might be?

So East beats mt by 32, starmount beats mt, Mitchell running clocks Avery. You don’t think the starmount Avery game indicates how weak your conference might be?

We all know the NWC and MVAC are weak. However like I said Starmount went straight south after beating Mount Airy. This was the Starmount team that went to the western finals last year idk what happened to them after that 1st win. Mount Airy got better throughout the year. I just don't think that's a good measure of how Mitchell and East Surry would stack up.

We all know the NWC and MVAC are weak. However like I said Starmount went straight south after beating Mount Airy. This was the Starmount team that went to the western finals last year idk what happened to them after that 1st win. Mount Airy got better throughout the year. I just don't think that's a good measure of how Mitchell and East Surry would stack up.
Maybe not, but if Avery beats starmount( and no matter how south starmount went) the only team in the NWC placing in the top 4 in the WHC is East. And they might have won it all but it wouldn’t have been easy.

He is as talented as anyone doesn’t have many looks as far as I know he’s only about 5’6-7 which hurts him in college coaches eyes.

How can you say East didn’t hammer MA. if Mitchell beat a team 42-10 y’all would consider that a blowout but because it’s East Surry your trying to downplay them in your minds every way you can. It’s almost like your having a hard time convincing yourselves that you can hang.

How can you say East didn’t hammer MA. if Mitchell beat a team 42-10 y’all would consider that a blowout but because it’s East Surry your trying to downplay them in your minds every way you can. It’s almost like your having a hard time convincing yourselves that you can hang.
No we consider a blowout if that’s the halftime score. We’re not trying to downplay, just trying to see how we stack up. That’s kinda common come playoffs.

No we consider a blowout if that’s the halftime score. We’re not trying to downplay, just trying to see how we stack up. That’s kinda common come playoffs.
Well it’s simple you will be able to move the ball on the ground but cannot settle for FGs and will have to score every time you get the ball.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
He is as talented as anyone doesn’t have many looks as far as I know he’s only about 5’6-7 which hurts him in college coaches eyes.

Max Preps has him as 5’9 190 and he is a Senior .That’s a big statement to say he is one of the best RBs in the state. With the WR MA last year that was so highly rated you would think colleges would of noticed him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT