ADVERTISEMENT

Spring sports suspension extended

Requiring someone to buy something is totalitarian. It was an extra tax for my family. Insurance cost went up nearly a thousand a month. Maybe you can afford that, but I had to get a partime job to pay kids insurance. All the while if my wife would’ve quit her job we’d have paid a third of that
Car insurance?

In what way?

obamacare places value on your life. The older you get the less valuable you are. If you need certain procedures to live and your old you go to the back of the list. It created a need for hospitalists rather than your primary care dr. Because your pcp has a relationship with you and may not be able to make those tough “choices”. It lowered the money paid out for certain procedures or services such as hospice and home health. So now hospitals, home health organizations and other essential services operate with a skeleton staff, with fewer resources. It made you a number on paper rather than a patient. A one payer system would’ve been better than Obamacare. Anything would’ve beaten Obamacare.

obamacare places value on your life. The older you get the less valuable you are. If you need certain procedures to live and your old you go to the back of the list. It created a need for hospitalists rather than your primary care dr. Because your pcp has a relationship with you and may not be able to make those tough “choices”. It lowered the money paid out for certain procedures or services such as hospice and home health. So now hospitals, home health organizations and other essential services operate with a skeleton staff, with fewer resources. It made you a number on paper rather than a patient. A one payer system would’ve been better than Obamacare. Anything would’ve beaten Obamacare.
You raise some valid concerns, though in my area, hospitalists have been the norm for twenty years....long before Obama.
On the flip side, removing the preexisting conditions clause may be the best thing in healthcare in my lifetime.
The ACA is far from perfect. But, I believe that before it was watered down, it was superior to what existed before.
A single payer system may be the only real solution. But that wouldn’t have passed Congress ten years ago, and won’t now.
I just believe that everyone should have access to the same level of healthcare regardless of their wealth status. To me, that is more a right than many others we hold dear.
Pretty hard to have life, liberty and happiness when you die because you can’t get the care that Congress can get.

Reactions: Mhsneer and btango
Actually you do not have to buy car insurance for your cars by law. By law you only have to have general liability to protect other people's property from your screw ups if you choose to drive on public roads and it is a choice. Not totalitarian just common since.

Actually you do not have to buy car insurance for your cars by law. By law you only have to have general liability to protect other people's property from your screw ups if you choose to drive on public roads and it is a choice. Not totalitarian just common since.

Having health insurance is also common sense. Irresponsible to not have it because others will end up paying for “your screw up” of not being insured. Thus the principle behind the mandate of the ACA.

You raise some valid concerns, though in my area, hospitalists have been the norm for twenty years....long before Obama.
On the flip side, removing the preexisting conditions clause may be the best thing in healthcare in my lifetime.
The ACA is far from perfect. But, I believe that before it was watered down, it was superior to what existed before.
A single payer system may be the only real solution. But that wouldn’t have passed Congress ten years ago, and won’t now.
I just believe that everyone should have access to the same level of healthcare regardless of their wealth status. To me, that is more a right than many others we hold dear.
Pretty hard to have life, liberty and happiness when you die because you can’t get the care that Congress can get.
Congress could give every American the same quality insurance that they give themselves. Also, they should stop giving themselves a raise when they want it. It should be voted on by the people that pay them. Wouldn't it be nice if we could give ourselves a raise when we wanted it. Oh, and we need term limits put on the ballot.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Having health insurance is also common sense. Irresponsible to not have it because others will end up paying for “your screw up” of not being insured. Thus the principle behind the mandate of the ACA.

In principal yes, in application it killed middle class workers. Insurance premiums have been inflated to the point you can’t pay em. Greed and malpractice suits have destroyed health care in the USA

In principal yes, in application it killed middle class workers. Insurance premiums have been inflated to the point you can’t pay em. Greed and malpractice suits have destroyed health care in the USA
Now we’re getting to the point. It’s not the ACA, but insurance companies and the greed in the healthcare industry that created the problem. And the incremental stripping of the original intent.

Don’t know for sure until the Governor’s 2pm press conference today, but I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t extend the stay at home order another thirty days, until the end of May. That’s based on a recent study by Duke, UNC, Baptist Hospital, the state health department and Blue Cross. That’s their recommendation. We’ll know shortly.

The Governor stopped short of extending the stay at home order for now. Will be issuing new mandates later this week to order retailers to use specific measures to ensure social distancing, including maximum capacity of shoppers, based on percentage of occupancy count.

The Governor stopped short of extending the stay at home order for now. Will be issuing new mandates later this week to order retailers to use specific measures to ensure social distancing, including maximum capacity of shoppers, based on percentage of occupancy count.
On a lighter side OC, I had to go to grocery store. I went to Walmart Grocery (not the big Walmart), they are already limiting the number inside. Guess I picked a good time, no line, man was it nice to shop without a crowd. I could run up and down the aisles.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
On a lighter side OC, I had to go to grocery store. I went to Walmart Grocery (not the big Walmart), they are already limiting the number inside. Guess I picked a good time, no line, man was it nice to shop without a crowd. I could run up and down the aisles.
Might be the only time I’d visit Wally World. Let me guess. Self checkout only

Actually you had both options.
Wow! I just knew they’d use this situation as an excuse to go high tech and get us used to eliminating people’s jobs. Drives me nuts. 32 checkout lanes and two open with cashiers.
Glad to see they’re being helpful.

Actually you had both options.
I have been there 6 times in 2 weeks looking for hand sanitizer and face masks. None to be found. Probably catch the virus trying to find protection. I have someone making me a mask, I hope it is not too late. This has been worse than a nightmare ! Prayers for everyone and hope all are here if we have a football season.

Reactions: ocdavis31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT