ADVERTISEMENT

**Spartanburg Wins Blazing 7 on 7 **

For something that means nothing, there sure are a lot of top programs that
compete in them. They only mean something when your team wins them :).
The fact is.... there is much to gain by 7on7's - that's why it has grown to the
level it has.

I doubt anyone believes they are meaningless. You very seldom see real programs starting threads about how dominant they were in a 7 on 7. Mallard Creek won 2 Panther 7 on 7 tournaments. Full paid trip trips to Cleveland Browns & Indinappolis practice facilities. Also won the Northwestern Air Raid 7 on 7. So what! who cares! Nobody knew until i just mentioned it. Great coaches are not having conversations about a Damn victory in a 7 on 7. Now the 10k prize money is Awesome!

It is not a fact that it has grown because of the reason you shared. It is becoming the Football version of AAU basketball. A great way you can pimp kids and make a profit.......

Last edited:
Cc18OU8UAAAYA1P.jpg

David Shaw(Head Coach:Stanford University)

Reactions: Sportsnut17
So based on your above comments it sounds like there's a lot
to gain in the 7's. Maybe this is why MC and others are always competing in
the regions best!

So based on your above comments it sounds like there's a lot
to gain in the 7's. Maybe this is why MC and others are always competing in
the regions best!

It's one of many components. A lot to gain would be an exaggerated statement. MC has never paid to participate in a 7 on 7 tounarment. Once they got on the map, they have always been invited free of charge. Before they started having different tounarments reaching out to them. They would play @ Rocky River, or something small @ home.

For something that means nothing, there sure are a lot of top programs that
compete in them. They only mean something when your team wins them :).
The fact is.... there is much to gain by 7on7's - that's why it has grown to the
level it has.

Guess you can't read or comprehend.
1. MC is not my team. I even stated that I am not a Charlotte fan.
2. 7 on 7 can be helpful when they are used correctly. They are not as helpful when they are not used correctly. Make more sense?

And at the end of the day they mean very little if you do not do well in the real games.

Reactions: nepsy7
"So yes, it's nice winning a big check but in the end a 7 on 7 means nothing"

this is your statement footballstar, not mine. Looks like you are the one that can't read or comprehend,... or remember your own prior statements.

I'm not a Charlotte fan. However, there's a difference in real football and 7 on 7. In a real game you're not going to put a DB in a linebacker spot. They'll get run over and it would be pointless. Especially playing someone that has a decent OL. I wouldn't consider the linebackers for some of the top programs "big and slow", however, they are bigger and probably slower than a DB. Even if the difference is .2 or .3 seconds (say a DB runs a 4.5 40 and a LB runs a 4.8), for the QB training purpose that can be huge. Plus you have to think about how a DB and LB's thought processes are different. LB are looking for different things than what a DB would, not to mention no one is really going to bite on a play action on 7 on 7, to where in a game they will have to respect the run. 7 on 7 can be helpful to skill players if done correctly. The whole point of 7 on 7 is to help with QB/WR timing, defense schemes and reading the defense. If the defense isn't playing like they would in a real game, then it literally becomes a game of flag football. If a team does play with DB's as linebackers in a real game, I could see the offense not even worrying about passing the ball and getting as many rushing yards as they like.

So yes, it's nice winning a big check but in the end a 7 on 7 means nothing, especially if you aren't playing personnel like you would in a real game. Can't wait for big boy football in a couple weeks.
Fuquay Varina is the only team to consistently bite on play action during 7 on 7's. This is a good thing to know if you are playing them in a tournament. :)

I agree it is nothing like a real game. Put all your speed on the field and go for the ten thousand dollars. We will work on play action at another time.

Last edited:
Reactions: nepsy7
Four points:

1) Wrong state and wrong board to be posting a bragging thread, especially about something that isn't even real football. This tourney was played in North Carolina correct? This is NCprep board correct?
2) Charlotte teams win 7-on-7's all the time. We don't go to the South Carolina boards and start threads bragging about it. This was Spartanburgs 4th 7 on 7 they've won this year, no one bragging!! Though the money was good!!
3) Charlotte teams give credit where credit is due So going UNDEFEATED through a tourney that fielded 31 other programs, and some State Champions deserve NO credit?...but playing ringers instead of your real players does not earn you credit. Page had an excellent showing in this tourney...as was duly noted earlier in the thread.If Mallard Creek have ALL these tops prospects as memeber stated, why couldn't the win it all? Are the teams with less talented players better than them or were they poorly coached?
4) Wrong state and wrong board to be posting a bragging thread, especially about something that isn't even real football.

You throw the ball in real football, you catch the ball in real football, you cover the WR's in real football and you intercept the ball in real football. Everything that's allowed in 7 on 7 is allowed in real football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT