ADVERTISEMENT

SP vs Burns scrimmage

SPRaiders78

May 24, 2020
Belmont
Was anyone able to attend the scrimmage this morning? Of course I had to work. I’m interested to know how South Point looked against a very good Burns team. I saw somewhere this morning someone had SP ranked preseason #8 in 3A. I wish I could remember where I read it. Can they live up to that kind of preseason ranking?

Is South Point really a Top-10 team this preseason? I know the Red Raiders are ALWAYS tough, well-coached, and have talent, but they really haven't resembled a top-echelon team the last year or so. #SeriousQuestion

I ask because I can think of about 15-20 teams already in the 3A who I think are much better and stacked with talent.

I can’t argue with you Chris. I wish I could remember where I saw it. If Cam can run the offense as well as Will did the last couple years South Point may suprise some people! I expect the O line to be better.

I guess that’s what happens when they’re playing in the morning. All us poor sucks are at work, trying to get to Friday evening. If you happen to hear anything BBB post it!

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
The only thing I heard was that Coach Devine was happy with how we played. So........I don't know.

I saw somewhere this morning someone had SP ranked preseason #8 in 3A. I wish I could remember where I read it.

I just discovered where I saw it! It was on this sight, under the thread “Top 3A Teams”. It was posted by f-ball-ace. He quoted “Friday Nights in Carolina. Sometimes I look at so much material I lose track of what it was and or where I saw it. Post #21 on that thread.

I went to the scrimmage but can't say that I learned a whole lot. SP 1st team O and D played the first series which seemed to be maybe 15 plays. After that it was the 2nd team and then the 3rd team, and then I believe the JV's. Then it was over Neither team dominated. Burns most passed and SP mostly ran the ball. Surprised not to see more of the 1st team. SP will come down to the QB position and I do not believe that is settled. O line is going to be a strength.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT