ADVERTISEMENT

SP at Hibriten

Hibriten went 3 and out. SP at their own 41. Alexander with a 7 yd run and then a QB option run gets the Raiders a 1st down in Panther territory at the H45. However, Raider penalty on next play brings up 1st and 15. Incomplete pass makes it 2nd and 15, but Lee connects with Silver for 5. On 3rd and 10, hook and lateral play advances the Raiders to the H31 for the 1st down.

After a short gain by Gibson and two incomplete passes, Raiders opted to go for it on 4th and 7 at the H28. Lee connects with Muse for the 1st and goal from the H8. Unable to score the TD, SP's Lemperer completed a 21 yd FG.

SP 19 - Hibriten 0 4:14 2nd Qtr

Somebody correct me if IM wrong here,,,,I dont recall a single first down for HHS the entire first half.

Reactions: sparta1
Hibriten has the ball to start the 2nd half - not starting well. The Panthers fumbled the ball but recovered; however, they lost 7 yds. Hibriten forced to punt. SP on the SP44. Alexander to midfield plus a facemask penalty put the Raiders on the H39. A 2nd down pass from Lee to Muse got the Raiders into the redzone - H13. However, Raiders unable to get any closer; 32 yd FG attempt short.

Hibriten with the ball at their own 20. A 2nd down run moved them to the H35 for the 1st down; two plays later, to the H45. Despite a 2nd and 15 deficit, the Panthers managed to eke out a couple more 1st downs into SP territory (SP 35). Another 1st down put the Panthers on the SP17. However, a muffed pitch recovered by the Panthers brought up 3rd and 13. However, a Raider facemask penalty on the next play gave them a 1st down on the SP9. However, SP was able to hold and force them to turn over the ball on downs at the SP 12.

Raider ball going into the 4th quarter. When it looked like the Raider drive might be stalling out, Lee rushed 48 yds to the H26 on a QB keeper. Alexander then ground it out for another 1st down on a 4th and 1 play (H16). Alexander scores on a 2 yd TD run.

SP 26 - Hibriten 0 7:04 left in the game

Hibriten still fighting. Panthers pass complete to the H40 for the 1st down. Another completed pass on 3rd and 10 across midfield plus a run put Hibriten on the SP35. Intentional grounding backed them up to the SP47 - too much yardage to make it. Panthers turn it over on downs at the SP30.

Beamer, I'll still take the hat. Hibriten had a great season with the best yet to come.

It seems to me that either the athletic ability of Hibriten was greatly exaggerated and over rated, or SP was disrespected and UNDER rated. This, and the outcome, I suspected all along. This game was over at halftime, SP dominated Hibriten just as thoroughly as they did either Pisgah or Tuscola. I ask again, just who decides what bracket is "weak" or stronger?

Reactions: sparta1
It seems to me that either the athletic ability of Hibriten was greatly exaggerated and over rated, or SP was disrespected and UNDER rated. This, and the outcome, I suspected all along. This game was over at halftime, SP dominated Hibriten just as thoroughly as they did either Pisgah or Tuscola. I ask again, just who decides what bracket is "weak" or stronger?
Go to bed mule. we're tired of hearing from you today.

Go to bed mule. we're tired of hearing from you today.

Go to bed Pats, no one cares that FV beat Freedom's best team in '13. Really, no one cares anymore.
Mountain teams are done in the first rounds AND Foothills teams are irrelevant in the final rounds.

A few observations.
SP has a good passing game and we still cannot defend the pass.
SP has a really good defense. We got our 1st 1st down midway through the 3rd quarter (a quite pitiful offensive performance on our part)
Both teams had class.
Good luck SP in Winston.
I guess we need to get a bigger trophy case to fit regional runner up trophies in.

A few observations.
SP has a good passing game and we still cannot defend the pass.
SP has a really good defense. We got our 1st 1st down midway through the 3rd quarter (a quite pitiful offensive performance on our part)
Both teams had class.
Good luck SP in Winston.
I guess we need to get a bigger trophy case to fit regional runner up trophies in.

No shame in losing in the finals. Congrats on a great season.

Reactions: beamer24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT