ADVERTISEMENT

SP at Hibriten

You're welcome.

That's right, the Great One is back. Otherwise known as: "The Master of Disaster", "The King of Sting", "The Cobra Commander", "The Prince of Punch, "The Sultan of Swat", "The Answer", "Big Papi", "The Count of Monte Fisto" and "Tripod Rex". I'm here to tell you what will befall a team tonight, and what will raise the other to victory.
If any are offended, refer to my attorneys at Blah, Blah and FUnk.

Strengths:
Hibriten. Fast, experienced, returning starters, home field, cold.
South Point. Defensive line, offensive line, coaching and toughness.

Weaknesses:
Hibriten: cleanliness, defense, real estate value and visitor bleachers.
South Point: Speed, backfield, Kickoff return front line, and LB speed.

When these opposing teams clash, one will try to imitate the other. But, who will prove to be one's true self in front of the millions, check that - 3,041 people in attendance tonight? Some on here have made adequate points. Some have made idiotic points. Here is the truth:

Home field advantage and cold will matter. Fast teams do play slower when it's cold as stated - that is correct. So, Hibriten's speed may be muzzled a little bit. SP will have to rely on defense to score and stop scoring. As SP has figured out the last couple years the defense is allowed to do some scoring as well as stop it. This game will come down to how our LBs handle their OL and FB between the tackles FIRST and if those same LBs can cover speed on the edge after their checks are done.

I know nothing of Hibriten's defense, so I think it will come down to SPs defense vs. HHS offense. With such little info given to HHS defense I can only assume they aren't as formidable as their offense is. Our offense isn't as formidable as Belmont Middle's offense, so that's an even match. We witnessed our Fullback outrun a couple guys last week for the first time this year. I can only hope this "mountain" team carries the same speed genes as Pisgah's group did. At least the HC up there knows what he has to do to stop our offense: assignment defense and physicality. Our OL is good though. Our DL is good. I think we will win the physicality matchup. This is where we lost the matchup against Statesville some years back. Many wrongly pointed to athleticism as being the culprit in the loss. No No....it was the battle at center v. noseguard where all the trouble started.

The Greatest will make his prediction now. There is pain and sadness in this confession. I feel the officials will have a hand, as they do in most playoff games. I have to think that the calls will be in favor of the home team if made to guess. I feel unlike the others that this will be a low scoring game. Why you ask? Because players aren't nearly as tough as they once were, and it hurts to tackle and be tackled in weather like this. Low scoring game. HHS: 21 SP: 20

The gravity of this game just hit me. None of these young men deserve to lose tonight.....Great coaches,programs,spiritual leadership. Make sure we support them. One of the best kids I ever knew went 1 and 21 in his varsity career. He learned from every loss

You're welcome.

That's right, the Great One is back. Otherwise known as: "The Master of Disaster", "The King of Sting", "The Cobra Commander", "The Prince of Punch, "The Sultan of Swat", "The Answer", "Big Papi", "The Count of Monte Fisto" and "Tripod Rex". I'm here to tell you what will befall a team tonight, and what will raise the other to victory.
If any are offended, refer to my attorneys at Blah, Blah and FUnk.

Strengths:
Hibriten. Fast, experienced, returning starters, home field, cold.
South Point. Defensive line, offensive line, coaching and toughness.

Weaknesses:
Hibriten: cleanliness, defense, real estate value and visitor bleachers.
South Point: Speed, backfield, Kickoff return front line, and LB speed.

When these opposing teams clash, one will try to imitate the other. But, who will prove to be one's true self in front of the millions, check that - 3,041 people in attendance tonight? Some on here have made adequate points. Some have made idiotic points. Here is the truth:

Home field advantage and cold will matter. Fast teams do play slower when it's cold as stated - that is correct. So, Hibriten's speed may be muzzled a little bit. SP will have to rely on defense to score and stop scoring. As SP has figured out the last couple years the defense is allowed to do some scoring as well as stop it. This game will come down to how our LBs handle their OL and FB between the tackles FIRST and if those same LBs can cover speed on the edge after their checks are done.

I know nothing of Hibriten's defense, so I think it will come down to SPs defense vs. HHS offense. With such little info given to HHS defense I can only assume they aren't as formidable as their offense is. Our offense isn't as formidable as Belmont Middle's offense, so that's an even match. We witnessed our Fullback outrun a couple guys last week for the first time this year. I can only hope this "mountain" team carries the same speed genes as Pisgah's group did. At least the HC up there knows what he has to do to stop our offense: assignment defense and physicality. Our OL is good though. Our DL is good. I think we will win the physicality matchup. This is where we lost the matchup against Statesville some years back. Many wrongly pointed to athleticism as being the culprit in the loss. No No....it was the battle at center v. noseguard where all the trouble started.

The Greatest will make his prediction now. There is pain and sadness in this confession. I feel the officials will have a hand, as they do in most playoff games. I have to think that the calls will be in favor of the home team if made to guess. I feel unlike the others that this will be a low scoring game. Why you ask? Because players aren't nearly as tough as they once were, and it hurts to tackle and be tackled in weather like this. Low scoring game. HHS: 21 SP: 20
Macho has never witnessed a high school football game in his life. His knowledge of both teams mimics as much as we know of where to find Jimmy Hoffa.
His dialogue along with $5.00 will get you an expresso at Starbucks. Flush his information down the toilet and enjoy what has the making of a very competitive game for both players and fans.

I liked Ralphy better when I thought he was a Jag fan. Okay it's Friday and I can say it now. SP by at least 2 scores!!!!

Sorry, beamer.

Here we go Raiders, here we go!

It's gotta be better then the Belmont station. Sometimes pick up a game better if sp playing in Gastonia rather then sp. announcers are bad too...don't know most of times who has ball or score and barely hear them. I think they should hear themselves talk bc it's bad.
You should give it a try yourself, see if you can do better.

This is the link but I will tell you unless you are on a desktop or laptop and can run the file through Windows Media player, you won't be able to listen online.

http://wcgcam.com/

There is also a Twitter feed that does pretty well updating
https://twitter.com/superraider88
I got desktop and wmp but the Lenoir station FINALLY came on....They sure arent much for pregame festivities Ill say that

Reactions: sasha_nc
Hibriten took first possession at the H29, but a false start backed them up to the H24. Next play, Hibriten fumble was recovered by the Raiders at the H20. However, on 3rd down, SP was intercepted at the H3. SP gets the safety on the next play.

SP 9 - Hibriten 0 6:38 1Q

SP on SP44, but a couple of penalties made for some huge yardage to cover. Raiders punt - Panthers on their own 25. Pass completion on 3rd and 7 was enough for the 1st down but a ineligible receiver penalty negated the play. Brought up 3rd and 11. Short pass complete but not enough for the 1st down. Hibriten punted; SP on the SP42.

SP went for it on 4th and 4 from the H25, completing a pass to Grier to the H5. QB keeper for 5 yd TD run.

SP 16 - Hibriten 0 10:34 2Q

SP went for it on 4th and 4 from the H25, completing a pass to Grier to the H5. QB keeper for 5 yd TD run.

SP 16 - Hibriten 0 10:34 2Q
Looks like that "weak" bracket SP is in is paying off....Theyre apparently well rested. LOL

Reactions: sasha_nc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT