ADVERTISEMENT

Southwest Stallions

Nehemiah White. Rising Soph at RB. Remember the name

Forgot about white. He's a baller, he will be the starting tailback at SWO this year. Thats great news, his speed an vision impressed me last year as a true freshman on varsity.

Reactions: SWO-WA
Nehemiah White. Rising Soph at RB. Remember the name

He's gonna be a great one, for sure. But, I prefer that those who don't know what we got have a big surprise waiting for them. The one's who know the program know exactly what we got coming back.

Reactions: SWO-WA
He's gonna be a great one, for sure. But, I prefer that those who don't know what we got have a big surprise waiting for them. The one's who know the program know exactly what we got coming back.

Ha not every SWO fan knows the insides and outs of the program. SWO biggest supporter on these boards lives Missouri ha. Just looking forward to the season so we all wondering who's coming back to keep an eye on

Reactions: SWO-#1
Ha not every SWO fan knows the insides and outs of the program. SWO biggest supporter on these boards lives Missouri ha. Just looking forward to the season so we all wondering who's coming back to keep an eye on

I sat on the top row for 21 years, missing maybe 6-8 games in that time, home and away. True I have lost touch with many in the SW area. Lived right behind the school on Blue Creek Road. My son and daughter graduated SW. Knew a lot of the kids. Still know quite a few in NC but the ones in SW area are not football fans. Others in the area are Jax, NorthSide or Richlands. I probably make the longest trip to watch games tho, 1300 miles one way . If Things straighten out this year I will be there sometime ....hopefully for the Eastern Div game and State Title. My son lives in Rougemont, north of Durham.

GO STALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIONS

Reactions: SWO-WA and UNC91
I sat on the top row for 21 years, missing maybe 6-8 games in that time, home and away. True I have lost touch with many in the SW area. Lived right behind the school on Blue Creek Road. My son and daughter graduated SW. Knew a lot of the kids. Still know quite a few in NC but the ones in SW area are not football fans. Others in the area are Jax, NorthSide or Richlands. I probably make the longest trip to watch games tho, 1300 miles one way . If Things straighten out this year I will be there sometime ....hopefully for the Eastern Div game and State Title. My son lives in Rougemont, north of Durham.

GO STALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIONS

Hope everything clears up brother so you can make the trip. Of course the stallions have got to make it that far ha. Should be another good year at SWO hope they can turn the corner.

Hope everything clears up brother so you can make the trip. Of course the stallions have got to make it that far ha. Should be another good year at SWO hope they can turn the corner.

I NEVER doubt THE SWO. Losing dosnt bother me. The worst deal was the 2001 game 11 with East Duplin. Win and we had the conference title, lose and it was a three way draw of the straws for the only two playoff spots. ED was ahead and had the ball end of the game. We were pushing them back into their end zone. Make em punt and we had a chance. I think it was 3rd down ... had the line stacked and came hard. They threw a little short pass right over the middle to a back coming out. It went all the way ..... we drew the short straw .... end of season. That is the only loss that is still with me today.

Reactions: UNC91
I NEVER doubt THE SWO. Losing dosnt bother me. The worst deal was the 2001 game 11 with East Duplin. Win and we had the conference title, lose and it was a three way draw of the straws for the only two playoff spots. ED was ahead and had the ball end of the game. We were pushing them back into their end zone. Make em punt and we had a chance. I think it was 3rd down ... had the line stacked and came hard. They threw a little short pass right over the middle to a back coming out. It went all the way ..... we drew the short straw .... end of season. That is the only loss that is still with me today.

Remember like it was yesterday. Great team that year and didnt even make the playoffs. Now a days win 2 or 3 games in some leagues and your in the big dance. Tion Powell was the running back for ED

Me too, brother! Gonna be a good one, if we get to have it.

Check your Stallion history, Coach Padgett’s last game was a 45-21 loss to Clinton in the Eastern Finals in 2014. He saw the cupboard was bare for 2015 and jumped ship and retired. Coach Padgett was a good coach his first 12 years, but started being a great coach in season 13, when he learned how to take his team to the next level. Coach Dempsey will take a little time to grow things each year, too. The weak Coastal Plains 1A conference hurt us then like the weak Coastal 8 2A/1A conference hurts us now. Best thing that ever happened to Coach Padgett’s career and the Stallions was when we went to the East Central. Coach Padgett had a great career and so will Coach Dempsey.
False claim he didn't jump ship because the cupboard was bare. That is not true!

Done with you. You’re not a Southwest fan, you’re a fan of a coach. You don’t care about the kids at Southwest. You don’t even give Coach Dempsey a chance. You have no idea what he done for some of these kids who have no heat on bitter cold nights or who lost their family home to a house fire. Look at how many he’s already sent on to play college ball. Keep living in the past, while we keep supporting the Southwest Stallion family and our community kids and our coaches. See you in a State Title game soon.
He didn't send my son no where I sent him to college!

False claim he didn't jump ship because the cupboard was bare. That is not true!

Big Green. Hate to see you pull your younger son out of SWO. I know the clipboard was NOT BARE AT ALL. They disrespected Phil so bad with their paycut and more nonsense I wont get into. Hope your oldest is balling out there with a good friend of mine Mr. Mason, great man and coach. Tried to tell these guys up here how bad its gotten at SWO, parents are pulling their kids from one of the most storied programs in the STATE.....

Reactions: Arlandis
Big Green. Hate to see you pull your younger son out of SWO. I know the clipboard was NOT BARE AT ALL. They disrespected Phil so bad with their paycut and more nonsense I wont get into. Hope your oldest is balling out there with a good friend of mine Mr. Mason, great man and coach. Tried to tell these guys up here how bad its gotten at SWO, parents are pulling their kids from one of the most storied programs in the STATE.....
He is loving it playing for Coach Mason and being in the SEC and getting a grate education from one of the best Universities in the country. Keep your eye out on little Green he is more like his Hall of Fame Uncle David Green.

He is loving it playing for Coach Mason and being in the SEC and getting a grate education from one of the best Universities in the country. Keep your eye out on little Green he is more like his Hall of Fame Uncle David Green.

David green was the real deal. Hope the best for youngest, Richlands has talent promise you that. 6'2 running back should be fun to watch. I remember them running mario williams his senior year, my son told me it was like hitting a tree.

Reactions: Arlandis
You’re right, education is important!! Looking forward to seeing Derek grow and get better at Vandy!! Hope to see him out there this year.

Reactions: UNC91 and Arlandis
Yeah, whatever. The kids currently playing in college will tell you different. BTW, we have about 80 out for “voluntary” summer workouts.
GO STALLIONS!!!

Okay sir. A ton of smaller schools. Hes worried bout his linemen period. Five in five years playing next level. Just wish hed take these boys to camps, he knows they cant get them by themselves. Ive seen the workouts, great turnout.

Okay sir. A ton of smaller schools. Hes worried bout his linemen period. Five in five years playing next level. Just wish hed take these boys to camps, he knows they cant get them by themselves. Ive seen the workouts, great turnout.

Looking forward to a great season!! Hope we get to have it.

Reactions: UNC91 and SWO-#1
One question for you UNC91, but you have to answer it honestly:
Was Coach Padgett in the Hall of Fame after his first 5 years?
I graduated at Sw too! It simple Coach Padgett had a Philosophy. We’re going to out work you in practice during the week... Kick your ass on Friday. Was Coach Padgett criticized yes. A lot people Sw should’ve and Could’ve won a state championship before 2000. If you listen to some of his interviews before he passed. He also believed that... He surrounded himself with a lot of good coaches. Plus Coach Padgett had a lot of support in the community. Because of this charismatic personality. People didn’t mind helping Phil. With Dempsey he wants to surround himself with a bunch of yes men. Which privately they have issue with some of his decision making. To be honest he needs to get some black coaches Padgett did. Dempsey can’t relate to the minority kids. No fault of his own! It is what it is. But if you know you have that weakest get somebody to help. Sw got Coach Chris but he got limit say so. All the other Black guys Charlie had left because him being bullheaded. Southwest had the opportunity to get Andrew McCloud from the middle school. Didn’t give him a job, now his at Kinston. The kids love him great guy. Before Coach Padgett was the varsity coach. He was the jv Coach Sw hired a guy to be the varsity coach. To my understanding Padgett was kicking butt in jv first. The guy the hired Coach Frazier never got the job because the community wanted Padgett to be varsity Coach

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Ha what coach goes in after 5 years? You must not follow the game of football much.
Cory Johnson Clinton head Coach 5 years his 50-16 his first year they went 6-6 overall 4-2 in conference. Coach Mott at WRH I believe he won a state Championship his first year. You know how it go! “win you spin...lose you cruise”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT