ADVERTISEMENT

Southwest Onslow 2020 Schedule

I just want to start by saying lol.... you SWO fans kill me every year around the same time every year speaking on the Jacksonville game and how good it’ll be. Let me fill you all in again .. I graduated from Jacksonville 5 years ago and that was the last time swo won.. also which the last time swo even scored more than 14 points. Within the last 10 years swo has scored a grand total of 122 points! LMFAO, TEN YEARS, you’ve been outscored 247-122.. this game AINT been close in years. And it won’t be that way for as long as beau Williams is at Jacksonville. Not a rivalry IMO

We should never beat Jacksonville. With double the numbers and only a couple going both ways, JHS should beat us every year. It should embarrass y’all that you ever lost to us. Prepare for more embarrassment.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Yea, we are twice the enrollment, no need to beat our chest. I remember when we first started playing Southwest and Richlands, and they both would beat us, Often times pretty bad. I feel like our program has evolved majorly since then. Im just really hoping we play ball this year. Seriously doubt non conference will be played. Good luck to the Stallions this year. Hope we can meet in August and get it started off right.

Reactions: UNC91
Yea, we are twice the enrollment, no need to beat our chest. I remember when we first started playing Southwest and Richlands, and they both would beat us, Often times pretty bad. I feel like our program has evolved majorly since then. Im just really hoping we play ball this year. Seriously doubt non conference will be played. Good luck to the Stallions this year. Hope we can meet in August and get it started off right.

Me too brother!! Jacksonville has been the cream of the crop and has had our number lately. Coach Williams has made the Cardinal program better and better.

From a selfish point of view, I was really looking forward to see what we had this year. Last year we struggled at times. Hopefully we can work out some kinks.

I just want to start by saying lol.... you SWO fans kill me every year around the same time every year speaking on the Jacksonville game and how good it’ll be. Let me fill you all in again .. I graduated from Jacksonville 5 years ago and that was the last time swo won.. also which the last time swo even scored more than 14 points. Within the last 10 years swo has scored a grand total of 122 points! LMFAO, TEN YEARS, you’ve been outscored 247-122.. this game AINT been close in years. And it won’t be that way for as long as beau Williams is at Jacksonville. Not a rivalry IMO

Jacksonville's last state championship was when?

I was at JHS then. Lets just say I now get the Senior citizen coffee at Hardees. Man, we had a good chance a few years back. Love to had played that one again.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and UNC91
Jacksonville won it all in 1982. State runner ups in 1980, 1994 and 2018.

Hahahhahah 1982 JHS fans are the wildest. To get on these boards talking foolish on a 2A board and won the big dance almost 40 years ago man. A years back JHS had fans all other these boards. Not so much now ha. Fair weather fans over there. JHS was 1-10 and 0-11 not to long ago ha. SWO went 40 years without a losing recond........

The Cardinals have a good tradition and are definitely a program on the upswing. They struck with Coach Williams and it's starting to pay dividends. So many schools want to kick a coach to the curb every 4 years or so and that doesn't yield results. This just goes show you how precious a State Title is. Jacksonville's title in 1982 is still a great memory for Onslow County fans. I have some friends from the Garner area that still talk fondly about their State Title in 1987 with Anthony Barbour.

Reactions: superstar57
In the 80s it was those damn Fayetteville teams that gave us fits during playoff Time. Byrd and Terry Sandford were great programs.

https://carolinapreps.com/teams/frontend/teampage/allTimeRecords/294
I was curious, so I looked it up on Carolina Preps. Garner has not had a losing season since 1984 and has had some very strong teams, but was only able to win one state title in those 38 years. Shows how special a season has to be to win it all.

Also shows how hard it was to win one before the state went to A/AA system. That is the importance of SWO winning one before state went to that system.

I would have no idea if Coach Padgett would have won any more titles if he began his career with this system, but I can say with certainty his chances would have been better.

I also will say that 85-90 percent of the time in the state championship game the school with higher ADM will win.

I'm sure footballfanactic is somewhere lurking once Jacksonville High School was mentioned, but for a good 3aa (I think there 3aa) team to want to boost about there victories on us is well --;:

65 out first week is good for SWO. With this week dead time should get in more serious work starting next week.

GOOOOOOOOO STALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIONS IN 2020

Also shows how hard it was to win one before the state went to A/AA system. That is the importance of SWO winning one before state went to that system.

I would have no idea if Coach Padgett would have won any more titles if he began his career with this system, but I can say with certainty his chances would have been better.

I also will say that 85-90 percent of the time in the state championship game the school with higher ADM will win.

I'm sure footballfanactic is somewhere lurking once Jacksonville High School was mentioned, but for a good 3aa (I think there 3aa) team to want to boost about there victories on us is well --;:

Footballfanactic has been lurking for 2 years now after JHS gave that game to Catholic. He wont be back.... Same with the cards, their one hit wonder was done years ago. They wont get out of the first round this year....

65 out first week is good for SWO. With this week dead time should get in more serious work starting next week.

GOOOOOOOOO STALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIONS IN 2020

Great turnout. From a source... Plenty of size again this year. Im told look for SWO to pass the ball more this year

Reactions: SWO-WA and SWO-#1
More passing wouldn’t surprise me. Isaac Mooore made great strides last year as a soph QB. He should be even better this season. This being said, I think everyone would agree that the Stallions will still be a run-dominated offense.

We got some great kids coming back this year. Excited for this season, hope we get to play!!

Last edited:
Guys, guys, I remember fanatic, but there was Dr. Southwest who was completely full of s#$@. Lets embrace our Onslow boys and hope for a good season.

Last edited:
Guys, guys, I remember fanatic, but there was Dr. Southwest who was completely full of s#$@. Lets embrace our Onslow boys and hope for a good season.

Wow I'm getting old. The last really solid game between Jacksonville and us was the last year we went to state.

I still remember Javeon Walker who was a preseason all state dropped a pass that would have sealed the game for us, but couldn't reel it in.

I still like the matchup, but your asking for SW to have a potential state championship team to beat Jacksonville. We won titles and still lost to Jacksonville.

I understand why the game is still played, but we will be the under dawg in this game for allot of years. I guess I'm fine with that, but that also means I start my season with a loss most every year!

I don't think so. They got a couple of SWO transfers gonna be seniors this coming year and several former SWO coaches. Gotta give them credit for trying all they can to beat us.
We got kids that came back to there home school.But the team will be good and will be a surprise to others but not to us.

SWO has a great group of hard working athletes that get after it and are tired of hearing a small group of our own fans not support them. I see a couple of state title runs in the next 4 years.
The streak is going to end this year no doubt!

I'll take that bet, dude!!! The one's that transferred haven't been missed. You must not follow SWO football and the JV and middle school. Speed is coming.
I can tell you that my son doesn't miss playing at SW and the only reason his brother played there was due to me working in SW but when that game come around he will be on a mission and get a taste of that 6'2 215lbs. running back when he was told he was to tall to play running back at SW. He will continue to carry the Green name in Onslow County history.

I can tell you that my son doesn't miss playing at SW and the only reason his brother played there was due to me working in SW but when that game come around he will be on a mission and get a taste of that 6'2 215lbs. running back when he was told he was to tall to play running back at SW. He will continue to carry the Green name in Onslow County history.
Good luck to Nic this year!! Hope y’all win every game except one. GO STALLIONS!!

Reactions: Arlandis and UNC91
SWOStallion2010 name 5 players from the 2009 team that went to the State Championship they have one thing in common.

I KNOW!!!! Jamaal Williams, Zach Matics, Pierre Davis, Chris Hairston and Derrick Johnson. Each player scored at least 6 points in the Stallions 54-13 win over Richlands that year (win # 22 in the streak). Zach was our kicker, but he had 10 points with 7 extra points and a FG).

I KNOW!!!! Jamaal Williams, Zach Matics, Pierre Davis, Chris Hairston and Derrick Johnson. Each player scored at least 6 points in the Stallions 54-13 win over Richlands that year (win # 22 in the streak). Zach was our kicker, but he had 10 points with 7 extra points and a FG).
The ones from Richlands!

Jamaal Williams may be the most under rated athlete in Onslow County history. "All State, all Classifications" in football and basketball. If anyone should have had more consideration for North Carolina Male athlete of the year it should have been him! I think Jamal Williams and I hope we are talking about the QB not the RB (RB named Jamaal Williams is one of the fastest stallions ever). I believe at one time Jamaal tied the state record for punt returns for TD in a season, also had a ridiculous PPG average in basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT