09-25-2020 Away Dixon
10-02-2020 Away Croatan
10-09-2020 Home Lejeune
10-16-2020 Away Pender
10-23-2020 Home East Carteret
10-30-2020 Away Trask
11-06-2020 Home Richlands

Reactions: SWO-WA
Thanks for posting!! Looking forward to a great year!! The Jacksonville game this year will show some things. WRH and ED are always tough. Last two years, the SWO-ED games have been great games!!

Reactions: UNC91
Wish the open date was a few weeks later in the season. But good week off after playing a brutal stretch. We will see what SWO has after the first four games

Wish the open date was a few weeks later in the season. But good week off after playing a brutal stretch. We will see what SWO has after the first four games
I wish we could get Jacksonville for the 3rd or 4th game. I think playing them later would neutralize their size and numbers advantage a little.

Did Richlands lose a lot to graduation? Love playing them as the last game of the regular season! Hope it’s a good game and provides a springboard into the playoffs.

9-1 or 8-2. SWO is going to be okay this year. I got some personal calls after my last series of post about coach, and expectations are for a good season from my Stallions. I think we could win it all and still lose to Jacksonville, I love the rivalry, and when I was in school 90-94 this is the game people wanted, but was not on the schedule. Now it is still a big game, but honestly the ADMs are going in the wrong direction for this to be a winnable game. If Jacksonville had a terrible team or coaching I would give us a chance, but they have a "good" team, and "great" coaching.

WRH, SWO has never backed down from WRH, and honestly have beat them when they were really good, just like they have beaten us. Just think WRH is seeing the last part of there current dynasty, and SWO is on the rise again.

White Oak is a win because they suxx. E. Duplin is a real measuring stick, but winnable game at home.

Of course we go undefeated in conference.

Reactions: UNC91 and SWO-#1
As a Stallion fan I want us to beat down Richlands!!! 50-0 would do it. Distancing ourselves from the second best team in our conference would show allot! Time to get back to State!

9-1 or 8-2. SWO is going to be okay this year. I got some personal calls after my last series of post about coach, and expectations are for a good season from my Stallions. I think we could win it all and still lose to Jacksonville, I love the rivalry, and when I was in school 90-94 this is the game people wanted, but was not on the schedule. Now it is still a big game, but honestly the ADMs are going in the wrong direction for this to be a winnable game. If Jacksonville had a terrible team or coaching I would give us a chance, but they have a "good" team, and "great" coaching.

WRH, SWO has never backed down from WRH, and honestly have beat them when they were really good, just like they have beaten us. Just think WRH is seeing the last part of there current dynasty, and SWO is on the rise again.

White Oak is a win because they suxx. E. Duplin is a real measuring stick, but winnable game at home.

SWO will be lucky to go 2-2 entering conference play. A ton of young stallions will be chomping at the bit to show their worth. Anyone know when they will update maxpreps roster?

3A Jacksonville .... They are bigger, faster, and there is a lot more of em than us. Probably wont win the first one but just make a good showing

2A Wallace Rose Hill .... More than likely faster. Other than that its a good match up. We like to punch em in the mouth. A winnable game

3A White Oak .... They had high hopes last year .... and that was a dud. More of the same this year.

2AA East Duplin .... A solid team that we seem to play pretty tight. Depending, could go either way in a tight one again.

We dont have to save anything back on Non Conference games for our conference. JV's could finish first in it.

I wish we could get Jacksonville for the 3rd or 4th game. I think playing them later would neutralize their size and numbers advantage a little.

Playing later favors a team with size and numbers. Especially because of numbers if the injury or Corona bugs hit.

Did Richlands lose a lot to graduation? Love playing them as the last game of the regular season! Hope it’s a good game and provides a springboard into the playoffs.
I don't think so. They got a couple of SWO transfers gonna be seniors this coming year and several former SWO coaches. Gotta give them credit for trying all they can to beat us.

Playing later favors a team with size and numbers. Especially because of numbers if the injury or Corona bugs hit.

Not necessarily. The bigger school has very few that go both ways, all our best players go both ways. It would benefit us to be as cool as possible when we play.

Croatan is probably the second best in our conference.

Reactions: superstar57
SWO has a great group of hard working athletes that get after it and are tired of hearing a small group of our own fans not support them. I see a couple of state title runs in the next 4 years.

SWO has a great group of hard working athletes that get after it and are tired of hearing a small group of our own fans not support them. I see a couple of state title runs in the next 4 years.

Dude I bleed SWO, what in the world are you speaking about. Title run? With this coaching staff and lack of speed everywhere. You must be new to highschool football young buck, bet the house SWO wont even make the east finals again under Dempsey.

Not necessarily. The bigger school has very few that go both ways, all our best players go both ways. It would benefit us to be as cool as possible when we play.

And that is why it favors the bigger schools. A two way player gets injured as you lose two spots. And the law of averages says that the backups have a higher chance of being better than the ones at smaller schools. Been around HS football a long time. I have seen many back ups that would be two way starters at smaller schools.

I don't think so. They got a couple of SWO transfers gonna be seniors this coming year and several former SWO coaches. Gotta give them credit for trying all they can to beat us.

Thought i would never hear this, kids and coaches leaving SWO for Richlands? Please explain

And that is why it favors the bigger schools. A two way player gets injured as you lose two spots. And the law of averages says that the backups have a higher chance of being better than the ones at smaller schools. Been around HS football a long time. I have seen many back ups that would be two way starters at smaller schools.

Your correct sir, this young buck SWO2010 not to sure what football is as we can see.

Dude I bleed SWO, what in the world are you speaking about. Title run? With this coaching staff and lack of speed everywhere. You must be new to highschool football young buck, bet the house SWO wont even make the east finals again under Dempsey.
I'll take that bet, dude!!! The one's that transferred haven't been missed. You must not follow SWO football and the JV and middle school. Speed is coming.

I agree with that about the backups, but I still think we would do better against Jacksonville in game 4. Not the same with every rivalry between big and little.

I'll take that bet, dude!!! The one's that transferred haven't been missed. You must not follow SWO football and the JV and middle school. Speed is coming.

Ha ha ive been inside the program since 1980s, what in the world are you speaking of. Name the players coming up? You relying on middle school players on varsity? Jv program one of the worst we have ever had. Im going to tell you again, not sure what you dont understand, Dempsey cant amd wont reach out to three neighborhoods that produce the speed and big time players. They leaving for Jville and Nside, not hard to see, look at their last names. Never thought the day would come where SWO is third best in the county. NEVER BEEN THIS WAY and shouldnt be this way. SWO has won more state titles then the whole county combined. No one wnats to play for Dempsey, heard it from many parents and teens last 5 years.

According to Max Preps Southwest JV was pretty solid last year. 2 point loss to Wallace and a 2 td loss to East Duplin. They beat Clinton and ran their conference. Although Northwoods Park Middle could win that JV conference. Still not to terrible from an outside point of view.

Ha ha ive been inside the program since 1980s, what in the world are you speaking of. Name the players coming up? You relying on middle school players on varsity? Jv program one of the worst we have ever had. Im going to tell you again, not sure what you dont understand, Dempsey cant amd wont reach out to three neighborhoods that produce the speed and big time players. They leaving for Jville and Nside, not hard to see, look at their last names. Never thought the day would come where SWO is third best in the county. NEVER BEEN THIS WAY and shouldnt be this way. SWO has won more state titles then the whole county combined. No one wnats to play for Dempsey, heard it from many parents and teens last 5 years.
Dude, you are so negative. For someone who claims to “bleed orange and black”. Go to Jacksonville or somewhere else. It’s no wonder people stop responding to you. Add me to that list. Bye, old timer

There is more than one way to show love my friend. Every supporter of our great program is different, and talk different.

I am a huge Carolina basketball fan, but when my girlfriend hears me watching the game she swears Carolina is losing because I stay on the guys.

Every great athlete is molded different, the greatest Southwest baseball player to ever live once told me, he was motivated when coach Padgett would question if he could strike a guy out. Jason Ramsey went 52 2/3 innings of scoreless baseball just off the simple challenge.

Yes allot of guys are motivated just simply on there own, but there are some great players who do amazing things when you put there backs against the wall, and question there talent. That is where I am at with my Stallions, the Stallions under Dempsey are fundamentally sound, but trust me we all need " supporters" like UNC91, because reading his post I can tell he knows we are 2-3 great athletes away to being back at state championships, if Dempsey can get those guys who need this type of motivation on his team. That I haven't seen!

Point being don't question someone's loyalty to "OUR" Stalliions because you don't agree with there opinions. Southwest grew great thinkers too.

Last edited:
I am a huge Carolina basketball fan, but when my girlfriend hears me watching the game she swears Carolina is losing because I stay on the guys.

Every great athlete is molded different, the greatest Southwest baseball player to ever live once told me, he was motivated when coach Padgett would question if he could strike a guy out. Jason Ramsey went 52 2/3 innings of scoreless baseball just off the simple challenge.

Yes allot of guys are motivated just simply on there own, but there are some great players who do amazing things when you put there backs against the wall, and question there talent. That is where I am at with my Stallions, the Stallions under Dempsey are fundamentally sound, but trust me we all need " supporters" like UNC91, because reading his post I can tell he knows we are 2-3 great athletes away to being back at state championships, if Dempsey can get those guys who need this type of motivation on his team. That I haven't seen!

Point being don't question someone's loyalty to "OUR" Stalliions because you don't agree with there opinions. Southwest grew great thinkers too.

Newer generation doesn't want to be yelled at, correct when from, or pushed to become great. SWO has had great teams with GREAT leaders on and off the field. Tommy barns and Phil were great leaders and could relate to young men in different ways. Hope Dempsey will get the boys ready for the season.

Dude, you are so negative. For someone who claims to “bleed orange and black”. Go to Jacksonville or somewhere else. It’s no wonder people stop responding to you. Add me to that list. Bye, old timer

Young buck, show some respect to the ones who paved thw path for you. Your comment is from left field, claims to bleed black and orange, 17 years in a row i missed two SWO football games. Come on now uncle rico

Young buck?? I wish!! I was watching the first game under Coach Boyle when you were still pooping in your diapers. LOL

I was one of those kids out there picking roots and lighter knots off our field when the community had to push off the land to make The Corral. I went to school and came back to help the program ever since. I’ve missed 3 games since 1997 after I got back. All I ask is that we support each team, just like we supported Coach Boyle, Coach Stefano, Coach Nobles, my Coach Wall, Coach Padgett and our coach now, Coach Dempsey.

I was one of those kids out there picking roots and lighter knots off our field when the community had to push off the land to make The Corral. I went to school and came back to help the program ever since. I’ve missed 3 games since 1997 after I got back. All I ask is that we support each team, just like we supported Coach Boyle, Coach Stefano, Coach Nobles, my Coach Wall, Coach Padgett and our coach now, Coach Dempsey.

Coach Wall writes an weekly newspaper column on the outdoors now. How was he as a coach? I know he’s a great person.

Coach Wall writes an weekly newspaper column on the outdoors now. How was he as a coach? I know he’s a great person.
He is!! He was only our Coach for 4 years before moving on to other things, but he was a great coach. The long drive really did it in for him. If he had of stayed at SWH, I think we would have had similar successes over the years.

Reactions: superstar57
Young buck?? I wish!! I was watching the first game under Coach Boyle when you were still pooping in your diapers. LOL

Ha okay my father took me to the first game ever played at SWO. Thanks for helping the field to what it is now. My self and two sons played at the corral

Two questions how good was Georgetown High School at football? How good was Jacksonville High School football after schools integrated?

Ha okay my father took me to the first game ever played at SWO. Thanks for helping the field to what it is now. My self and two sons played at the corral
We were right there together!! I loved going to the first few seasons as a kid and then being there in junior high.

I’m old, but not that old

The reason I ask is because I know from my family those teams were great! Georgetown High school features the architect of Southwest athletes. For some strange reason our section had amazing players who played in the NFL (Georgetown High also created nationally known scholars).

After integration Georgetown High athletes combined with Jacksonville High produced players like Tyrone Willingham (Notre Dame coach, Stanford coach).

Point being Southwest area produced most of the greats even then. Our area produced great players. IT'S TIME TO SHOW IT AGAIN!

Reactions: SWO-#1
The reason I ask is because I know from my family those teams were great! Georgetown High school features the architect of Southwest athletes. For some strange reason our section had amazing players who played in the NFL (Georgetown High also created nationally known scholars).

After integration Georgetown High athletes combined with Jacksonville High produced players like Tyrone Willingham (Notre Dame coach, Stanford coach).

Point being Southwest area produced most of the greats even then. Our area produced great players. IT'S TIME TO SHOW IT AGAIN!

Still breeds greats to this day. Raised two boys in Georgetown. Could not have said it better brother.

I just want to start by saying lol.... you SWO fans kill me every year around the same time every year speaking on the Jacksonville game and how good it’ll be. Let me fill you all in again .. I graduated from Jacksonville 5 years ago and that was the last time swo won.. also which the last time swo even scored more than 14 points. Within the last 10 years swo has scored a grand total of 122 points! LMFAO, TEN YEARS, you’ve been outscored 247-122.. this game AINT been close in years. And it won’t be that way for as long as beau Williams is at Jacksonville. Not a rivalry IMO

And stop with the sob stories about how the ADM matters it didn’t matter when Jacksonville was losing. Now did it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT